• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bulking Up! Need help

grandmaster

grandmaster

Hi

I just bought a Mass Builder Meal Replacement for hardgainers/

It has 175g carbohydrates and 46g protein with 3g fat

i also have a protein shake with 53g protein and 32 carbs

So i want to add mass on me and size but not get fat.

How should i take these supplements and when , i gym in the afternoons...

3-4 and then 5:30 is supper.

help me

gmaster

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What does your current diet look like for your bulk? With that info we can look and see where to add in the shakes..

NOTE: I am not an advocate of shakes of any kind.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Yeh we need to see what your current bulk diet looks like now. And if you dont want to get fat on your bulk, i advise you to not get the conventional mass gain/meal replacement drinks for hardgainers because most of the carbohydrate sources come from fructose (sugar) and that can be stored as fat very quickly, unless u have a very fast metabolism??

grandmaster

grandmaster

My metabolism is really fast.

I stay in a boarding school so i have 3 meals a day.

Breakfast - cereal , baked beans , pancakes , eggs , mince

Lunch -

hot dogs plus chips
1/4 chicken plus 4 slices bread plus potatoes
small pita bread filled with chicken

Theres just so much and i dont know how much protein and carbs i have a day so thats a problem. All i want to do is know whether having 175g carbs in one protein shake will be good for me? Im using USN Fast Grow Mass

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's all sugar dude. You'd be much, much better making your own "weight gainer" shake using the following.

2 scoops whey protein.
1 cup uncooked oatmeal.
Maybe a bananna, berries.
Blend it all up...

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First, around 30% of a gainer's carbs come from sugars. Not just sugars as in sucrose (not fructose. Fructose = fruit sugar), rather maltodextrin because it's a sweet additive. This is much more significant. Polysachharide of glucose, meaning when you take the drink, you're going to illicit an insulin spike which if done frequently throughout the day causes you to become insulin resistant and less insulin sensitive- not good!

hot dogs plus chips
1/4 chicken plus 4 slices bread plus potatoes
small pita bread filled with chicken

Theres just so much and i dont know how much protein and carbs i have a day so thats a problem. All i want to do is know whether having 175g carbs in one protein shake will be good for me? Im using USN Fast Grow Mass

Here's MY bulking primer I wrote up for some in a different thread a while back. Read and apply :xyxthumbs:

First, before anything, take BF measurements as of now. Which you have. Make sure they are accurate, using different sitings. If you do not set a bodyfat goal you focus too much on the number and gain fat in order to reach your goal.

Track what you eat for the next 5-7 days...so your current diet. Track all macronutrients. From here on out, increase your total caloric intake by 500-600/day. This is your target caloric intake for the bulk.

Protein should be kept at 1g/lb of bodyweight. There abouts are fine.

Carbs should make up 50-60% your total dietry, and 20-30% should be fat. The specific of carbs are simple. In the morning and post workout should be the only times for simple carbs. The entire day should be complex carbs. This will keep insulin sensitivity high and blood glucose levels steady.

Try to consume 1g of water/day. That's all you need, the majority of the water you consume comes from food.

Recommended carb sources on a bulk:

Anything whole grain, so: whole grain pasta's, pancakes, waffles, oats, granola, breads, etc. Sweet potatoes and fruits occasionally. Fibrous carbs (veges) should be sprinkled in there as well.

Simple carb sources for post workout and/or morning:

White bread (75-100g of it), straight dextrose, larger portions of fruit, waxy maize, banana. You want glucose and maltodextrin post workout or a high enough fructose rating that it will raise blood glucose levels and release insulin - glycemic load...look it up.

Fat sources on the bulk:

Keep fat primarily unsaturated. If you're a hardgainer you can throw in some saturated or "dirt" by easy with it. The majority of your SATURATED fat intake should come from byproducts of your red meats, carbs, etc.

~so, your oils, nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts, etc.), butters (peanut butter and almond), etc.

Protein sources:

Fishes (tuna, salmon, tilapia, flounder, etc.), steaks, ground beef, burgers, chicken, turkey, ham, eggs, egg whites and the list goes on.

...these are your complete protein sources. Meaning, they carry all of the essential amino acids for muscle growth and repair. Incomplete sources come as byproducts of carbs and your grains.

Supplements...a nice stack would be a whey protein, creatine, fish oil, BCAA's, and a multivitamin. Of course you could add a gainer shake, an NO product but those aren't essential.

Good luck, and I hope you read every bit of this and take it into account. This should get you going bro.

Any more info you need PM me and I'll help ya out

big barry

big barry

They are called supplements for a reason , they supplement your diet. You have asked a completely opened question, its like asking how long is a piece of string ??.

What EXACTLY do you wish to achieve?

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeh we need to see what your current bulk diet looks like now. And if you dont want to get fat on your bulk, i advise you to not get the conventional mass gain/meal replacement drinks for hardgainers because most of the carbohydrate sources come from fructose (sugar) and that can be stored as fat very quickly, unless u have a very fast metabolism??

boom

bizarro306

bizarro306

not a shake fan ether but if your in a time crunch it helps.... or fix all your meals ahead of time an schedule better.............. whole foods IS the way to go!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's all sugar dude. You'd be much, much better making your own "weight gainer" shake using the following.

2 scoops whey protein.
1 cup uncooked oatmeal.
Maybe a bananna, berries.
Blend it all up...
That wouldn't be a weight gainer that's only about 600 calories.

:xmasbigok:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Add some Icecream :spy:
:thumbsdown:

-16 oz. whole milk (300)
-2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (220)
-2 scoops whey protein (260)
-1 cup oats (300)
-1 banana (100)

= Roughly 1,200 calories

:hello:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mine is a bit much..

- 2 scoops whey protein
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup granola
- 3 tbspn peanut butter
- 2 scoops Ben & Jerry's Phish Food
- 1/2 banana
- 8 oz. milk
- water, ice cubes.

1800 kcals.

Powerlifter MB

Powerlifter MB

^ That's beast. Take your gainer in the morning and PWO. Food is the best gainer. Figure out your macros bro.