• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

BCAA?

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i have been reading and it seems alot of people are taking BCAAs. i have read some about it, but i just want to know what you guys think about them and what kind is the best to take?

allstar

allstar

Branch Chain Amino Acids are the "Building Blocks" of the body. They make up 35% of your muscle mass and must be present for molecular growth and development to take place. Eight are essential (cannot be manufactured by the body) the rest are non-essential (can be manufactured by the body with proper nutrition). Besides building cells and repairing tissue, they form antibodies, they are part of the enzyme & hormonal system; they build RNA and DNA and they carry oxygen throughout the body.

Proteins are made up of amino acids. The difference between full spectrum amino acids and regular protein powders is that protein powders have fillers, sweeteners, dyes and extra carbohydrates. More than 20 amino acids are needed to build muscle, red blood cells, and hundreds of other molecules that sustain life. Your body can produce all but 8-10 amino acids which must be obtained through your diet or supplementation. A complete amino acid profile is needed by your body to reach your maximum fitness potential.

With BCAA's 4-8 grams before a work out and 4-8 grams after is optimal. Lesser amounts are effective but if increased performance and recovery are needed a higher dosage is more effective. Taking BCAA's immediately before or during a strenuous workout or cardio session will increase performance.

Taking them after with a post work out meal or recovery drink will help speed the replacement of BCAA's in the muscles, speeding muscle recovery and preventing overtraining.
They are a staple in my stack, I think they are great. I take mine both during and after my workout. I use Scivation Xtend or SciFit Shockwave.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for the info

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was looking around and found axis labs bcaa ethyl ester. it sounds good but i really dont know that much about the bcaa. tell me what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
allstar

allstar

I dono I havent really looked in to a bcaa EE yet, i stick to just basic bcaa or xtend/shockwave i would look into those personally instead of that.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ight thanks bro

G

Griffstrong

What ALLSTAR suggested would be a good way to go...but regardless you would be doing just fine buying most any type of brand of BCAA bro. I usually take 2-3 servings daily and really notice a difference in my recovery.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ight thanks for the advice bro.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Branch Chain Amino Acids are the "Building Blocks" of the body. They make up 35% of your muscle mass and must be present for molecular growth and development to take place. Eight are essential (cannot be manufactured by the body) the rest are non-essential (can be manufactured by the body with proper nutrition). Besides building cells and repairing tissue, they form antibodies, they are part of the enzyme & hormonal system; they build RNA and DNA and they carry oxygen throughout the body.

Proteins are made up of amino acids. The difference between full spectrum amino acids and regular protein powders is that protein powders have fillers, sweeteners, dyes and extra carbohydrates. More than 20 amino acids are needed to build muscle, red blood cells, and hundreds of other molecules that sustain life. Your body can produce all but 8-10 amino acids which must be obtained through your diet or supplementation. A complete amino acid profile is needed by your body to reach your maximum fitness potential.

With BCAA's 4-8 grams before a work out and 4-8 grams after is optimal. Lesser amounts are effective but if increased performance and recovery are needed a higher dosage is more effective. Taking BCAA's immediately before or during a strenuous workout or cardio session will increase performance.

Taking them after with a post work out meal or recovery drink will help speed the replacement of BCAA's in the muscles, speeding muscle recovery and preventing overtraining.
They are a staple in my stack, I think they are great. I take mine both during and after my workout. I use Scivation Xtend or SciFit Shockwave.
Did you just cut and paste this straight out of a supplement ad?:disgust:

The post of interest about whether BCAA's are different to Whey.
Me a year ago said:
^^ No. Whey protein is a complete protein, containing all 20 of the aminos (including the ones that aren't in some plants). BCAA's are Branched Chain Amino Acids consisting 3 (of the ten) essential amino acids leucine, isoleucine, and valine. They are considered essential amino acids because human beings cannot survive unless these amino acids are present in the diet (and plant products may be missing one or all of them).

BCAA's have a very important role in sports nutrition. If the liver's glycogen stores are depleted during exercise, the body manufactures glucose from other substrates, including proteins & amino acids. The exercising muscle releases BCAA's to be broken down to make the amino acid alanine, which is then transported to the liver for conversion to glucose. BCAA's are unique in that they can also be converted and shuttled directly into energy production in muscle itself. It is essential that the athletes’ diet is supplemented with a protein source rich in BCAA's (i.e. whey protein) to reduce muscle breakdown, maintaining exercise performance and intensity and assist muscle recovery and growth. Therefore, unlike other amino acids, BCAA's provide energy directly to the muscle tissue. In fact during prolonged athletic activity, BCAA's serve as a valuable fuel source - providing as much as 15% of the body's total energy needs. If you do not consume enough BCAA's when needed (i.e. during intense physical activity, illness, or dieting) you may breakdown muscle to liberate BCAA's for more urgent demands in other tissues.

BCAA’s have been shown to assist with; energy production, decrease exercise-induced protein degradation and/or muscle enzyme release (which is an indicator of muscle damage), muscle growth, BCAA supplementation during intense training may help minimize protein degradation and thereby lead to greater gains in FFM (fat free mass), and recovery fat burning

Last edited by a moderator:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for the info.

samsam

samsam

EAA > BCAA.

BCAA: branched chain amino acids (leucine, isoleucine and valine).
EAA: essential amino acids (L-Leucin , L-Lysin , L-fenylalanin , L-Treonin ,L-Valin , L-Arginin, L-Histidin , L-Isoleucin , DL-Methionin)

I highly recommend you to purchase an EAA supplemnt instead of BCAA.

I myself have been using it for a while and noticed that little boost I've desired for a while, other factors could be involved obviously but I belive it's given me a big benifit.

EAA work the same way as BCAA, but with a superior nature.
Some of the aminoacid names are in Swedish but you get the point.

allstar

allstar

No, I actually typed that up a couple month ago,on another bodybuilding forum.