• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What do you do for a Job?

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys, I am looking at my different possibilities at careers. I have a B.S. in Criminal Justice. I am currently a facilities engineer at an internet company at the Data Center. Its just so damn boring and I want to make more money and don't see this company expanding any time soon. What do you guys do/want to do? I am just looking for some ideas.:xyxthumbs:

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I own my own residential construction company doing concrete. Pretty good money.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Family business....we use to pump/finish concrete but we moved more into the sales end of things and now we sell concrete/construction equipment. Good coin for sure

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You know how to finish concrete Beau?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Workover night as a stocker
good pay too, max is 14.75$ an hour 40hours a week ,get paid each week.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honestly i did it for awhile (different company though) but since i've been in the family biz we have been an equipment dealer...I started out in the production end of things mounting equip then moved into sales about 3 years ago or so... but ya i started out working for a local guy placing and doing some finishing. Concrete is good money...do you enjoy it?

sometimes i think i should buy a line pump and just work my ass off....could make a killing

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm a handyman although my official title is "Building Engineer". I work maintenance at a hospital. I'm currently studying law and hoping to combine that with previous studies to work in environmental law and policy making. I'm a greeny who want to be rich!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm a handyman although my official title is "Building Engineer". I work maintenance at a hospital. I'm currently studying law and hoping to combine that with previous studies to work in environmental law and policy making. I'm a greeny who want to be rich!

:xyxthumbs: good to hear man!

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks guys, I have been thinking about getting into constructions simply because its such good money. Just looking at all my different options.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good thread Pimpin I was gonna make something like this but never did. I dont work right now but have an interview at the rec and as a bank teller (major is finance). After college My career will either be a junior stock broker or investment banker or possibly some kind of junior analyst for a company. I think these jobs will put a damper on my bodybuilding but the money is ridiculous.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Im a consultant at Proffice

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DA, how is that job like?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
DA, how is that job like?

Its all good I guess. If the assignments are longer then a couple of days/weeks its just like a normal job. You get a task, and you leave when its done.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
informatic stuff at a textil company

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man concrete work has to be the hardest job on the earth hands down. Beau you know what i meen. Pulling a come a long while pouring 500 yards in the summer with no break until you are poured out is a straight BITCH! Im glad i started my own thing. Of course i enjoy it! On a decent week i can bring in 1000 n a few days and if i book work for the whole week its closer to 2000 or more depending on the type of work. I did a patch job and made 500 n a few hours. Not too shabby.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Management consultant at a large insurance company. I implement the Toyota Production System company wide.

I have a master's degree in economics and management.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its all good I guess. If the assignments are longer then a couple of days/weeks its just like a normal job. You get a task, and you leave when its done.

interesting, sitting jobs sound kool.
im always into the physical labor jobs..

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man concrete work has to be the hardest job on the earth hands down. Beau you know what i meen. Pulling a come a long while pouring 500 yards in the summer with no break until you are poured out is a straight BITCH! Im glad i started my own thing. Of course i enjoy it! On a decent week i can bring in 1000 n a few days and if i book work for the whole week its closer to 2000 or more depending on the type of work. I did a patch job and made 500 n a few hours. Not too shabby.

So your company is just a finishing crew or what?

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Full time student now, Biochem major. Worked at a golf range for a while, probably will over the summer. Hopefully going to get into research maybe next year.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Nice thread. I'm starting University on the 22nd of September and will be studying Applied sports science. Wanting to be a Nutritionist at the end of it and hoping to become a Professional Bodybuilder. In the mean time i work part time at a local supermarket stacking shelves.