• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Need help with Acne Treatment.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So, I've been looking around for some good acne treatment and I was thinking either Exposed Skin or Clearnskin - A Acne Gel. Anyways, what have you guys taken that have worked and do you have any tips. I don't get huge break outs, I only get the massive once a month pimples, but I also have some minor scar tissue, nonetheless, I wants an acne treating formula that'll work, thanks!

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Im the same as you fatality. I get one big one every now and then. What works best for me is to make sure to wash my face like twice a day. Sometimes I use regular bar soap or clean and clear morning burst. IMO everything is the same as long as you keep your face washed throughout the day it seems to prevent it the best.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sulfur, i use a product thats just sulfur, put some on the area, (will burn like a motherfuck for a quick sec) but next day shits gone, literally.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks, but howabout already-acne-scarring, how can I clear that up?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks, but howabout already-acne-scarring, how can I clear that up?

The sulfur will help that too, also wash your face twice a day with
salicylic acid type face wash.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
benzoyl peroxide.

I've had persistent acne for many years. The only thing that clears it up it benzoyl peroxide. I apply it twice a day, once at night and once in the morning. As long as I'm consistant, my skin stays perfectly clear. Even been commented on having nice skin while using it. One caveat; it drys skin pretty quickly. You'll need a moisturizer.

I recomend trying AcneFree.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Clearogen is the best acne product i have used, ever besides spirolactin(smells like shit, get it from our sponsor the CEM store)

They bothe owrk to block androgens from binding to your oil/sebum producing glands in your skin. It works well THANK GOD. The result is less oily skin less acne.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've tried them all and I swear by pro-active. It is the best combination of hard hitting acne control and gentle to the skin that you'll find imo.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
benzoyl peroxide.

I've had persistent acne for many years. The only thing that clears it up it benzoyl peroxide. I apply it twice a day, once at night and once in the morning. As long as I'm consistant, my skin stays perfectly clear. Even been commented on having nice skin while using it. One caveat; it drys skin pretty quickly. You'll need a moisturizer.

I recomend trying AcneFree.
Yes, but benzo is in nearly every face wash these days.

If you use it, I recommend a non-comedogenic moisturizer.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So basically, it's just all about trying things and seeing which works best, and Flex, you're right, most benzo's are in nearly all facewashes, so really, I'm just going to go down to my local Price Chopper or whatever and try to find something that looks promising. Thanks you guys!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you're finding that those over the counter acne treatments aren't doing it for you, then see a dermatologist. I was using Pro-Active and Neutrogena ClearSkin and they worked great when I was using them. But the day I ran out of shit and my skin looked good, the next morning I had pimples. Go to a Derm's office and get a perscription. If you have health care, the drugstores should cover your perscription. I only pay $5 for every prescription I pick up and they last a long ass time if you use the right ammount. I can't remember the name of the topical cream they gave me, but I think it was stievamycin (sp?). It's by far the best topical I've ever used. And since you say you only get a breakout once a month or so, one tube should last you a long time and the great thing is it helps to heal acne scars if you apply it to them regularly.

Hope this helped buddeh :tiphat:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, but benzo is in nearly every face wash these days.

True, but I don't use it in a facewash; I apply it directly to my skin and leave it on. Facewashes usually don't work for me alone, so I use it as a supplement.