• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

questions about a compound

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arginine alpha keto glutarate 2:1??

Anyone had experience with this and would be kind enough to elaborate the uses and advantages please? k thanx:xyxthumbs:

allstar

allstar

AAKG acts to stimulate the production of nitric oxide in your body. Nitric oxide acts as your body's master "cell-signalling" molecule, directing and ordering a complex array of activities. It regulates blood flow, muscle contraction, nerve signalling and muscle growth, to name just a few [3]. The functions of this molecule are very impressive. However, you can't just go out and buy nitric oxide (known also as NO). Instead, you use Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, which is a natural, non-drug method of creating NO in the human body. Arginine has been shown to increase NO production in blood vessels, where it widens their diameter, increasing blood flow without elevating blood pressure.

Wider blood vessels carry more blood to muscles and tissues, delivering increased amounts of protein, carbohydrate and the various anabolic hormones (such as growth hormone and testosterone) needed for muscle growth. When nitric oxide is present in the muscles, it activates “gene-expression” and turns on the body's muscle-building mechanism (commonly called protein synthesis).

Plain arginine supplements (or even red meat, which is rich in arginine) won't produce the same results. For a supplement to be effective at boosting nitric oxide levels continuously, it needs to have some kind of extended-release delivery system. This is achieved by combining Arginine with Alpha-Ketoglutarate. Taking plain arginine to raise nitric oxide levels is a bit like trying to extinguish the fire in a blazing building with a cup of water. It won't work.

The most obvious and immediate benefit is the enhanced "pump".

After using AKG, bodybuilders report that their pumps were far larger and lasted longer. They looked bigger. Their muscles felt fuller and tighter. Some of them literally felt pumped all day. But the pump is really only a side effect. The real benefit is the ability of NO to rapidly generate new muscle growth, increase strength and accelerate recovery in all of the muscles. Scientists still don't why, but NO stimulates protein synthesis in the muscle. That protein then goes on to form muscle tissue. The result is bigger arms, broader shoulders, a thicker chest and more powerful-looking legs.

Arginine also boosts the production of growth hormone. Human growth hormone helps in muscle building, leading to increased muscle size and strength. Arginine is a very popular treatment for erectile dysfunction, and has a reputation for restoring sex drive and confidence [1, 2].

1. Gonzalez-Cadavid NF, Rajfer J. (2000). Therapeutic stimulation of penile nitric oxide synthase (NOS) and related pathways. Drugs Today, 36, 163-174
2. Moody JA, Vernet D, Laidlaw S, Rajfer J, Gonzalez-Cadavid NF. (1997). Effects of long-term oral administration of L-arginine on the rat erectile response. Journal of Urology, 158, 942-947
3. Grange RW, Isotani E, Lau KS, Kamm KE, Huang PL, Stull JT. (2001). Nitric oxide contributes to vascular smooth muscle relaxation in contracting fast-twitch muscles. Physiological Genomics, 5, 35-44

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
AAKG has a lot of benefits over L-arginine alone. I spoke with a very well educated individual about it recently and he explained to me that AAKG is much more useful in the production of NO and thus vasodilation than L-arginine. L-argine takes on so many different roles in the body that little of it actually is used towards NO production whereas AAKG can go right to work where you want it to. Sorry if this was mentioned above, I just didnt want to read it all.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanx for the great info guys!! I was thinking of buying some. It looks like a great product to help me hold on to my gains ans strength while trying to lose some BF%

allstar

allstar

look into 1fast400