• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Which supplements are worth there money?

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As the titel said, which supplements do you find are worth there money? And why?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whey protein powder: helps recovery, and helps me get in the protein i need

tricreatine malate: monohydrate worked well for me, but this version was even better, less bloat, and the same strenght and size gains.

redkick: caffeine/ energy drink, helps kickstart me before workouts.

bcaa: i get these pretty cheap, and i think they have helped my recovery, i take them morning, pre post workout, and before bed.

vitamin c: after supplementing with 600 mg of vitamin c a day for the past six months now, i have not been sick even once.

multivitamin: everyone should make sure they get their vitamins, especially when training hard. getting every vitamin and mineral u need just through food is impossible.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good post bulkboy!

i keep it simple no need for muscle tech like companys

whey protein(run you about 30-40 bucks for 5lbs)
creatine(10-20 bucks for a kilo of pure creatine)
glutamine(10-20 bucks)
BCAAs(10-20 bucks)
EAAs(10-20 bucks)
multi(20-30 bucks)
nitric oxide(40-50)
beta alanine(10-15 bucks)

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
bulkboy and weapon pretty much summed it all up :xyxthumbs:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ya maybe add some fish/omega oils and looks good

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ yea i was gonna add that, i forgot to edit it lol

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

good post bulkboy!

i keep it simple no need for muscle tech like companys

whey protein(run you about 30-40 bucks for 5lbs)
creatine(10-20 bucks for a kilo of pure creatine)
glutamine(10-20 bucks)
BCAAs(10-20 bucks)
EAAs(10-20 bucks)
multi(20-30 bucks)
nitric oxide(40-50)
beta alanine(10-15 bucks)

Anabolic Innovations is coming out with a unflavored powder that has the following. I have tried the beta version in a orange drink also chocolate and vanilla whey and it did not change the taste profile. It can be mixed in your favorite drink.

Micronized Creatine Monohydrate 5 grams per day
Multi Vit
BCAAs 7 grams per day
Beta Alanine 3.2 grams per day
Digestive aids
Joint Support 2100 mg Glucosamine Sulfate, Chondrotin Sulfate

Flexability Support 2500 mg Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) Bromelain, CetylMyristoleate (CMO 20%), Turmeric Extract (Curcumin) Turmeric Root P.E. 95% Hyaluronic Acid

Naringin
Bioperine

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

Forgot the product will be called ESSENTIALS at a cost of about $38 for a month supply.:xyxthumbs:

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i had free sample of intrbolic its a during workout drink, has everything you just posted :) its pretty good i liked it just waiting to be able to buy me a tub lol

Goku69

Goku69

Whey protein, glutamine, omega 3-6-9, multivitamins for me. Those are my staples, everything else is a bonus.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Workingatit46

Workingatit46

Whey protein, glutamine, omega 3-6-9, multivitamins for me. Those are my staples, everything else is a bonus.

Lots of debate on glutamine so swear by it others say it is totally useless:xyxthumbs:

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ huh? ok if you asking, what is ZMA? you take it before bedtime, it raises GH and test levels while you sleep

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1. whey protein
2. bcaa's
3. applied nutriceuticals - RPM

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glutamine's the biggest waste of money you can find. I, personally feel it works through a placebo effect.

The essentials for me:

Whey... (Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex or Gold Standard)
Creatine monohydrate... (Optimum Nutrition, micronized or PP)
Multi-Vitamin... (1-A-Day Men or Centrium)
BCAA's... (Optimum Nutrition)
Dextrose... (NOW)

allstar

allstar

Everything KM said except i add:
ON Fish Oil

allstar

allstar

1University of Northern Iowa, USA
2 South Dakota State University, USA

Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (2003) 2, 163-168

ABSTRACT
The purpose was to determine if glutamine supplementation would prevent a loss of lean mass in athletes during a 12-day weight reduction program. It was hypothesized that supplementation would spare lean body mass. Subjects (n=18) exercised and dieted to create a 4186kJ·day-1 energy deficit and a 8372 kJ·day-1 energy deficit on days 1-5, days 6-12, respectively. The glutamine (GLN) group (n=9) ingested 0.35 g·kg-1 body mass of glutamine while a placebo was administered to the remaining subjects. Body mass (BM), lean body mass (LBM) and fat mass (FM), were measured at days 0, 6, and 12. GLN and placebo groups both lost significant amounts of BM, LBM and FM. There were no significant differences between groups. The findings indicate little benefit for retention of lean mass with supplementation of glutamine during a short-term weight reduction program.

allstar

allstar

The Effects of 8 Weeks of Creatine Monohydrate and Glutamine Supplementation on Body Composition and Performance Measures.

Original Article
Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 17(3):425-438, August 2003.
LEHMKUHL, MARK 1; MALONE, MOLLY 2; JUSTICE, BLAKE 2; TRONE, GREG 2; PISTILLI, E D 2; VINCI, DEBRA 2; HAFF, ERIN E. 3; KILGORE, J. LON 3; HAFF, G. GREGORY 3

Abstract:
Twenty-nine (17 men, 12 women) collegiate track and field athletes were randomly divided into a creatine monohydrate (CM, n = 10) group, creatine monohydrate and glutamine (CG, n = 10) group, or placebo (P, n = 9) group. The CM group received 0.3 g creatine[middle dot]kg body mass per day for 1 week, followed by 0.03 g creatine[middle dot]kg body mass per day for 7 weeks. The CG group received the same creatine dosage scheme as the CM group plus 4 g glutamine-day-1. All 3 treatment groups participated in an identical periodized strength and conditioning program during preseason training. Body composition, vertical jump, and cycle performances were tested before (T1) and after (T2) the 8-week supplementation period. Body mass and lean body mass (LBM) increased at a greater rate for the CM and CG groups, compared with the P treatment. Additionally, the CM and CG groups exhibited significantly greater improvement in initial rate of power production, compared with the placebo treatment. These results suggest CM and CG significantly increase body mass, LBM, and initial rate of power production during multiple cycle ergometer bouts.

On the basis of the current literature, it was hypothesized
that the CG treatment would result in
significantly larger anabolic signal as a result of a larger
stimulus by the cellular swelling mechanism (25-27,
64) and result in greater protein synthesis in response
to the strength and conditioning program (2). Unexpectedly,
the CG treatment group did not experience
significantly greater LBM gains, compared with the
CM treatment group.

allstar

allstar

glutamine is pointless^^^^ other than for stomach/intestinal help

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
glutamine is pointless^^^^ other than for stomach/intestinal help

Yep. It's only effective if administered through an IV to people in high catabolic states, which Idk about you, I wouldn't wanna do that everyday :ughnoes: