• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

OLYMPIA DREAM MATCHUP: HEATH VS JACKSON

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
heathvsjackson.jpg

*GO HERE*

by Shawn Perine
September 24, 2008

FLEXONLINE.COM

Leading up to the 2008 Mr. Olympia on September 26-27 at The Orleans Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, we'll break down some of the most intriguing potential matchups and subplots to the contest.

The seventh in our Olympia Dream Matchup Series is one we have seen twice before at the 2007 and 2008 Arnold Classics. This time, however, at least one man promises it will be different: Phil Heath versus Dexter Jackson.THE MATCHUP: Phil Heath vs Dexter Jackson

NAME: Phil Heath
NICKNAME: The Gift
HEIGHT: 5'9"
WEIGHT: 235-240 pounds
OLYMPIA HISTORY: None

NAME: Dexter Jackson
NICKNAME: The Blade
HEIGHT: 5'6"
WEIGHT: 230-235 pounds
OLYMPIA HISTORY: 1999 , 9th; 2000, 9th; 2001, 8th; 2002, 4th; 2003, 3rd; 2004, 4th; 2006, 4th; 2007, 3rd

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Dex was the clear winner at the Arnold this past year due to Heath not being able to peak as immaculately as he did for the IM. Might as well flip a coin for the Olympia though, as far as predictions are concerned that is. I am a fan of the mass that Jackson had put on in the off season but we'll have to wait to see how much he holds on to.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You think Dex will out mass Heath?

And even though Heath wasn't as sharp as he was at the Ironman he still IMO had very close condition to Dex and out muscled him. I honestly believe Heath has far less weak points than Dex, but hey its a subjective sport

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
You think Dex will out mass Heath?
Proportionately it's a distinct possibility, but that's not at all what I said regardless. I was commenting that the mass added by Dexter is going to be incredibly beneficial to him, especially because he's always labeled as "Mr. Consistent" instead of "Mr. Improvement".
Beau said:
And even though Heath wasn't as sharp as he was at the Ironman he still IMO had very close condition to Dex and out muscled him. I honestly believe Heath has far less weak points than Dex, but hey its a subjective sport
He wasn't nearly as full either, which I believe hurt him much more than a slight loss in leanness and/or water retention.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fair enough...can't wait for this weekend!

CombBoy

CombBoy

Heath is trumps symmetrically and aesthetically compared to Dex IMO.
Conditioning will make or break a top 5 finish for these guys, but they'll be on their A game for sure.
Cant effing wait!

fatchops

fatchops

If you seen Phil's track record when he does back to back shows or shows in close period of times he always peaks for this first show. In his rookie year he peaked for the Shawn Ray and a week after at the New York he was not as crisp. With that said, I believe Phil will come in better than he did at the Iron Man if that is possible, lol.

I have him beating Dexter and placing behind his good friend Mr. Cutler.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff