• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MMA Star Fedor Emelianeko Challenges Brock Lesnar

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fedor Emelianeko, considered to be one of the best MMA fighters in the world not currently under contract to UFC, issued a statement challenging new UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar to a MMA fight. The complete statement released by M-1, which has Fedor under contract is as follows:

M-1's Official Statement on Brock Lesnar's victory

M-1 would like to congratulate Brock Lesnar on his UFC heavyweight title victory as well as acknowledge Randy Couture's return to active competition after a layoff that lasted over a year.

Couture and WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko had publicly acknowledged a desire to fight each other multiple times over the course of the past year. While M-1 and Fedor remain interested in a match against Couture, we would also like to publicly state for the record that we would welcome a superfight between Fedor and Lesnar that would be held as a co-promoted event between the UFC, M-1, and Affliction Entertainment.

We've invited the media to speak with us today to not only make it clear we would welcome a Fedor vs. Lesnar matchup but to act in a preemptive fashion to address the possibility that UFC officials will try and position Lesnar as the No. 1 heavyweight in the world, much like they have tried to use a marketing ploy to brand Anderson Silfva as the number one pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

In the past, UFC president Dana White and Zuffa, LLC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta have tried to claim that Fedor was "overrated" and that his "record was irrelevant." They make these claims in spite of the fact that Fedor holds career victories over UFC champions past and present. While we have tremendous respect for the contributions Mr. Fertitta and Dana have made to this sport, we do not believe they are sincere in their statements.

It is the position of M-1 that the UFC has adopted an anti-Fedor policy because multiple attempts to sign him have not been fruitful. For a company that has tried to market itself as the number one promotion in the world, they are unable to accept the fact that the number one fighter in the world does not reside on its roster of contracted fighters.

We believe that the UFC has determined that it's much more inexpensive for them to use their marketing resources to use smoke and mirrors to brand a fighter as the pound-for-pound best as opposed to actually paying the pound-for-pound best what he is truly worth on the open market.

While Brock Lesnar is an accomplished athlete and a talented fighter, we do not consider him to be the number one heavyweight in the world. Until someone beats him, we strongly believe that Fedor should continue to be recognized as the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world. In a match between Fedor and Lesnar, we do not feel that at this stage Lesnar would be able to make it out of the first round.

For those who feel our statements in regards to Fedor are self-serving, we'd like to refer you to a video interview on the website RawVegas.tv in which at his UFC 91 after-party Couture himself acknowledges that "Fedor would probably tear Brock up at this point."

Jerry Millen, M-1 Vice President
:carduindisguise

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
never gonna happen.

it would only hurt the UFC.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if there is a god, make this happen

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
never gonna happen.

it would only hurt the UFC.
It's a longshot. I think it could happen in a few years, when Brock's closer to Fedor's level (if that actually happens).

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
It's a longshot. I think it could happen in a few years, when Brock's closer to Fedor's level (if that actually happens).
Brock will never be at Fedors level.

UFC has no reason to cross-promote with other MMA companies. They are the top dogs.

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I highly doubt this fight will ever happen but if it does I really dont think Brock stands a chance at all. Atleast not at this point. Fedor would get him out in the first.

Kanav

Kanav

Brock will never be at Fedors level.

UFC has no reason to cross-promote with other MMA companies. They are the top dogs.

Perfect post to sum it all up

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fedors would destroy.

TECH
"UFC has no reason to cross-promote with other MMA companies. They are the top dogs."

Top dogs Fall. Remember Atari was once Top Dog in the videogame world.:coolguy:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Fedors would destroy.

TECH
"UFC has no reason to cross-promote with other MMA companies. They are the top dogs."

Top dogs Fall. Remember Atari was once Top Dog in the videogame world.:coolguy:
ok. well, when they are no longer top dogs maybe they will cross-promote. but until that day, they aren't gonna make any deals with any other companies.

and it's fairly obvious that UFC will be the largest MMA promotion for at least several years....so by that time, I doubt Fedor will still be the top fighter or even still fighting. (unless, he signs a contract with the UFC)

Look at what happened when Chuck Liddell represented the UFC when he went over to Japan to fight in Pride. He ended up getting raped by a mid-level fighter (Rampage). UFC came out looking like fools. (and it didn't help that Rampage went on to get raped by Silva)

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Publicity stunt..... no way on earth this ever happens. I'm also thinking after Lesnar takes on the winner of Mir/Nog, IF by chance he is fortunate to win (he will have a much harder time against their style than Couture's), I think he might get some time off.... as long as Lesnar is holding the belt, it's a huge cash cow for promotion.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I think Brock could beat Fedor.... of course I may change this statement or leave it as is after looking up on Fedor.

But Tech is right, there is no gain from Lesnar fighting Fedor... if he wins it's on well they are UFC DOH! and if he loses is boosts only the M-1 name.

Edit: Read up on Fedor... and his record is impressive.. but I think Brock can take him. Ima stick with that I stuck with Brock last time and I'll stick with him this time.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Well I think Brock could beat Fedor.... of course I may change this statement or leave it as is after looking up on Fedor.

But Tech is right, there is no gain from Lesnar fighting Fedor... if he wins it's on well they are UFC DOH! and if he loses is boosts only the M-1 name.

Edit: Read up on Fedor... and his record is impressive.. but I think Brock can take him. Ima stick with that I stuck with Brock last time and I'll stick with him this time.
you didn't know who Fedor was?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

facepalm-1.jpg

I picked Brock over Couture, but I know Brock might be lucky to last 1 minute with Fedor.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is Fedor.... sorry, but Lesnar would get killed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dunno bud, Lesnar has the ability to adjust to an opponent but I gottcha admit .. Fedor's hand speed and submissions... make me shit my self. But I feel better knowing he could prolly never handle my squat workout lol. But the ability to kill me or destroy me within 10 seconds kinda evens it out....

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you didn't know who Fedor was?

Honestly no, I never followed MMA until Brock Lesnar join.. im a hardcore Lesnar fan have been since he wrestled in college, he was the heavyweight role model for high school wrestling. I followed his progress through Ohio Wrestling, WWE, NFL, considerations for MMA, Training, his conditioning to even now.

Which is why I have alot of faith in Lesnar I will support him as an athlete forever.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I competed as an amateur wrestler, which is one of the reasons I like Lesnar. He is indeed an absolute Freak,.... but he has no chance against Fedor.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im not a big fan of MMA or anything of that sort but GOD DAMN...He would kill lesnar...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Fedor is pretty much a modern day Jesus.....except he's stronger and can't be killed. (and he's real)

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fedor would crush Lesnar. But this will never happen, sadly.