• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Planned cheat meals when dieting the pro's and con's

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In away im confused and in away im not, :dunnodude:
PRO:
i understand that having a cheat meal when dieting helps speed up your metabolism and rekicks it into gear to burn more calories at a quicker right, putting your body into another state & shocking it.
correct me here if im wrong

But the
CON: Burning the extra calories off from the cheat meal to being where you were before you had it. extra fat and weight etc,

My uncle who is a PT and a nutritionist,
with the diet he is currently making me do,
Im ment to have a planned cheat meal once a week, 1 meal, for the last meal.
but i havent told him as yet that i havent been having one :spy:

Question: is it really nesercer to have one if im ment to or wont make any different if you have other sources to re-kick / speed up the metabolism that doesnt invole having a cheatmeal

Also any valid infomation that is more useful and a better understanding not just for myself but for other members that might be intered in knowing a better reason to why some diets invole and planned cheat meal , once a week.

Any help would be greatful,
thank you.:tiphat:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Re-feeds, actually raise leptin. However re-feeds are full days with maintenance complex carbs. Which is a strong fat incinerating hormone. This in most cases will cause your body to prevent from any catabolism and continue the fat burning journey. So in other words, it "tricks" your metabolism, not fasten.

Cheat meals might be different, but I'm sure it's along the same guidelines. I'd employ full 1-2 days/wk refeeds rather than cheat, sloppy (I guess?) meals.

Hope this helped in some way!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah it has helped to a different/new understanding, but would it be really worthy of having a planned cheat meal once aweek, its what he wants me to do.
would it be still the same pro's and con's from re-feed healthy to a cheatmeal once a week.
keep in mind this is for dieting for a show.
just trying to find more of an understanding on what i would get out of having one.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agree with KM. Its kind of the same concept as carb cycling. Put in lamens terms, it keeps the thyroid happy when you avoid eating the same food in the same quantity every day.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
bump

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, I'm glad that helped, firstly.

Secondly, I don't think a cheat meal will have much of a significance physiologically, rather to relieve mental load. 1-2 day re-feeds, personally through experience also, will help your maintain muscle and prevent protein breakdown.

You're 8 weeks out, right? Not positive. But if you choose to re-feed rather than the cheat meal idea, I'd stop the re-feeds at 4-3 weeks outs depending on how you look at that time. Reason being, around these weeks the pressure begins, and depending on the method of prep you choose you will start the sodium loading/water loading, etc. shorly

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i decided on not useing any for this pre contest diet, thanks the valid information has helped me have a better and new understandinf about it all, thanks heaps guys :) :tiphat:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice posts KM, you have my vote for next VIP.

:tiphat:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff