• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
November 15th at UFC 91.......for the Heavyweight Title.

Just announced.

:ughnoes:

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, that's friggin awesome then. Couture is one of my favorite fighters.

HW class needs more great fighters, though.

P

Pain

VIP
Brock is gonna get knocked the f*ck out.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:eek:

This is going to do insane buyrates.

I'm actually going to go for the surprise on this one, and pick Brock by decision.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow..didnt see that coming.This is going to be interesting..

V

vdawg

no way couture will overpower brock. maybe get lucky and land a good punch but i think couture will win by submission

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What happend to Nog? did he leave the UFC?

*edit* Nevermind i found my answer to that question....

“The winner of the Brock/Randy fight will be the heavyweight champion of the UFC. Obviously, the reality show is already in motion and they are already scheduled to fight, so Nogueira and Mir will fight for the interim (championship) and then it will be champion versus champion when this thing is all done. So it’s a pretty interesting little tournament,” commented White as he clarified the UFC heavyweight title picture.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kanav

Kanav

fucking disgusting that they're giving it to brock. Completely undeserved. If they cant book nog for randy, then it should have been the next contender in line (werdum)

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Brock walked into the ufc (1-0 record lol) what did you expect? The ufc is becoming a corrupt show...

They dont care about having the best real fighters in the world anymore...they would rather have names for PVP buys.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They're going to make tens of millions of dollars off this, which is the bottom line. Not only this, but they're marketing to a much broader audience. The diehard MMA fans will always watch, but this kind of fight appeals to the casual sports fan more because Lesnar is known, and the element of Couture's return adds to the build up as well.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
They're going to make tens of millions of dollars off this, which is the bottom line. Not only this, but they're marketing to a much broader audience. The diehard MMA fans will always watch, but this kind of fight appeals to the casual sports fan more because Lesnar is known, and the element of Couture's return adds to the build up as well.
well, I know UFC's biggest ppv event ever was "Liddell vs. Ortiz II". I think UFC earned around $50 million. (PPV's & Live gate revenue)

It'll be difficult to top that.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

exactly its a business....its not necessarily the premiere fight league anymore though. There missing to many top fighters in each weight class.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what is Brock Lesnar like as a fighter? i wouldnt think he'd be all that good

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well he's big and powerful....he lacks skills bigtime but his overall size and strength is impressive. Heath herring looked terrible against him.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fucking disgusting that they're giving it to brock. Completely undeserved. If they cant book nog for randy, then it should have been the next contender in line (werdum)

Brock smashed Herring who is highly rated...( I do agree Brock doesn't deserve a title shot) I thought it was worse that Mir got a shot at the interim after winning 1 fight out of all his comeback fights.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jim Ross comments about the upcoming Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture fight in his latest blog entry. J.R. writes: Couture will give up approximately 50 pounds to Lesnar come fight time which makes the 5 rounder especially intriguing. Couture is a master at capitalizing on a fighter's mistakes and is a supreme strategist. However, if Lesnar continues to improve as he did between the Mir and Herring fights it will be extremely difficult for anyone who is giving up that much weight and is over a decade older to defeat the former WWE and NCAA wrestling champion.
lulz

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
exactly its a business....its not necessarily the premiere fight league anymore though. There missing to many top fighters in each weight class.

i'm curious...besides the HW division, which other division is the ufc lacking many top fighters?