• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Upper Bicep

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Any way to hit the upper biceps?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Sorry can you show us on an antomy chart where we find the upper bicep. I was unaware of its existence.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What Tim is saying is the Biceps is all one muscle.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
alright, i duno if it's even possbile which is why i was asking in usual bicep workouts I end up getting the pump in the lower end of my bicep closest to the forearm (Lower Bicep). I'm wondering if there is any way to the the part of the bicep closest to the delts which in elevation is higher (Upper Bicep).

Cause after a day after work out i'll feel the bottom as sore and work but the top will not be.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
any and all muscle groups contract as a unit. period. doing concentration curls and the such may put slightly more stress on the outer head (the biceps is made of two muscles that insert at a common point) but it's pretty much bullshit to think your "working on your peak". whether or not you have peaked biceps is genetic. and there's no such thing as working on your upper bicep, it's either all or nothing.

oh and as far as advice goes; standing barbell curls, preacher curls, seated dumbell curls. do those, do them right, and do them hard, and you'll be golden.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
K thanks was just checking cause like i said I do biceps but it always seems sore at the bottom and not the top. Just wanted to question and verify it.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The soreness at the bottom is dependant on exercise, loading and contraction type. Eccentrics, heavy loads and some exercises tend to place higher strains on the connective tissues that insert and sheath the muscles. This is what you are feeling.

In fairness this probably will lead to some sort of elbow problem if you only "feel" an exercise there.

youngmusclejock said:
What Tim is saying is the Biceps is all one muscle.
I was saying: "one muscle, two heads; neither of which could be distinguished as upper/lower. So what was he talking about".

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
If milos was a member here maybe he could tell you how to hit your upper biceps :ughnoes:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The soreness at the bottom is dependant on exercise, loading and contraction type. Eccentrics, heavy loads and some exercises tend to place higher strains on the connective tissues that insert and sheath the muscles. This is what you are feeling.

In fairness this probably will lead to some sort of elbow problem if you only "feel" an exercise there.

I was saying: "one muscle, two heads; neither of which could be distinguished as upper/lower. So what was he talking about".

I feel the excersise the the full bicep but I was referring to the next day soreness is at the bottom of the bicep.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I feel the excersise the the full bicep but I was referring to the next day soreness is at the bottom of the bicep.

I get that kind of soreness also.Always have.I cant really help you with your problem(is it really a problem?).I know what causes that lower biceps soreness for me its hammer curls.
Train them hard and smart.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
all my curls are strict and heavy working for the pump.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Read what Tim's saying Samoan- he's got the thread summed up.

To add to the discussion:

Insertion points determine shape and clarity of certain muscle belly's, especially biceps. 2 heads; you could place a higher workload on one in specific, but there's really no point. Both are recruited equally through a supinated curl. The only time I'd prescribe someone emphasizing on a certain head more than another is for symmetrical reasons.

2-4 sets for biceps is sufficient for an acute stimuli. Don't overt think such a simple muscle group.

good luck big guy