• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

waxy maize

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I have heard good things about this supp
sounds very similar to an NO product
anyone help here?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have heard good things about this supp
sounds very similar to an NO product
anyone help here?

ive been taking Waxy maize starch for roughly 3 weeks or so,
recovery has been great
muscle fullness of the muscle bellies
tightness of the skin

i wouldnt compare waxy maize starch( WMS ) to a n.o supplement as they are both two different things,
tho you can compare WMS to dextrose tho for quick carbs and insulin spiking for post workout.
its pretty cheap, it should be around $10/1kg ratio :tiphat:

if your interested in more information feel free to ask and myself and others willtry to assit to futher details which will explain things better :xyxthumbs:

Future

Future

Its basically a carb for repair. Its good stuff.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice post Dryden.

Yeah, it's an "alternate" idea of a fast acting carb. If it's much different than dextrose, I wouldn't say that. Give it a try and see what occurs.

allstar

allstar

I'm trying to find the study, but I have read before that waxy maize is slower digesting than dextrose and also slower than white bread

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm trying to find the study, but I have read before that waxy maize is slower digesting than dextrose and also slower than white bread

im interested in that study then, only cos from what ive heard its ment to be quicker then dextrose :dunnodude:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The speed in which it is digested is hardly significant (minuscule part of the equation), especially with a carb competent diet.

Banshee20

Banshee20

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is Eli80Cal, Banshee's husband...

The way that WMS is supposed to work is that due to a high molecular weight, it will "bypass" the stomach and go straight to the small intestine. Other nutrients get pulled along with it. By going to the small intestine and being abosrbed, you are able to minimize the insulin spike and get a complex carb into your body, for less of a crash than dextrose. It is also supposed to "empty" the stomach. The way I have seen people take it is immediately post workout with Creatine, than a protein source like 10-15 minutes later when the stomach is empty. All seem to have had good results. It's cheap enough to give it a try.

As far as speed compared to dextrose..... both are fast acting (immediate effects upon the body) but both are not fast digesting. The reason people stack dextrose and maltodextrin PWO is to get dextrose's immediate action with maltodextrin's complexity, leading to an immediate insulin rise and the start of glycogen replenishment along with a gradual release of carbs from the maltodextrin, causing an immediate spike and a gentle downslope. WMS is supposed to take care of this, as it is a "fast absorbing complex carb." Early research suggested it did not cause an insulin spike, but it has been shown to.

I am a fan of it. Like Dridderz said, good muscle fullness, recovery is good. Stomach is literally empty 10-15 minutes after taking it.