• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Can Jay reclaim his title?

Will Jay reclaim the throne in 2009?

• No chance in hell. Dex, Phil, Vic and Co. all have him beat.

Votes: 33 56.9%
  • Yes, Jay will come back and whoop some ass.

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just curious what other members think.

:wutyousay:

The recent influx of pre-contest pics seem to indicate Jay was on target, but fucked up again. It also seems apparent that the general consensus is Jay would have won it he showed up in prejudging like he did in the finals....

Well, does Jay have a shot in 2009? Or has the sun set on the day of the mass monsters?

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes jay very well cann but he has to bring more intensity with him to the gym, if he did that he might have beat ronnie coleman earlier now i say might cause quite frankly ronnie coleman is a beast and he is and always will be "The King"

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would say its to early to say when theres a year still to go till the next Mr O show.
but i would say it might be harder then before to regain it, with some big upcoming names hungry for it aswel

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
theres no way honestly, we all know heath look better than both dex and jay, and hes only gonna improve next year hes taking the olympia whether we like it or not, theres no way jay and the drive and determination heath does, the sun has set for the mass monsters.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
its very possible... but highly unlikely if phil and wolf continue to make improvements, and if kai dex and vic come in their usual form.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would say its to early to say when theres a year still to go till the next Mr O show.
but i would say it might be harder then before to regain it, with some big upcoming names hungry for it aswel
i agree with you bro :xyxthumbs:

Cutsjr

Cutsjr

A lot of tough competition coming. He would have to come in spot on flawless to regain the title. I see Phil, Vic, and Dennis as his main threats!!!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I think there's a chance that if he dials it in next year he might... but I hope this isn't the case as it will be a step back for bodybuilding's future. They've finally rewarded aesthetic size over pure bulk after talking about it for years.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No, he was lucky to get the one but handed the second. I think his luck has run out and the best of Jay is behind him. Although he does not have the proportion of problems as Ronnie he still is not going to be able to fix his asymmetries either. Top competitor yes, and if others slack then I can see him possibly fighting for the crown. I am just glad his short dominance is over.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no way in hell. the IFBB has finally taken a step in the right direction and they're not about to take 5 steps back awarding such an unappealing blocky dissproportionate physique the crown.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

d.capodiferro

of course and shouldn't have ever lost it, too.
please, can you put me in team cutler? great champion

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no chance in hell.. he should have never been the Mr.O to begin with..

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no way in hell. the IFBB has finally taken a step in the right direction and they're not about to take 5 steps back awarding such an unappealing blocky dissproportionate physique the crown.

wow, I actually agree with you.. :hhj:

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no,cutler has seen his better days.His body is burned out from the years of abuse and trying to catch up ronnie in the size department.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nah, he'd have to bring up his legs, fix his asymmetry issues, and duplicate his 01 condition, which is at this point is highly unlikely he can ever do again.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well hes still young enough but his recent showings aren't helping his cause....I honestly don't know if we've seen the best Jay Cutler or if its still to come.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well hes still young enough but his recent showings aren't helping his cause....I honestly don't know if we've seen the best Jay Cutler or if its still to come.

We have already seen it.

mjappe

mjappe

Nope

Phil, Kai and Wolf - that's where the battle will stand...I hope....:)

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wolf didn't make any real improvements over last year....Makes you wonder if hes almost hit his potential since he took a whole year off and didn't really bring up his weak body parts.

I see Phil, Vic, Kai being the biggest threats for the next few years anyways. Every time we see these guys they improve.