• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Legitimacy of IFBB Judging - At Least Three Competitors *Should* Place Ahead of Jay

Z

Zoknat

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Written by Muscletime Staff
Saturday, 27 September 2008

Legitimacy of IFBB Judging at Stake - At Least Three Competitors *Should* Place Ahead of Jay Cutler

Several questions have been answered with the conclusion of the prejudging portion of the 2008 Mr. Olympia. The most pressing question was whether or not one of the Olympia challengers would be able to end Jay Cutler's continued reign as Mr. Olympia. Just like last year at the 2007 Mr. Olympia, no less than three competitors should place ahead of Jay Cutler!

Jay Cutler is in better condition than last year but failed to bring a physique of the requisite caliber to overtake the much improved Phil Heath, Dexter Jackson and Dennis Wolf. Any one of these competitors deserves to end Jay Cutler's Olympia streak at two. All of them should place ahead of Cutler. If one of these challengers does NOT win the 2008 Mr. Olympia, the credibility and legitimacy of IFBB judging will be irreparably damaged.

Phil Heath is the clear winner of the 2008 Mr. Olympia after prejudging on Friday night. You would not believe how many people told Phil Heath as much backstage; this is particularly telling since backstage access was highly restricted to contest officials and bodybuilding insiders. There could be some reasonable justifications for declaring Dexter Jackson or Dennis Wolf as the new Mr. Olympia ahead of Phil Heath; we would be forgiving of such judging discretion due to the fact that they were 50 feet from the stage. But under no circumstances does Jay Cutler deserve to win the 2008 Mr. Olympia if judging in the sport of bodybuilding is anything but farcical.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gotta say I agree. This could be the night the Olympia loses credibility or maintains it.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They're right, it'd be a huge step in the wrong direction to crown Cutler.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
isn't there an article like this every year?

Even so i like the cut of their jib.

go go phil !

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If they were smart, they'd crown Phil.

1) He deserves the win
2) He has the physique the average person can look at and admire
3) He's such a classy guy, great personality, would be a great representative.

Zviko

Zviko

I think dex deserves the win he looks better than phil to me

Z

Zoknat

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

1) He deserves the win

I totally agree here, he would be the most fitting person from all the contenders for the title .

anaboliod

anaboliod

1) He deserves the win

phil will have his reign, but right now his posing needs work and although his chest and arms are immaculate he still doesn't have as much mass as dex wolf or freeman who think should all place above him. I wish classiness was in the handbook for the judges but unfortunately its not, nonetheelss if jay wins the credibility of the judging is fucked!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
phil will have his reign, but right now his posing needs work and although his chest and arms are immaculate he still doesn't have as much mass as dex wolf or freeman who think should all place above him. I wish classiness was in the handbook for the judges but unfortunately its not, nonetheelss if jay wins the credibility of the judging is fucked!

Fair points. I don't think he's far off though, and look how lean he is. I think in bodybuilding, when people are close, the leaner one should get the nod.

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

1) He deserves the win

:xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Totally agree. I would love to see Phil winning the sandow, i would accept dex (or wolf if he gts rid of water for tonight) as winner above Phil but Jay winning is just ridiculous.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They're right, it'd be a huge step in the wrong direction to crown Cutler.

Then the direction has been wrong atleast few years.Its either jay wins or land on 5th to 6th place.Then the judging is fucked up if Jay takes 2th or 3th.

M

Maniak1027

How can you say that Dex outmasses Phil.....that's insane.......
1.Dex lies about his weight.
2.Dex even at his B.S. weight is still less than Phil
3.Dex is shorter than Phil
4.Just LOOK at pics.....phile out masses DEX very easily.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

1) He deserves the win

you are so right

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great read!! and very true to every detail :tipaht:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP

1) He deserves the win
4) He posts here. :hsughr:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil and Dex are two great bodybuilders and I think either one of them would make a great Mr. Olympia. The only reason I give the nod to Dex is (and the only reason!) because he appears to be a little more dense imo. Something that can only come with muscle maturity, hence, time.

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
4) He posts here. :hsughr:

Valid argument Line.....:xyxthumbs:

I agree... If Jay wins the credibility of the IFBB judging will fall to shit. They need to crown a new Mr O based off what Ive seen from the pre-judging pics and if they fail to do so im sure heads are going to fly. I love Jay and Im a huge fan but he does not deserve to win this year.... Kinda makes me sad cause if he doesnt change some things i dont see him winning again. You have Victor who is damn near just as massive WITH conditioning and Phil who is making great strides everyday. Im starting to think Jays time is running out but i hope im wrong.....:tear:

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

i told all my friends this mr o is the mark of the end of simply size rules all

im not saying size doesnt matter but this contest (all contests) shouldnt be the biggest takes home thr prize

but this mr o may also be the end of bodybuilding if they give jay that sandow.

phil heath would be the ideal representative for the sport (or dex...i guess >.> hahah)
this sport needs a new spark since arnie and phil definitley seems the consistent package bringer that the mr o needs.