• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Start of clean bulk!!!

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Starting next week I'm going into a longer clean bulking phase...goal is to reach 200-205lbs while keeping my body fat below 12-14%.

Current Stats:
5'9
185lbs
10% BF roughly

I'll try to get some new pics taken and possibly posted before I start to keep track of progress. Any thoughts or recommended additions to my plan of attack are welcome :D dunno if I should put healthy fats in with every meal or just do a larger quantity with fewer meals....plus I'll compensate for steak meals etc when i have them

I'll try to keep my training log updated!

MEAL PLAN

MACRONUTRIENTS
PROTEIN 300g, 1,200 CALORIES
CARBS 365g, 1,460CALORIES
FATS 60g, 540 CALORIES

TOTAL 3,200 CALORIES STARTING
TOTAL 3,600 CALORIES GOAL ENDING

7 MEALS DAY

MEAL 1- 70g CARBS, 45g PROTEIN, 10g HEALTHY FATS

MEAL 2- 70g CARBS, 45g PROTEIN, 10g HEALTHY FATS

MEAL 3- 70g CARBS, 45g PROTEIN, 10g HEALTHY FATS

MEAL 4- 70g CARBS, 45g PROTEIN, 10g HEALTHY FATS

MEAL 5 POST WORKOUT- 75g CARBS, 45g PROTEIN

MEAL 6- 45g PROTEIN, 10g HEALTHY FATS

MEAL 7- 45g PROTEIN, 10g HEALTHY FATS

WEIGHT SCHEDULE 2 ON 1 OFF

DAY 1- CHEST, BICEPS
DAY 2- LEGS, CALVES
DAY 3- OFF
DAY 4- BACK, ABS
DAY 5- SHOULDERS, TRICEPS
DAY 6- OFF
DAY 7- SQUATS, BACK WIDTH, CALVES
REPEAT

CARDIO 2-3 TIMES A WEEK FOR LIGHT 20 MINUTES

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If any of you are wondering the reason for Day 7 its because I still need to bring up my legs and overall back width.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what kinds of foods are you gonna be eating? and how do you know youll be getting that specific amount of carbs protein etc, or are you for each meal gonna eat a bunch of different shit to achieve your carbs, protein, fats goal?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll be pre cooking my meals....have a food scale etc at home. I didnt post exact foods cause ya i will be getting variety in there.

As far as food sources it will look something like this:

Carb sources: Oats, brown rice, yams, potatoes, some white rice and bread post workout, whole wheat pastas, granola

Protein sources: lean steak, chicken, turkey, eggs, whey, occasional wild game meat

Fats: omegas, olive oil, PB and some variety of nuts... not to mention the fats in the steak etc

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Started yesterday....
Meal 1- 1 cup oats, 2 slices flax bread, protein shake

Meal 2- 1 cup brown rice, 8oz lean beef

Meal 3- 1 cup brown rice, 8oz ground turkey

Meal 4- 8oz Wholewheat pasta with meatsauce

Meal 5- Whey shake with 75g Dextrose

Meal 6- 8oz ground chicken w salsa

Meal 7- Whey shake, 2 TBSP PB

*Edit forgot to post green beans with every rice meal

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks solid man,if there is one think you could change is meal 7,imo egg whites is better than a shake,but good plan anyway

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for checking it out dude....i was thinking maybe doing that recipe with egg whites, oats and a little whey powder as my last meal (blended together than cooked). Or should i stay clear of all carbs for the last 2 meals?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
great work Beau! best of luck with it all

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for checking it out dude....i was thinking maybe doing that recipe with egg whites, oats and a little whey powder as my last meal (blended together than cooked). Or should i stay clear of all carbs for the last 2 meals?

depends on your metabolism,since you are bulking i wouldn't mind,see how your body responds and if its getting out hand stop eating them on the last 2 meals

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Today so far....
Meal 1- 1 cup shredded Potatoes, 1.5 cup egg whites, 2 slices flax bread
Meal 2- 1 cup brown rice, 8oz ground turkey
Meal 3- 8oz WW pasta, 8oz ground turkey
Meal 4- 1 cup oats w some splenda/honey, 8oz lean beef
Meal 5- Whey shake with 75g dextrose and 10g BCAA's
Meal 6- 2 extra lean burger patties, green salad
Meal 7- 1 cup cottage cheese, 2tbsp PB

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
depends on your metabolism,since you are bulking i wouldn't mind,see how your body responds and if its getting out hand stop eating them on the last 2 meals

Ya I'm more than likely gonna try adding some carbs in and see how I respond....having trouble getting all the carbs in 5 meals

allstar

allstar

I know some may disagree but for you macro totals i think they should be around:
Protein:185g
Carbs:370g-400g
Fats:92.5g
Because the more carbs you have the less protein you will need, because carbs are protein sparing,leaving the protein to be only used for repairing muscles.

AS for the fats, try to take in the majority of your fats toward the end of the night

allstar

allstar

Also with the carbs make breakfast and PWO your biggest time to take them in both being 25% of your daily carb alotment , while having pre workout be 20% of your daily carbs.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Meal 1- whey shake, 75g potatoes
Meal 2- Can tuna made into tuna salad, 1 cup rice
Meal 3- 8oz chicken breast, 1 cup rice, 2 slices flax bread
Meal 4- 8oz extra lean beef, 6oz ww pasta
Meal 5- Whey shake with 75g dextrose and 10g BCAA's
Meal 6- 8oz chicken, Asparagus
Meal 7- Whey shake (lazy lol) 2 tbsp PB

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had to buy some digestive enzymes already (3 days in) as my body was having trouble digesting carbs mainly rice...always felt bloated. Hunger is there but ya the bloating was getting annoying, the enzymes seem to have helped.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had to buy some digestive enzymes already (3 days in) as my body was having trouble digesting carbs mainly rice...always felt bloated. Hunger is there but ya the bloating was getting annoying, the enzymes seem to have helped.
if you fell bloated then switch to white rice, brown rice is hard to digest :xyxthumbs:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sup man. Couple things that I hope will help ya out:

Although your protein intake may feel it's working, it's wasteful and is most likely working as a placebo. Over 1g/lb of bodyweight or even 1g/kg of bodyweight will disuse the protein and convert it to glucose and will be used when ATP demands are present, or will be stored as BF (aerobic or anaerobic pending). Not every gram of protein you take take is used for cell girth and repair, which is the reason for restrictions.

And this is why on a bulk, we can take in the carbs we do. Carbs are protein sparing. So, I'd center your carb intake around morning, pre and post workout through: (20% morning, 20% pre workout, 25% post workout). That said, I'd increase carbs around those areas by 10-15%.

Furthermore, I'd illicit an insulin spike in the morning. Not necessarily dextrose, but simple sugars with a high enough GL to heighten BG levels. By doing this you will synthesize glycogen for the day...which is good!

That's all. Hope this helps you out, if not then that's fine too. Good luck!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Although your protein intake may feel it's working, it's wasteful and is most likely working as a placebo. Over 1g/lb of bodyweight or even 1g/kg of bodyweight will disuse the protein and convert it to glucose and will be used when ATP demands are present, or will be stored as BF (aerobic or anaerobic pending). Not every gram of protein you take take is used for cell girth and repair, which is the reason for restrictions.

Great points but I just thought I would interject with you on this certain point.
Amino acids interact with glucose metabolism both as carbon substrates and by recycling glucose carbon via alanine and glutamine; however, the effect of protein intake on glucose homeostasis during weight loss remains unknown. However, it is known that you will not get direct weight gain from protein intake. Yes calories are calories, but to eat enough protein to gain wait is not going to happen. Also, the breakdown of amino acids into glucose is Gluconeogenesis which requires energy. Your body will avoid this unless in states of starvation or extremely low blood glucose levels to be energy efficient.