• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Help me out?

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm in my senior year of high school and have to survey 50 people who go to the gym, so I'm asking for your help to just answer these 5 simple questions. Responses are hugely appreciated.

Please keep it serious. :ughnoes:

1. Would you find someone else's sweat on a piece of gym equipment you want to use a problem?

2. Why do you feel this is an issue? If you don't, why doesn't it bother you?

3. How often have you encountered a situation where someone else's sweat has been left on the equipment when you go to use it?

4. Two parts:

As a gym member, would you be willing to purchase a product that solves this problem?

Pretend you are a gym owner. Would you be interested in a purchasing a product for the members that solves this issue of sweat on equipment?

5. In both of the above cases, how much money would you be willing to spend for a solution to this issue?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm in my senior year of high school and have to survey 50 people who go to the gym, so I'm asking for your help to just answer these 5 simple questions. Responses are hugely appreciated.

1. Would you find someone else's sweat on a piece of gym equipment you want to use a problem?
If it is excessive or actually wet then yes, I will wipe it down.

Bacteria, MRSA, etc

3. How often have you encountered a situation where someone else's sweat has been left on the equipment when you go to use it?
once or twice every workout depending on the time.

4. Two parts:

As a gym member, would you be willing to purchase a product that solves this problem?
No, the gym provides spray bottles and paper towels

Pretend you are a gym owner. Would you be interested in a purchasing a product for the members that solves this issue of sweat on equipment?
Yes

5. In both of the above cases, how much money would you be willing to spend for a solution to this issue?
Nothing excessive, as long as it is cost efficient due to the problem at my gym

:tiphat:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
1. Yes
2. Its disgusting to sit in someone else's sweat
3. Far to often since people dont care to clean their shit up after them at my gym
4. I dont know its quickly fixed with som paper at my gym atleast
5. Not very much

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
A spot isn't too bad. A puddle is an issue.

Bacteria and comfort. Though a small amount doesn't bother me at all seeing how I'm sweating already and shower immediately after returning home.

A few times a day. It's not usually an issue though.

4. Two parts:

No, it's the gym's responsibility to provide towels and/or other solutions.

Yes.

This depends on a few issues. If the product operated independently I would naturally be willing to pay more for it whereas if it needed an employee for it to work I'd pay less. There's also the issue of how long the product solves the problem after one usage.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Line said:
A spot isn't too bad. A puddle is an issue.
that's it

It's just a matter of basic hygiene. But what annoy me the most is how people don't care about this (or don't put back weights, dbs...but that's other issue)

Almost every workout.

4. Two parts:

Huh, not really. I don't know how's it in the US, but every gym i've been a member of here in Spain have a rule: "mandatory use of a towel when using benches and machines", so that's the "product" i buy to solve that problem. Anyway gym owners/workers ussually overlook that rule.
Thay also use to have paper towels to clean things up.

Yes.

It's a bussiness so i'd study cost/benefit ratio.

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
although i don't go to the gym anymore but i'll answer your questions depending on the days that i used to go to the gym .

1. yes.
2.fear from germs and diseases.
3.every now and then.
4.no - yes.
5.i'd pay but Nothing excessive.

best of luck bro.

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

not a major problem, just a minor nuisance

it just doesnt too much. i jst wipe it off or grab a paper towel

occasionally

4. Two parts:

no, waste of money

no. i would enforce gym rules?

nadah

P

power

Yes i would.

Because of germs

Not often

4. Two parts:

Maybe

As a gym owner yes

$20 for myself

As agym owner, i would spend as much as my buget allowed for, i thing it would be attractive for buisness.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks a ton to everyone that has responded. Still looking for more, however, so please post a response if you haven't already.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

1. Would you find someone else's sweat on a piece of gym equipment you want to use a problem?[/quote]

It would be discouraging.

It's a respect issue more than anything. Obviously I'm likely to sweat in the gym, but it's just inconsiderate.

Not often, possibly less than a dozen times.

4. Two parts:

A towel? :ughnoes: Other than that, no, I wouldn't buy anything.

I wouldn't buy any "special" equipment, no.

5. In both of the above cases, how much money would you be willing to spend for a solution to this issue?[/QUOTE]

Whatever towels cost.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
1. Would you find someone else's sweat on a piece of gym equipment you want to use a problem?I do find it disconserting if theres sweat on gym equipment, but im usually laying/sitting on a towel, so despite the fact that i dont like it... it doesnt really cause a problem

Its an issue because it shows how little gym members care about everyone else int he gym

Not very often, theres a fairly strict policy about using towels on all equipement, or wiping equipment you've just used

4. Two parts:

As a gym member, would you be willing to purchase a product that solves this problem?i use a towel... so i dont think i need to buy anything else, there are also paper towel dispensers scattered around the gym and alcohol spray

I dopnt think there would be much more than the paper towels and the alcohol spray that would be worth the money

5. In both of the above cases, how much money would you be willing to spend for a solution to this issue?as little as possible to solve the problem

hope this is of use Arcane :xyxthumbs:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1. yes unless its not much
2. the smell, dont like other people sweat on me
3. everyday
4. No, yes
5. cheapest spary bottle and paper towels like most gyms

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks everyone, you've been a huge help.

I believe I repped everyone that responded.