• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

STEVE STONE R.I.P.

P

Pain

VIP
Remembering Steve Stone: A Tribute to a Bodybuilding Legend

In the world of bodybuilding, certain individuals leave an indelible mark. One such figure was Steve Stone, whose untimely passing on September 26, 2008, sent shockwaves through the bodybuilding community. In this tribute, we honor the life and legacy of Steve Stone, Chief Expeditor of the Olympia Weekend.

The Tragic Loss

On that fateful day, during the prejudging section of the women's competition, Steve Stone collapsed, leaving all in attendance in disbelief. The cause of his sudden demise was identified as a pulmonary embolism. At just 51 years old, Steve had been a pivotal part of the Olympia Weekend since 2004, and his contributions extended to all major NPC shows dating back to the early 1990s.

A Bodybuilder at Heart

Steve Stone wasn't just an administrator; he was a bodybuilder through and through. He was held in high regard by athletes, officials, and the press alike. His journey in bodybuilding began in the late '80s, and his crowning achievement was winning the light heavyweight division at the 1989 North American Championships. Throughout the '90s, he co-hosted the long-running bodybuilding program "MuscleSport USA" alongside Tom Terwilliger on Fox Sports.

A Moment of Remembrance

Tonight, we recall the memory of Steve Stone as NPC New York Chairman Steve Weinberger asks the Friday night crowd for a minute's silence in his honor. Having known Steve since 1992, it is clear to all who met him that he was as down-to-earth as they come. As the shadow of his loss looms over the Olympia, we can almost hear him saying, "The show must go on." And indeed, it will, but not without the deep sense of loss he left behind.

Condolences to the Family

On behalf of the entire bodybuilding community, we extend our heartfelt condolences to Steve's wife, Andrea, who is an IFBB and NPC statistician, and the entire Stone family. The impact of Steve Stone's presence in the bodybuilding world is immeasurable, and his memory will continue to inspire generations of bodybuilders to come.

As we reflect on the life of Steve Stone, let us remember the passion, dedication, and camaraderie he brought to the sport of bodybuilding. His legacy will forever remain an integral part of this vibrant community.

In conclusion, Steve Stone's passing was a profound loss to the bodybuilding world. This tribute serves as a testament to his enduring legacy and the indomitable spirit that continues to drive the sport forward.

In truly tragic circumstances Steve Stone, Chief Expeditor of the Olympia Weekend, collapsed and died today during the prejudging section of the women's competition. The cause of death was pulmonary embolism.
[/quote]

RIP Steve Stone

I guess the women were just too hot to handle.

R.I.P. :tear:

Last edited by a moderator:
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is that why the show was so delayed?

RIP.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow... die meanwhile you are working it's too sad.