• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

If Camel Spiders Scared The Shit Out Of You...

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
coconut_crab1-1.jpg

You think those hermit crabs on the beach are creepy? Take a look at their bigger cousin at top, the giant coconut crab (Birgus latro), the largest land-dwelling crustacean in the world. This highly apomorphic hermit crab is known for its ability to crack coconuts with its strong pincers in order to eat the contents. If you have any in your neighborhood, you usually know it.

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/coconut-crabs/

:ughnoes::ughnoes:

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
id get the sledgehammer on that motherfucker

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
actually for some reason im more scared of the camel spider instead :49:

P

Pain

VIP
If I saw that thing outside my front door, I'd just lay down and let it eat me.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hate all crabs...

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Reports about the size of Birgus latro vary, but most references give a body length of up to 40 cm (16 in)[3], a weight of up to 9 lb (4.1 kg), and a leg span of more than 3 ft (0.91 m) [4], with males generally being larger than females. It is believed that this is near the theoretical limit for a terrestrial arthropod.[5][citation needed] They can live more than 30 years [6]. The body of the coconut crab is, like that of all decapods, divided into a front section (cephalothorax), which has 10 legs, and an abdomen. The front-most pair of legs has large claws used to open coconuts, and these claws (chelae) can lift objects up to 29 kg (64 lb) in weight. The next two pairs, as with other hermit crabs, are large, powerful walking legs which allow coconut crabs to climb vertically up trees (often coconut palms) up to 6 m high. The fourth pair of legs is smaller with tweezer-like chelae at the end, allowing young crabs to grip the inside of a shell or coconut husk to carry for protection; adults use this pair for walking and climbing. The last pair of legs is very small and serves only to clean the breathing organs. These legs are usually held inside the carapace, in the cavity containing the breathing organs. There is some difference in colour between the animals found on different islands, ranging from light violet through deep purple to brown.

Although Birgus latro is a derived type of hermit crab, only the juveniles use salvaged snail shells to protect their soft abdomens, and adolescents sometimes use broken coconut shells to protect their abdomens. Unlike other hermit crabs, the adult coconut crabs do not carry shells, but instead harden their abdominal armor by depositing chitin and chalk. They also bend their tails underneath their bodies for protection, as do most true crabs. The hardened abdomen protects the coconut crab and reduces water loss on land, but has to be moulted at periodic intervals. Moulting takes about 30 days, during which the animal's body is soft and vulnerable, and it stays hidden for protection.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
15 minutes boiling and we will have a nice post workout meal

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is amazing.. that would shit me