• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Clueless Competitor - a mini documentary

mike pulcinella

mike pulcinella

Should there be minimum requirements to enter a bodybuilding contest or does anything go at the local level?

What if someone seems not to be in possession of all their faculties? Can just anyone get on stage at a bodybuilding contest?

Where do we draw the line?

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he touched in the obviously

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

i feel sick.
i cant believe i watched that to the finish

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's clear that the guy has metal problems, if he wants to compete then let him compete which is doing no harm to no one but making himself feel happy to be on stage and compete.

But to thoughs people who are fine but are out of shape up on stage is an embarrasment, you would think they would realise how out of shape they are to even consider going on stage, i have an actual picture of a guy who competed in october and march in a Bodybuilding mag that was atleast 20% bodyfat, out of shape.... people in the crowd were laughing and saying what a joke this is...
ill try and find the picture

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WTF!?Why they let those guys compete.It obvious that the guy was retarted:no:

big barry

big barry

Im all for people going for it in life & in bodybuilding, but come on. I have done a few shows, ok im not Ronnie Coleman but i would like to think i look like abit like a bodybuilder.

People like him should not be allowed on stage, say if there were on 2 guys in his class and he qualifies for a major show, then what ????

They stand on stage and the crowd gives them the biggest cheers whilst laughing at them ,yet they think its because they are a great bodybuilder. I remember a guy like him back stage when i competed and was really pissing people off, imagine dieting for months and feeling tired and your getting sycked up for the stage and you have some one like him going off in your face ....

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I seriously don't see why you should be doing that 'mini documentary' on him - they guy obviously have a mental disorder of some sort. He's not really a clueless competitor (that would be a 'normal' person well aware of what he was doing, but still competing and not wanting to realize the fact he shouldn't be on stage). This guy is just sick and should get some help instead of running around doing bodybuilding shows.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
obviously the guy has some handicaps. That being said, there is no "special" bodybuilding events or classes that I am aware of so if it makes the guy happy, I dont see a problem with it. He thinks he looks good, he thinks he is knowledgeable, more power to him.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
mike pulcinella

mike pulcinella

I seriously don't see why you should be doing that 'mini documentary' on him - they guy obviously have a mental disorder of some sort. He's not really a clueless competitor (that would be a 'normal' person well aware of what he was doing, but still competing and not wanting to realize the fact he shouldn't be on stage). This guy is just sick and should get some help instead of running around doing bodybuilding shows.

I did it because I'm a documentary filmmaker and he's an interesting subject. He'd be interesting if he was walking down the street, let alone being allowed on a bodybuilding stage. You don't think it's interesting that someone with a mental disorder is allowed to participate in a sporting event with "normal" people, with no questions asked? I do.

If he should get some help then I just called attention to his problem, unlike the hundreds of people at the show who just laughed at him, shook their heads and went home.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
You don't think it's interesting that someone with a mental disorder is allowed to participate in a sporting event with "normal" people, with no questions asked? I do.

That's basic discrimination there mate. There is no reason why he should not be allowed to compete in that competition if it is open to everybody. Its obvious that he won't make it far so why do you need to worry about it and ask questions about why he was allowed to compete at all.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Guys.... some of these people are mentally ill... don't mock them.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WTF!?Why they let those guys compete.It obvious that the guy was retarted:no:

he was mentally handicapped, yes. I don't think it's a good thing for a respected member to be mocking someone who is handicapped, using a term like that.

Mike, I did think this was well done though, I especially liked your commentary with both sides of the issue (which I know has been touched on many places before). I like how you did this without mocking him.

mike pulcinella

mike pulcinella

That's basic discrimination there mate. There is no reason why he should not be allowed to compete in that competition if it is open to everybody. Its obvious that he won't make it far so why do you need to worry about it and ask questions about why he was allowed to compete at all.

There's a big difference between discrimination and standards. If you watched the video you know that something was happening there that shouldn't have been happening. The were laughing at him. it felt wrong.

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
in his mind he thinks he is in shape , but i don't see a reason why we shouldn't let him compete . plus it's obvious that he is mentally handicaped. so instead of mocking him we should encourage him.and make him feel comfortable about himself.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most of the guys who show up at bodybuilding shows are mentally retarded. No normal person would do that, unless guided by the lulz.

Seriously, it is abnormal behavior caused by abnormal thinking.

xtacy

xtacy

this guy is mentally ill obviously and shouldn't be allowed to get on the stage. it's like letting a midget play in the nba. i mean all the bodybuilders should be trying to make people take this sport seriously and letting guys like these compete is the best way to do the opposite.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he was mentally handicapped, yes. I don't think it's a good thing for a respected member to be mocking someone who is handicapped, using a term like that.

Mike, I did think this was well done though, I especially liked your commentary with both sides of the issue (which I know has been touched on many places before). I like how you did this without mocking him.

I sincerely apologise.My comment was perhaps too exaggerated and harsh.