• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

A little help

S

Sandman69

Hey guys

im 16, I don't have any abs or muscles but plan on working out I wanna try to get abs and pretty big arms....cuz there pretty small now

Any tips i can get from you guys ?

Any thing i can do ? I got very little body fat

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For starts bro:

Eat massive amounts of food.
Lift heavy.
Focus on compound lifts.
Read.

Too much to say, so my best advice would to read as much as you can on diets, workout regimens, supplements and so on.

Good luck with your goal! And welcome to mecca.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
UGH young grasshopper here. That question is sooooooo broad.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should have posted in the training section, so expect a mod to move it there soon.

1) Eat more. People generally need to have a caloric surplus to put on muscle (I know, there are all sorts of variables and it is easier for beginners). If you think you're already eating a lot, chances are you're not. Of course, you have to be eating the right kind of food as well.
2) Get a solid routine. There are all kinds out there, so you have to do some research, decide on one, and then we can help you with specifics. For a beginner like yourself, a good full body routine can work wonders.
3) RESEARCH- can't stress that enough.

The secret to good abs and big arms is to train the rest of your body. Do heavy squats even if you don't care what your legs look like. I don't want you to make the mistake I see countless high school kids doing- they hit the gym and only do bench press and curls.

It's hard to really help you when you haven't asked anything specific, so my main advice is to focus on the compound exercises (deadlifts, squats, benchpress, etc.) and eat a ton of good food.

S

Sandman69

im sorry guys!

You guys are saying eating alot. Eating alot of ? Not mc d's and junk like that I suppose. Any other tips would be great!

And again im sorry for posting in the wrong section, im just new to this and I want to dedicate to it since I don't have alot to do this year and it's a thing I always wanted to do.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
moved....

keep on topic guys.

S

Sandman69

Sorry for that mod!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
way to hijack he thread guys :keke:

SANDMAN: As far as eating goes, eat a lot of whole protein sources like red meat, chicken, fish, turkey etc. Carbohydrates eat a lot of Brown rice, whole wheat bread, sweet potato and plenty of vegetables. Fats, usually if you're eating enough red meat and fish you will get decent fats from there, but to ensure you get the right fatty acids, add some canola oil, olive oil, or flax seed oil to get good fats. Also eat nuts and oily fish.

With your training man, train your entire body. Like Arcane said, even if you dont care what your legs look like, train them also... it can have a huge impact on how fast your upper body develops (which i assume is what you want to train) and you will also have a more balanced physique if you train your legs also.

BTW let us know what you're eating and what your training schedule looks like :xyxthumbs:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
eat a lot of whole foods and protein.
chicken, steak, fish, and a lot of brown rice, whole wheat foods, oatmeal.
i would just read through the training section here and find a basic routine to start off with, possibly a full body routine.
basically just keep reading the threads here and everywhere you can, stay consistent with the training and keep eating heavy.
glad to see another face around here:tiphat:

S

Sandman69

Wow I gotta admit this is the friendliest forum I'v been on! There alot of forum people are really mean. I wanna stick around here its great.

And I don't want to be a bodybuilder, I want to get to the point to get a "Beach body" don't know if you guys know what I mean tho

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow I gotta admit this is the friendliest forum I'v been on! There alot of forum people are really mean. I wanna stick around here its great.

And I don't want to be a bodybuilder, I want to get to the point to get a "Beach body" don't know if you guys know what I mean tho

yeah we know what that means, and if you dont wanna be hated, dont use that "word" :49:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Make friends/peace with these exercises:
Squats
Deadlifts
Bench Press
Rows
Pullups

Don't spend excessive amounts of time on these:
curls

Don't even touch these:
leg extensions

Maybe try Rippetoe's Starting Strength routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

...or at least something similar.