• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

ZMA - Any good

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Does it has any benefids or shold I spend my money on something else.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
It doesn't work any good for me. But I have heard others saying it works great for them, so have a go and try it out. :)

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends on what you mean by "good". I find it gives me amazing sleep, which is certainly helpful. But as far as a testosterone booster? Nah, it's unlikely. There are some places I've seen bottles less than $10 which is worth it, but I wouldn't pay $35-$45 for one, as seen in some places.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Here in sweden its cheaper to buy Zinc, magnesium and some Vitamin B6 instead for a bottle of ZMA, so check which is cheaper

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here in sweden its cheaper to buy Zinc, magnesium and some Vitamin B6 instead for a bottle of ZMA, so check which is cheaper

No doubt, and that's probably true everywhere. But having said that, it's actually probably cheaper to buy ZMA from a supplement comany like 1fast400, than it is to buy the individual ingredients from a local drug store.

This is a really good deal. $16 for 3 months of ZMA (I take 2 caps/night).

http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=1041

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
The mojor benefit that I got from supplementing with ZMA was having awesome sleep, from the instance my head hit the pillow to when my alarm clock whent off. Not sure about testosterone boosting proporties, the main reason why I took it was because I wanted more quality sound sleep, and it sure as hell worked.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i tried abottle of ZMA afew years ago, also mainly to help with a deeper sleep,
it sure did work for a sleeping-aid

Peaceful rest
deeper sleep
some crazy dreams :keke:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Eli80Cal

Eli80Cal

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As said above.... It gives me awesome sleep. Not sure of much else. All the info about increased test has been in Z or M deficient subjects . You wake up without any grogginess, unlike benadryl or the like. Worth a shot if cheap enough.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It may have the ability to increase testosterone if deficiencies in other areas are causing decreased testosterone. For example, if it gives you a better nights sleep, that in itself can increase testosterone. Another example, intense exercise depletes zinc, which can deplete testosterone, so if its not replenished elsewhere, then it is well worth the money.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Since I haven't been sleeping too good these past nights, I'm going to be purchasing the ZMA. But I think I'll just buy some zinc, magnesium and vit B6 to save some money. O and yes Dridd, when i last had ZMA I had some mad ass dreams man, it was great lol.

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eli80Cal

Eli80Cal

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With ZMA also, there is a huge debate about Calcium, and absorption of the ZM in the presence of Calcium. I have seen very different opinions on this, with some saying that any calcium will ruin the ZMA, and others saying the aspartate form has a higher affinity than the calcium. The debate rages, with most favoring no calcium. As a sleep aid, I have found no difference with either the total absence of calcium or sprinkled on my cottage cheese. I still sleep like a rock with it.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agreed with Eli... combining calcium and ZMA is controversial, but imo, highly blown out of proportion.

Dietary Factors Influencing Zinc Absorption.
http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/130/5/1378S

"It appears unlikely that calcium per se has a negative effect on zinc absorption. We added calcium to cow’s milk formula to a level of ~1300 mg/L and found no significant difference in zinc absorption from the formula with the regular level of calcium (500 mg/L) through the use of radioisotopes in human adults and paired observations (Lönnerdal et al. 1984 ). Similarly, Spencer et al. (1984) and Dawson-Hughes et al. (1986) added large amounts of calcium to a meal and found no effect on zinc absorption in human adults. It also appears that the long-term use of calcium supplements has no effect on zinc status; Gambian women who were given 1000 mg calcium/d had plasma zinc concentrations similar to those of unsupplemented women (Yan et al. 1996 )."

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Gives you good sleep you say... hmmm.

Raise your hand if you're an insomniac.
*raises both hands*

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't take a ZMA supplement per se, as you can get Zinc supplements that have the same ingredients. ZMA is Zinc monomethionine aspartate and Magnesium Aspartate, and is just zinc magnesium and Vit B6 (pyridoxine). It was developed by Victor Conte (founder of BALCO Labs) and the formula is "patent pending" and the name "ZMA" trademarked.

So if it is ZMA it just means you have one of the bioavailable forms of zinc and magnesium. There are others and they can't be called ZMA. As long as it has those 3 in a bioavailable form it is very good to take. I actually take it instead of a multi. And yes the sleep is much better.