• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

IS THE 202 CLASS TOO LIGHT ?

Is the 202 class too light ?

• YES

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • NO

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now, I know a lot of you would have thought this too. I think the new 202 class is one of the best idea's the IFBB has come up with in a long, long time and has really given a lifeline for the lighter bodybuilders out there who either don't have the chance to compete successfully against the taller, heavier guys, or don't want to ruin their lines and shapes by banging on unecessary amount's of bodyweight...

With the current average bodyweight of the pro's being what, 240 ?? Should they have maybe gone a little higher on the cut-off limit, say 210 or 215 ?

Thoughts please folks ?

Shawn_Ray_03-1.jpg

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, maybe they should, but in another 20 years time when the average weight is even higher, do they then have a under 250lbs class?

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think It is perfect Because its not for the average bodybuilders It for the
Bantamweight Lightweight not to sure about walter but its meant for them to get the recognition they diserve and to also be able to make some cash in this sport...

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I think it should look like this. Then a overall with the winners from each class

"Light weight" Up to 202lbs
"Heavy weight" Up to 240lbs
"Super heavy weight" Above 240lbs

Gumby51cm

Gumby51cm

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i think if the weight classes is going to be the case they sould just bring back height classes like back in the day......short and tall. then they go at it for the overall.

i personally think if you a pro bodybuilder, you compete with all the pro's regardless of height and size. weight classes are for the amatuers.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i think if the weight classes is going to be the case they sould just bring back height classes like back in the day......short and tall. then they go at it for the overall.

i personally think if you a pro bodybuilder, you compete with all the pro's regardless of height and size. weight classes are for the amatuers.

It would be better for the prize money if there are no weight classes. Though smaller bbers have less chance to win a mister O than the bigger ones since we still looking for those mass monsters

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
about the answer of this STOLEN thread i dunno :dunnodude:

off topic:
it's a shame COACH for being July MOTM, you just copy and paste a thread that i saw this morning on the MD boards :disgust:, i know that we can "borrow" the vids or pics from other sites, but you could simply change at least something on this one!, sry bro but you look like RSS Feeds or something, like a robot, c'mon man share your thoughts, debates, like we all try to do, even if my english is not good, actually sucks (and Skeptic knows what i'm talking about :gaygay:)..etc.. no hate on you man, but i was expecting from a MOTM and a future VIP member to be something ..more lol :e5dunno:

for non-believers here is the thread http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php?t=37228&highlight=Is+the+202+class+too+light

sry once again COACH, but try to be yourself, this is the most important thing IMO :tiphat:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think it should be 215 personally. What about the guys who are 210-215 they cant drop enough weight to go to 202 and they are still to light against guys at 240 or higher.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

off topic:
it's a shame COACH for being July MOTM, you just copy and paste a thread that i saw this morning on the MD boards :disgust:, i know that we can "borrow" the vids or pics from other sites, but you could simply change at least something on this one!, sry bro but you look like RSS Feeds or something, like a robot, c'mon man share your thoughts, debates, like we all try to do, even if my english is not good, actually sucks (and Skeptic knows what i'm talking about :gaygay:)..etc.. no hate on you man, but i was expecting from a MOTM and a future VIP member to be something ..more lol :e5dunno:

for non-believers here is the thread http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php?t=37228&highlight=Is+the+202+class+too+light

sry once again COACH, but try to be yourself, this is the most important thing IMO :tiphat:

i come to this forum to not to be gathering all the info by myself

there are people who doesnt have time to visit 235 forums to check updates, so props to him for having this forum update, if he wasnt, other would do it

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
i come to this forum to not to be gathering all the info by myself

there are people who doesnt have time to visit 235 forums to check updates, so props to him for having this forum update, if he wasnt, other would do it

lol i'm not saying it's wrong that he post updates, pics and so, we all do this, i do the same...but ocasionaly i've seen this thread this morning, and now is copy pasted by COACH, with that man words..exactly.. where's the personality :dunnodude:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

off topic:

OK BRO SORRY ..
IM NOT ORIGINAL ..
THIS DEBATE ..
202 ..
202 IS TODAY MY DEBATE ..
EVERY GOOD THREADS-POSTS-PICS-VIDEOS ...IN THE WEB IS GOOD FOR ME ..
SINCERELY ..:xyxthumbs:

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i know what you say tkD, but i think its good as it is, he just doenst want to debate

imagine a team coleman posting threads about jay, that would be annoying

i like his posts as he mean to make them, just informative

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i know what you say tkD, but i think its good as it is, he just doenst want to debate

imagine a team coleman posting threads about jay, that would be annoying

i like his posts as he mean to make them, just informative
Thank you bro!! .. for interpreting - estimate all my work .. thank you very much! :xyxthumbs:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Thanks bro!!.. For interpreting and to estimate all my work .. thanks you very much! :xyxthumbs:

lol i don't misinterpreting(spelled right?) your work man...only if you post with your own words, that's all..nothing wrong with you, but just happend to see that thread today and is the first time when i see a copy+paste post!...with copy paste threads is ok, i repped you many times about new pics or videos so you are cool with that..but the posts are something else :wutyousay:

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol i don't misinterpreting(spelled right?) your work man...only if you post with your own words, that's all..nothing wrong with you, but just happend to see that thread today and is the first time when i see a copy+paste post!...with copy paste threads is ok, i repped you many times about new pics or videos so you are cool with that..but the posts are something else :wutyousay:
OK BRO ..
TAKE EASY ..
YO tkD I PROMISE IT TO YOU ..
I HAVE SEEN MY POSTS-PICS-THREADS EVERYWHERE IN THE WEB ..
BELIEVE ME FOR THIS REASON I AM HAPPY ..
THANKS FOR YOUR UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT!! ..:xyxthumbs:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
OK BRO ..
TAKE EASY ..
THANKS FOR YOUR UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT!! ..:xyxthumbs::linedrunk:

ok..nevermind... i'll support you don't worry, keep us updated and be a man, you are a great addition to the site, and i hope that you'll be soon a VIP bro, but try to express yourself :), and don't worry for your english, i have the same problem but i try to improve :2:,

:tiphat:

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think it's too light. I mean these lighter guys look just awesome. It could have been a bit higher and still be interesting but the way it is now, it's not TOO light.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm not a fan of the 202 class at all. I personally am not too interested in seeing short guys, the same height as I was when I was a kid compete. I prefer the taller physiques. To me bodybuilding is about the huge guys.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with Gumby, height only