• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big-Z's Log

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright, I will be updating this log daily with a new post along with a date.
this will help me and allow the Musclemecca members to ..hopefully help with advice and such into eating better. My main goal is to attempt at 200g of protein a day, main goal being weight loss and protein intake.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So why is your main goal protein intake and at 200g? Are you getting ready for a competition? Fill us in with your current stats and training as well, that would be helpful. Also, it would be good to list your amount of Carbohydrate and Fat intake as well. If you tell us your goals we can help you mold your diet accordingly.

Good luck and hope we can help :tiphat:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Weds, Oct 8th 2008

Meal 1: Nutri-Grain Bar and Nature Valley Bar (Honey and Oat Flavor)
Meal 2: 2x Nature Valley Bars (Honey and Oats)
Meal 3: Nutri-Grain Bar, 80g Whey Protein Shake (Pre-Workout)
Meal 4: 100g Whey Protein shake (During Workout)
Meal 5: 45g Whey Protein shake, Small canned Tuna, Clam Chowder
Meal 6: 3 scrambled eggs and 45g Whey Protein shake

Then bed in 1 hour with 40g Casien Protein Shake.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow, I don't know how your survive on just some nature valley or nutrigain bars :ughnoes:
Are you doing this because of money constraints? I would take in unprocessed natural sources of carbohydrates: oats, rice, potatoes/yams, etc And make sure you get some protein in your first meal as well. :tiphat:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So why is your main goal protein intake and at 200g? Are you getting ready for a competition? Fill us in with your current stats and training as well, that would be helpful. Also, it would be good to list your amount of Carbohydrate and Fat intake as well. If you tell us your goals we can help you mold your diet accordingly.

Good luck and hope we can help :tiphat:

My training log can be found here.

I do power training. I train weights on Mon. Weds. and Friday.
for the past week my carb intake has been about 1500-2000 carbs a day
fat intake im not entirely sure.

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 331 lbs.

My absolute main goal is weight loss, I am currently 331 lbs. I need to lose about 40-60lbs.

I currently do not compete in power lifting or bodybuilding. I'm still in the development stages of workouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh ok , I found your log right after my post.
Do you mean 1500-2000 calories from CHO's a day? If your goal is weight loss I would lower your calorie intake because on top of your protein intake your around ~2800 calories a day. I would start around ~2000 a day and see how that works for you. Since you do not know your BMR you will have to gauge how many calories you burn throughout the day and that would be a good place to start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea i meant calories....wow that would be alot of carbs.
see how new i am at this =P

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Weds, Oct 8th 2008

Meal 1: Nutri-Grain Bar and Nature Valley Bar (Honey and Oat Flavor)
Meal 2: 2x Nature Valley Bars (Honey and Oats)
Meal 3: Nutri-Grain Bar, 80g Whey Protein Shake (Pre-Workout)
Meal 4: 100g Whey Protein shake (During Workout)
Meal 5: 45g Whey Protein shake, Small canned Tuna, Clam Chowder
Meal 6: 3 scrambled eggs and 45g Whey Protein shake

Then bed in 1 hour with 40g Casien Protein Shake.

no offense but your diet is really bad man,what happened to real food?stop taking all this shakes because you are waisting your money and stressing your self for no reason.
80 grams whey followed by 100 grams of whey and then 45 and so on...there is no way your body absorbs all that protein,get your self some solid food if you want to see results

just my 2 cents

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no offense but your diet is really bad man,what happened to real food?stop taking all this shakes because you are waisting your money and stressing your self for no reason.
80 grams whey followed by 100 grams of whey and then 45 and so on...there is no way your body absorbs all that protein,get your self some solid food if you want to see results

just my 2 cents

Yea I figured that, but I was still gaining in mass and strength, I haven't trained since may of 06 then restarted recent Sept, and even on this....flimsy diet I have jumped back about where I was last. maybe i dunno but irregardless I am going to start tommrow eating more solid food... i'll stick with the shakes though I got to finish off all this Nitro Tech ... ridiculous how much I have.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thursday, October 9th 2008

Breakfast/Meal 1: Three Scrambled Eggs, Threes slices of lean smoked ham, and a 1/2 cup of salted peanuts.

Meal 2: Ham @ Mayo Sandwich with a 1/2 cup peanuts.

Lunch/Meal 3: three slices of chopped ham and a Nutrigrain bar and a 80g Whey Protein shake.

Meal 4: 3 slices of smoked ham, 1/2 cup of oats and a raisin granola bar.

Meal 5: 4 scrambled eggs, a cup of cooked rice with a 45g Casein Shake.

took advice of... Alex and Braaq and introduced more solid food into my system like the meats and eggs with some carbs like oats, peanuts and rice.
Got a training day tommorow im going to hit the lats and the lower back.

Thanks to Alex and Braaq for the meals advice.. I tried to enter a 6th meal but.. cramped schedule today.

P.S. what would be ideal for a pre-workout meal, high protein or carb?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

complex carbs like oats,easy and cheap my favorite before training.other than that you dont need protein shakes along with your food.

meal number 1: 6-8 egg whites and a 1/2 cup of oats

Meal 2: Ham @ Mayo Sandwich with a 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts.

Lunch/Meal 3: chicken or fish or lean steak with brown rice or whole grain pasta

Meal 4: casein shake ,1 cup of oats.(pre workout)

after workout 30 grams of whey and a banana

Meal 5: 6-8 scrambled eggs or chicken or fish or lean steak and a cup of cooked brown rice

i fixed your diet a little bit,it can get allot better than that but its a start...
avoid processed foods like salted/cooked peanuts smoked pork,also 3 eggs is very small quantity for 300+ pounds guy like you,i eat 6 egg whites and i weigh 150 pounds

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

complex carbs like oats,easy and cheap my favorite before training.other than that you dont need protein shakes along with your food.

meal number 1: 6-8 egg whites and a 1/2 cup of oats

Meal 2: Ham @ Mayo Sandwich with a 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts.

Lunch/Meal 3: chicken or fish or lean steak with brown rice or whole grain pasta

Meal 4: casein shake ,1 cup of oats.(pre workout)

after workout 30 grams of whey and a banana

Meal 5: 6-8 scrambled eggs or chicken or fish or lean steak and a cup of cooked brown rice

i fixed your diet a little bit,it can get allot better than that but its a start...
avoid processed foods like salted/cooked peanuts smoked pork,also 3 eggs is very small quantity for 300+ pounds guy like you,i eat 6 egg whites and i weigh 150 pounds

alright I'll try this tommrow and see the results in the back workout tommrow. goal is to do 405 for an easy 12 on last set ...well not easy but if I do it all...nvm, thanks again Alex.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im still stuck in the powerlifting diet mentality where i would comsume about 300-450 grams of protien a day for strength gains which is why alot of the top Powerlifters are fat guys lol, strong but fat.. so I still gotta work my way out of that.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^you re welcome man.keep your money for the real food and not for the powders.If powders worked so good as the companies claim then we would all be like king kong now,you train at the gym but you build in the kitchen

real food > supplements any time any day

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im still stuck in the powerlifting diet mentality where i would comsume about 300-450 grams of protien a day for strength gains which is why alot of the top Powerlifters are fat guys lol, strong but fat.. so I still gotta work my way out of that.

one more reason to stick with real food,your strength will rise as you eat good amount of solid foods not powders

and the champ marius pusdzianovsky sorry for the spelling is ripped not fat

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Deleted..double post

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
one more reason to stick with real food,your strength will rise as you eat good amount of solid foods not powders

and the champ marius pusdzianovsky sorry for the spelling is ripped not fat

He's like the idealistic powerlifter they al achieve to look like him.. go to umm Powerlifting USA they are an awesome example.. the super heavy weight have the abilty to squat about 1,200 lbs. but themselves weigh about a 330 plus, they can only do it once without going out of breathe and having a heart attack.

And Fodo is about the only thing I spend money on I have like 12 tubs of Nitro Tech compliments Muscle Tech for QA study on prototype products. I got a closet full of Muscle Tech Supplments .. so just vitamins, minerals and food on the shopping list for me.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oct 10th 2008, Friday.
Alright tried to include more easy protein foods.

Meal 1: 8 scrambled egg whites, 3 oz. Ham slice.

Meal 2: 2oz pork sausage, oatmeal bar.

Meal 3: (Pre-workout) 6 scrambled egg whites, cup of oats and 5 shelled peanuts.

Meal 4: (During Workout) Canned tuna and 45 gwhey protein shake.

Meal 5: 5 scrambled egg whites, 5oz of tuna.

Meal 6: 10oz of mackrel, cup of rice, 1/2 cup of oats.

I think i'm improving, was going to have something other than canned tuna and whey shake for meal 4 but workout took long time and had to jog to the nearby store and buy canned tuna.

But have attempted to get in some meat on every meal and introduced egg whites into my diet hell bought 20 dozen eggs today I think i burn through a dozen a day or at least 10.

L

lorri_01

if it was me id swap the ham and sasauge for chicken/turkey breast less fat and more protein :)