• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2008 Olympia Weekend Mr. Olympia Predictions by Ron Avidan

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
avidan_2008_olympia_pred-1.jpg

I am getting excited again, as the contest is coming closer, as the greatest bodybuilding event of the year is coming to town again. The granddaddy of the IFBB, the Mr. Olympia, is once again in the city of Las Vegas, at the New Orleans Arena, which is a beautiful 9,000 seat venue.

The internet boards are buzzing with predictions and boasting on who will have the best physique, and the final big battle of 2008 will lay down and settle the score on who really are the top IFBB bodybuilders.

It doesn't matter what you did in any other IFBB show during the year, but right here, right now is where you put it on the line, for only the best of the best come to the Olympia to compete.

23 competitors have qualified for the 2008 Mr. Olympia, of which 19 will compete at the end of September. Here is the list of competitors and how they have qualified.

Number Name Country Qualification
1 Jay Cutler USA 2007 Mr. Olympia 1st Place
2 Victor Martinez USA 2007 Mr. Olympia 2nd Place
3 Dexter Jackson USA 2007 Mr. Olympia 3rd Place
4 Ronnie Coleman USA 2007 Mr. Olympia 4th Place
5 Dennis Wolf Germany 2007 Mr. Olympia 5th Place
6 Melvin Anthony USA 2007 Mr. Olympia 6th Place
7 Phil Heath USA 2008 Iron Man 1st Place
8 Gustavo Badell Puerto Rico 2008 Iron Man 2nd Place
9 Moe Elmoussawi New Zealand 2008 Iron Man 3rd Place
10 Silvio Samuel Spain 2008 Iron Man Pro 4th Place
11 Johnnie Jackson USA 2008 Arnold 3rd Place
12 Kai Greene USA 2008 Arnold 3rd Place
13 Branch Warren USA 2008 Arnold 4th Place
14 Toney Freeman USA 2008 Australia 4th Place
15 Sergey Shelestov Russia 2008 New Zealand Pro 4th Place
16 Kevin English USA 2008 New York Pro 2nd Place
17 Ronny Rockel Germany 2008 New York Pro 3rd Place
18 David Henry USA 2008 New York Pro 4th Place
19 Craig Richardson USA 2008 New York Pro 5th Place
20 Leo Ingram USA 2008 Houston Pro 3rd Place
21 Dennis James Germany 2008 Houston Pro 3rd Place
22 Abiad Fouad Canada 2008 Europa Pro 3rd Place
23 Darrem Charles Trinidad 2008 Atlantic City Pro 3rd Place

Four of these competitors are not going to compete, three for injury related reasons (Victor Martinez, Kai Greene and Branch Warren), and one, because, the greatest bodybuilder of the past decade, Ronnie Coleman, has retired.

It would have been quite an interesting battle had Victor been healthy this year, for a good many people proclaimed that Victor Martinez was the rightful winner in the 2007 Olympia. Alas, it isn't to be, so we will look for Victor, Kai and Branch to compete at the 2009 Arnold.

And while we will get glimpses of these competitors on various web sites around the web, including Bodybuilding.com, Getbig.com and Flexonline.com, the real story will start on Thursday, September 25th, where we begin with the annual Mr. Olympia Press Conference, beginning promptly at 1pm.
No female competitors this year will be there, so the first serious chance we get to see them will be later on that Thursday night, at the 'Meet the Olympians' event, where you can talk, take pictures, get autographs and get various memorabilia.

So who do I think is going to place where on the list? Ah... let me gaze into my crystal ball, and wear the Swami hat. Hmmm... this isn't working for me.

First of all, the hat is way too small for my big head, and the banner inside the hat saying 'Lonnie Teper - Do Not Touch', just doesn't go for me. So away goes the hat and crystal ball. I will sit down, and order some Chinese Orange Chicken, and ask for 19 fortune cookies, and see what happens. The predictions are unlike others... true, but that is what makes me an awesome predictor... ok, maybe a lucky one.

So here it goes...
*GO HERE*

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
"There can be only one" it's true, but let's hope that this time the winner will deserve it :ughfingers:

hotblood66

hotblood66

JAY WANT WIN ....THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT OLYMPIA ...A CAN'T WAIT GOOD LUCK TO ALL !

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its gunna be a really good olympia this year....i want vic to win but jay is looking like hes gunna take it