• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Help Me Change

M

Mattman

Hi all i was thinking maybe some of you guys help me out iv all ways been the fat kid that played football now i want to get in shape and start bodybuilding but i dont no if i can im 6'2 390 pd iv played football 3 years offf football High school and this is the year im making the change my last year of high school i no it all takes time well here is some info about my training and dieting

Diet
6:00 am one cup of oats and a fruit
9:00 am some kind of Fruit
1:30 cup of brown rice with 7oz of beef or chicken
3:00 oats
7:30-8:00 rice with beef chicken fish

Training
hour of cardio a day
bench 225 for 100 reps
squat 300-325 50 reps
deads 550 was my best
but from what iv been reading this kind of training is wrong
i really dont no what would be best to do for i can keep some mass i will post pic as soon as i no how haha

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
100 kg bench for 100 reps?:uhoh2:
not even ronnie coleman could do that. video or i dont buy it...

Mikew

Mikew

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Must be a typo...I hope its a typo :D

M

Mattman

oh that was sorry its 30 reps haha i with i could

G

Griffstrong

^30 is still a shitload of reps for 225. From what I am getting by the exercises you have on here is that you are a powerlifter? Maybe. Is that you whole workout plan for the week? Those are all good exercises that you need in order to build mass, but I believe if you keep doing those and incorporate some volume training into your workouts you would seem some good results. Post your full workout if this is not it bro and there are a lot of guys here thatll give you some good advice.

M

Mattman

ok coo
i train three times a week
i do
bench monday
Squat thursday
deads saturday

thats what may workouts look like :carduindisguise i no it has to change

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok coo
i train three times a week
i do
bench monday
Squat thursday
deads saturday

thats what may workouts look like :carduindisguise i no it has to change

Your english needs to change as well. It's " I know" not " I no".. Also YOU personally need to research training styles and diet. Do you just expect us to lay it all out here for you?

Seriously if all you do is the workout posted above you have a long ways to go. Also with that diet you're going to starve your ass off. Also what is your current BF%? I would guess 40 - 50 %. If you come back with anything bellow 35% you'll have to post some pictures.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
diet and cardio seem OK to me, go into the training section here and read up on the different types of routines you can do. if you have any questions post them in that thread. your one strong dude thats for sure

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
6'2 and 390? god daym!! better visit a doctor before you hit the cardio.. seriously i don't want anything happen to you.. you should do a diet and sloooooow cardio.. man thats not healthy at all...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
G

Griffstrong

^Youngmuscle jock you need to chill. He is asking for advice on here which is part of what this site is for. You can guide him in the right direction without being a smart ass about it.....Even though you are right, he probably isnt as educated as a lot of guys are on here. But yeah MATT you need to lay some of those numbers out bodyfat wise so we can have a better idea of what you are looking like bro.

M

Mattman

Wow Youngmuscle your a harsh man but ok . and yes im 35% Bodyfat
miamiracing i got the aok form the doc im good and i if die they cant say i didnt try haha Griffstrong im 35% bodyfat if theres anymore info u need let me no

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow Youngmuscle your a harsh man but ok . and yes im 35% Bodyfat
miamiracing i got the aok form the doc im good and i if die they cant say i didnt try haha Griffstrong im 35% bodyfat if theres anymore info u need let me no

What's your current diet look like? No offense but as I said you will starve your ass off with that diet. Have you looked into all the different types of diet? How much time do you have each week to cardio and weight lifting? How dedicated will you be? Can you prepare your meals? What will you do for lunch? So many questions so little answers, so little time.

Also I do not believe you're at 35% bf. What you used to check with? That means you have 254 lbs of muscle All NATURAL I find it hard to believe. Yes I do know you're 6'2. You do know body calipers are way off. Just being honest, I'm not going to lie or sugar coat it for ya.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm with young muscle about the diet, your going to either 1. Starve and lose all your muscle or 2. Burn out and not want to diet anymore and just give up. Your setting yourself up for failure. First figure out how many calories it takes for you to maintain your weight. Then take ATLEAST 500 calories off that from fat and carbohydrates. Add in some cardio and weight training and you've got the basics down. Once you start to stall out on the weight loss, either up the dosage of cardio, or take some more calories off your diet from fat or carbs.

M

Mattman

youngmuscle im very dedicated im going to change my diet i have no problem with making my meals a head of time or anything like that and i used calipers and two diff things that i dont no the name of one of them i stand on and one i hold in my hands there both at my gym one of the trainers did them both

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
youngmuscle im very dedicated im going to change my diet i have no problem with making my meals a head of time or anything like that and i used calipers and two diff things that i dont no the name of one of them i stand on and one i hold in my hands there both at my gym one of the trainers did them both

Well post your current diet and detailed training program. Then we can go from there. I would say you have at least 200 lbs to lose. Your closer to 50% bf than 35%. Just the truth!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'll second the request for a detail training program.

What exercises on which days? How many sets and reps? Loading and intensity?