• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

working out tell done or sets and reps

P

Pumpin

ok so i unno should i have a set amount of sets and reps or should i just go untell i feel im done

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Being that you asked a broad question here's my answer:

Try both. For me, I work until I can get the highest amount of reps before failure, and that's what works for me. This also depends on your goals. I feel reps at 2-5 focus on strength, 6-12 for hypertrophy and 12+ on endurance.

That's very general, but you get my point haha.

My 2 cents I'm sure others will chime in.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well it is until not untell!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think you should tell done anything. Done is a bit of a dickhead and doesn't deserve information.

edit: in all seriousness; if you are training to failure you are generally overtaxing your recovery ability. This means you have to have more time off from training. Better to be able to stimulate and recover.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here is what I would recommend.
Week 1: Stop reps before failure
Week 2: Go until failure
Week 3: Failure with a forced rep (Obviously not on every set)
Week 4: Complete deload

repeat

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ This question is goofy

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think you should tell done anything. Done is a bit of a dickhead and doesn't deserve information.

edit: in all seriousness; if you are training to failure you are generally overtaxing your recovery ability. This means you have to have more time off from training. Better to be able to stimulate and recover.

True words of Layne: "You can't overtrain, you can only under-eat". I think every program or regime should include a deconditioning week or a week off to allow the body to neurologically recover. Going right before failure would fit well. Lesser strain on the CNS and the muscles themselves.

...your neural system will take longer to recover then individual muscle groups.

^ This question is goofy

That it is.

P

Pumpin

ok thanks guys...
and to u ppl that think this is a dumb or a "goofy" question how do u figure? every one wants to know every ones opinion? and need help on certain things... so for u thinking this is a dumb or "goofy" question then i think ur the dumb goofy person?

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok thanks guys...
and to u ppl that think this is a dumb or a "goofy" question how do u figure? every one wants to know every ones opinion? and need help on certain things... so for u thinking this is a dumb or "goofy" question then i think ur the dumb goofy person?

lawl. Unnecessary question mark. lawl.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok thanks guys...

We think that because you can not type proper english. As I wrote it should say until not untell...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff