This is a thread about travelling. Where have you been? How'd you get there? Where would you like to go? Where wouldn't you go if someone paid you?
My wife and I have been away from home for about 18-19months now. We've settled in London briefly and have been using it as a starting point for occasional trips around the UK or over to Europe. Before we landed here we did a 3 month backpacking trip through Japan and Europe and I even did a bit of Africa when I met up with my Dad and brothers.
So far I've been to:
- Japan: Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima and a few other places
- Germany: Cologne, Munich
- Spain: Barcelona, San Sebastian, Malaga
- Croatia: Zagreb, Split, Hvar, Dubrovnik
- Greece: Naflplio, Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Ios, Thermopylae
- Africa: S. Africa (Johannesburg), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Wales: Cardiff
- UK: London, Leeds, Bath, Bristol, Yorkshire
My favourite places so far have been: Japan (all of), Croatia (all of) and Ios. Africa was also mind-blowing for so many different reasons.
Least favourite: Athens, the rest of Greece was great but its capital was dirty and full of rude cunts. And the fucking Acropolis was covered with scaffolding!
Next year before we return home we're already planning one last 3 month trip encompassing:
- Czech Republic
...And finishing off with a week in Edinburgh for the Fringe Festival.
I'll try and throw some pics up later.