• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Need help with windows vista..

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alrighty, i got the 32bit (only) OEM college/student dvd. right?
well i need the 64 bit version now due to my system ram plus video ram over 4gigs in size, and 32bit only sees it as 3.5 and etc.
now. does anyone know if i try to install the Upgrade edition of vista ultimate 64bit over my 32bit, will it delete everything on the c drive and other drives?
if so can i do a dual boot?.
ive tried asking this question on the bit-tech.net forums
but people are ignoring it.

warpig

warpig

you can upgrade it, dont dual boot it wouldnt make sense.
Vista is garbage though, did you get a new comp?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you can upgrade it, dont dual boot it wouldnt make sense.
Vista is garbage though, did you get a new comp?

I got all the parts off of newegg.com
case, CPU,Video card, hard-drive,Ram, etc
but got the OEM vista ultimate 32bit dvd at a college convention for 29$
someone told me it won't work with the upgrade version, and i'd have to get the full retail.. i dunno, i keep getting this and that from people :S

warpig

warpig

it should work, I would install it, and if it doesn't work you can always reinstall windows

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it should work, I would install it, and if it doesn't work you can always reinstall windows

sounds good, just don't want that blue screen of death and some install erors
like i had before..

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why don't you just download a copy of the Vista you need and crack it? U already paid for it.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why don't you just download a copy of the Vista you need and crack it? U already paid for it.

I was gonna say the same thing. Just torrent the version you need and then you are all set.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Honestly I dont have enough balls to torrent a running program like XP or Vista cause I dont know what would happen.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
What I dont understand is why you want a 64bit Vista....its CRAP...stay with the 32bit vista and you'll actually "gain" performance compared to the 64bit vista cause it needs more ram then the 32bit version

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What I dont understand is why you want a 64bit Vista....its CRAP...stay with the 32bit vista and you'll actually "gain" performance compared to the 64bit vista cause it needs more ram then the 32bit version

Well thats the thing..
I got 4gigs of Kingston Hyper-X 800mhz DDR2 ram
and a Radeon 3870x2 crossfired with a OC'ed 3870,

4gigs of system ram + 1.5gigs of video ram
total my system only sees it as 3.5 for all together...

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Well thats the thing..
I got 4gigs of Kingston Hyper-X 800mhz DDR2 ram
and a Radeon 3870x2 crossfired with a OC'ed 3870,

4gigs of system ram + 1.5gigs of video ram
total my system only sees it as 3.5 for all together...

No need to count the video memory. It doesn't count into the physical memory anyway.

What Im saying is that less ram will be free if you choose to run with Vista X64 instead of the X86 Vista (32bit) Vista in itself allocates up to 2gb of ram, even more in some cases, and the 64bit Vista is a much more demanding OS.

So you might end up with just a couple of hundred mb free ram rather then 1 gb in the 32bit version. IMO theres NO REASON AT ALL to even use Vista at this point before XP. Windows Xp with SP3 is a far faster OS for gaming. In games like Crysis I get 5-10fps less using vista. Thats how slow it is.

But if the only option you have is to either upgrade to 64bit Vista or stay with the 32bit...I'd stay with the 32bit and then shut the "Windows SuperFetch" and "readyboost" off. The superfetch is the program that allocates ram and readyboost is a program that uses a USB stick to make the loading times "faster" but it doesn't. So I think you should stay with 32bits Vista and shut the readyboost and superfetch off on the controlpanel (services) And use those 3.5gb ram you can. Cause Vista 64bit will eat it up much faster the the 32bit version

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No need to count the video memory. It doesn't count into the physical memory anyway.

What Im saying is that less ram will be free if you choose to run with Vista X64 instead of the X86 Vista (32bit) Vista in itself allocates up to 2gb of ram, even more in some cases, and the 64bit Vista is a much more demanding OS.

So you might end up with just a couple of hundred mb free ram rather then 1 gb in the 32bit version. IMO theres NO REASON AT ALL to even use Vista at this point before XP. Windows Xp with SP3 is a far faster OS for gaming. In games like Crysis I get 5-10fps less using vista. Thats how slow it is.

But if the only option you have is to either upgrade to 64bit Vista or stay with the 32bit...I'd stay with the 32bit and then shut the "Windows SuperFetch" and "readyboost" off. The superfetch is the program that allocates ram and readyboost is a program that uses a USB stick to make the loading times "faster" but it doesn't. So I think you should stay with 32bits Vista and shut the readyboost and superfetch off on the controlpanel (services) And use those 3.5gb ram you can. Cause Vista 64bit will eat it up much faster the the 32bit version

I might get XP SP3 as a dual boot...

Thanks DA, didn't know bout' that Superfetch, damn microsoft...