• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Calves??!!??

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Among some things, limbs (arms, legs)seem to carry the most dependencies as far as genetics go..my arms are ight, but my calves absolutely blow..I have slightly high calves, and I just started noticing them getting bigger while getting more serious about working them.My question is this:
Name some pros with high calves that are big..I know victors calves have been brought wayyy up..hell, they are huge now. Are victor's a result of synthol, or did he just train the hell outa them? I wouldn't mind training them forever knowing that they could get like Victor's.

B

Batmanx007

Arnold had kind of high calves that grew to be large. Phil Heath also has pretty high calves, that are decent sized.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think victors are syntholed as well as his arms.

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

I think victors are syntholed as well as his arms.

+1

if you use synthol the right way, alot of eyes wont even notice it. on the other hand, nasser's rear delts in that one olympia was just whack -_-

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think synthol is complete bullshit and should be the only substance banned in the IFBB. Just my opinion.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnies to me dont look syntholed..about calves though, arnold had high calves? He did 10 sets before every siingle workout and he grew some cows..so thats one..so are yall telling me victor's wouldn't look like that(moundy shaped)if no synthol? I'll upload a video of victor doing calves and hams..I would NOT mind having calves like his, high calves or not..victor said that bigger calves make your calves look longer.Also, how are your guy's calves..thanks.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mine suck, but my whole genetic potential to begin with wasn't that great. I have small insertion points and it take a great deal longer to progress them than any other muscle. You either have the potential for large calves or you don't. Very genetically determined body part.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Toney Freeman has shit calves for such a big guy. They look like a wad of gum on the end of a toothpick.

Edit: My calves are pretty good. Big, but not very cut. Muscular all the way through almost, but not much definition. Long as fuck too. They almost start mid-shin close to my ankle. The Soleus does anyway.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
curtisymoo

curtisymoo

oh lol yeah i was just saying that sometimes some people get away with it if you wont look very carefully

and, while that were kinda on it im curious as to who else is on your "synthol user" list if you dont mind telling:keke:

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my calves are excellent. not as big as Beefcakes (think his are 24''?) but they grow easy as hell, and they are situated in a good spot too... not too high or lowish ether.

although, my arms are average at best. (for the moment anyway)

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my calves get big quick too.
right now i can't even put my boots all the way on
top gets stuck right in the middle of the calves..

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my calves get big quick too.
right now i can't even put my boots all the way on
top gets stuck right in the middle of the calves..

You wear boots? Do they have a lucite heel? :keke:

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

if some one does not look vascular and or has their muscle size and shape or fullness it does not mean there on synthol.... It just means they where not blessed with the shape vasulalirty or fullness as the next guy for example look at jay... Im not saying synthol is not a tool in bodybuilding but I dont think its as widely used as you guys make it seem...

Lol and you cant compare any one to Ronnie He was the whole package....

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i think i need to put a picture of my calves on here for you napol3onator.

Joeb23

Joeb23

if some one does not look vascular and or has their muscle size and shape or fullness it does not mean there on synthol.... It just means they where not blessed with the shape vasulalirty or fullness as the next guy for example look at jay... Im not saying synthol is not a tool in bodybuilding but I dont think its as widely used as you guys make it seem...

Lol and you cant compare any one to Ronnie He was the whole package....

I agree with you to the extent that Tony may have cited a not so proper example, being that Ronnie is an exception to every rule. However I do agree for the most part of his assessment, and he does seem to have a rare eye for the not so obvious. Most people are quick to point out the "abusers" of synthol when in fact it runs quite rampid throughout the entire sport, from the amateur level all the way up the ladder. The reason why not as many people can detect this is the professionalism in which these pros use it in. In most cases when spot injections occur completely beneath the muscle it becomes virtually undetectable. What many people seem to be forgetting is muscle shape is genetic and no matter what it will not change without the use of these substances or plastic surgery. Look up pictures of Vic and Dex (to name a few of the not so obvious) when they were amateurs. You can clearly see both of there biceps have completely changed their shape. This is all impossible without the use if synthol. I understand it is easier to assess this with guys such as Markus Ruhl, but if you do the research you will see what I mean. The fact remains that many pros have, will, and still do use this ridiculous substance that should be abolished off the face of the earth.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The reason I had the ronnie pic was to show a real bicep compared to a synthol one like Dexters. I was just clarifying that if any of you were confused.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey if I could use synthol to change the shapes of some muscle groups I would lol