• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Luke Wood Retires

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"Hi guys. I type this with alot of emotion so i will do my best to make it understandable.
Ive decided for now to hang up my posing trunks. Ive been competing for 15 years straight, done every show here and excpet the Mr Oylmpia, done everty show over in the US. Im very proud and beyond happy with what ive achieved and i feel i have taken my body to its potential limit for now.

So yesterday i deicided this what is best for me!

Im a little hangover from last nite, as treated myself to a few drinks!

Im not say never ever will i compete, but i just need time out now. Maybe i will be back??? NEVER SAY NEVER.

The travelling, the training, the diet, yes the peformance enhencers and most of the cost of this sport has taken it toll on me!

I feel worn out and basically the fire is just not there. I have lost the passion for competing and training at such an insane intestiny which im know for for so many years.
I love bodybuilding! Its in my blood and runs through my viens! So when you feel you are not inlove with something that you were always inlove with than its time to let it go before you start hating it! Than there will always be a chance that the love with fire up again!

Im setting up my PT business and i really want to focus on Luke Wood the product now rather than Luke Wood the bodybuilder. I feel my name is name reconised not only on Australia but in most countries in the world when it comes to bodybuilding and it think now at 32 its time to set up my future financailly and cash in some of knowledge and experience.

I also plan on writing my own biography. Not sure when that will start but it will a no holds barred, not edited look into my life on stage, off stage, the travelling, the stress, the pain, the hi's, the low's and the everything inbetween!

THANKYOU!! Your every going support has been just awsome! you guys are the best!

To Tony Doherty, Paul and Carol Graham, Graig Lucas, Tanman and all the Ifbb officials, thankyou so much for giving me this life, my pro card, allowing be to turn professional and compete with the very elite of elite!

I will expand all my thankyous to the above in my book!

Ive had the awsome honour to work with some of Australia's best and elite champions! Thankyou and i will continue my contest prep help with anyone who wants me to help!

I will never leave the industry! Its my life!

Working with my dear friend Milos Sarcev has been just the most amazing experience! I learnt so much about the sport but also alot about me!

Too all my fans! I love you guys! There is never a day when i get a text, an email or a pm from someone who looks up to me and admires me! Its so humbling and at time embarassing as i just see myself as that little kid in the gym all those years ago and i still have to pitch myself when someone wants my autograph!! "Who me??? Why me" LOL!! it awsome!

Ive been so fortunate to have travelled the world because of bodybuilding. Ive guest posed all around Australia, Japan, The pacific Islands, USA and the Carribean. Its just some amazing when a promoter ask to be a special guest!
Thankyou to you all!

To all my sponsors! Thankyou! Its been great to work with you!

I hope anyone who brought ticket to watch me compete, a photo, a t'shirt and just some of my time walked away feeling better than they did before they saw me. I always gave it my 110% effort!

I never considered myself a great bodybuilder but a good bodybuilder who always gave his all and tired his hardest to get off his ass and have a go with the best in the world!

I also made sure no matter who it was i gave them the time of day and was never too good for anyone! i was taught at young age to always be humble!

I will still be avaliable to do seminars and guest appearances.

Lastly to my parents and family! f**k this is hard now! Thankyou all. I love you all more than life! the support and the sh*t you guys have put up with is amazing and i just love you all so much more for allowing me and supporting me to chase my dream!
You guys are my rock!

My Mum! You are larger than life! Never missed a show are guest pose and shed alot of tears seeing you boy up there on stage!

Mum you are the backbone of all i do! I love you!

Thankyou everyone!

Its been one hell of a ride!"

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
That last show could have taken a toll on him.
Anyway, enjoy life outside bodybuilding Luke :)

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Luke was a nice pro which i got to meet in 2005 when he guestposed in Aruba, got a signed pic and everything!

Wish him the best!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I got to meet the guy in a hotel pool when he was holidaying n Queensland, he was a great guy... at the time i didnt know who he was :( unfortunately.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Even tho it wasn't one of the greatest bodybuilders to walk the stage, like he said and also did his best with what he could work with on his body,
it is sad to see 1 to hang up his posing trunks forever or for awhile to let his body recover from what he has put it through.

All the best to him and what his future brings him and i hope he gets better from the past show of what happened to his body
:tiphat:
a aussie to an aussie, Cya mate
:keke:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aussie Aussie Aussie..........................

hydro

hydro

OI OI OI OI

lol

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good decision, he didn't really have the structure to go far. Best of luck to him in everything else.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good decision, he didn't really have the structure to go far. Best of luck to him in everything else.

Agreed. Health comes first, although the post reads like a suicide note

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Definitely the right decision - he looked very unhealthy the last time pics was posted of him, and as IS points out; he didn't really have the structure to go far. And yeah - best of the luck to him.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow, great text. I hope he can be healthy and stay motivated in his new job.

R

Ruhlforever

Enhancement Performing Drugs ahhhhhhhhhhh, a health issue perhaps???