• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The amazing bicep

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whenever I go to a gym I always find it refreshing to see people doing an entire workout composed of curls. There is nothing like seeing endless sets of exercises that essentially do the same thing.

Now you can see what exercises actually work what muscles. You'll see that there really isn't any need for more than one well chosen exercise.
2015 06 14 20 55 28

Attachments

• Bicep exercises.JPG
    Bicep exercises.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 147
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm not particularly a fan of doing BB curls or ez-bar curls with a narrow or wide grip. Not the worst thing you can do for your elbows but not the best either.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We just took a couple lectures going over the biceps and other muscles of the arm and I find its fiber arrangement and actions a lot more interesting than I ever thought. I should mention its insertions too.
So here's my question, and my professor couldnt give me an absolute answer on this either....Do you think that a curl with a pronated or partial pronated grip (barbell or dumbell, ie hammer curl) hits the brachialis harder than a neutral grip barbell curl?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'm completely guessing here but I'd almost say it has to do with how much the medial head is active at the last portion of the lift. If you look at the curls where the brachialis is most active and you'll see little activity in the medial head, except where there is a narrowed grip or arm blaster involved. This positioning essentially means the medial head can't rotate the forarm the same way but remains active without compromising the brachialis.

So I'd guess a reverse curl will have more brachialis involvement but I'd doubt it would be more than a neutral grip. But this is a guess.

Anyone else have any thoughts.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good post Tim.

my wrists, like most elbows, aren't too fond of most curls. If its not one thing, it's another. Rather annoying.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You and me both. Curse of the tiny wrist!

I actually found that strengthening up my forearms and grip made a huge difference to my curling. I still don't use and narrow or wide grips though and rarely use a preacher bench.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You and me both. Curse of the tiny wrist!

I actually found that strengthening up my forearms and grip made a huge difference to my curling. I still don't use and narrow or wide grips though and rarely use a preacher bench.

damn our wrists.

I agree about the forearm strength making curling easier, and not just a small difference either.

Narrow or wide make my wrists cry.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good stuff !!! thanks tim :tiphat: