• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ronnie Coleman 1989 - 1990 (First Competition)

D

demostenes

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
indexpgerthpbr5-1.jpg

ittndexphpfj3-1.jpg

indgrrexphpdd9-1.jpg

Bonus pic: "Killing" Nasser
113270030050mu2-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Call me crazy but he looked better back then.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
he looked fuckin AWESOME back then!

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think they claim he was still natty then...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the people saying he looks better here than say his 98-03 olympia wins need to log off MM and join a fitness forum.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the people saying he looks better here than say his 98-03 olympia wins need to log off MM and join a fitness forum.
dude... sure he looked great in 98-03 olympia, those were his best years !!
but what we meant is his midsection looks way better :coolguy:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ i think that's what you're saying, which is true. every pro's midsection grows to a certain extent when they put on their foundation of size. and for the record, when ronnie was winning his O's, he NEVER had a midsection problem from a width standpoint. his taper was always prevalent. what he did have a problem with was abdominal distension, which is easily controlled. the only time it's apparent is when ronnie is relaxed.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

LMFAO!!!

and @ Tim: you are crazy, lol only because no one else said it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i don't think the name "skeptic" is taken at muscle and fitness.com

you would like it there bro-ha-ha

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality I'm really sorry that I haven't been brain washed into believing that bodybuilding is all about mass at all costs. I'm really sorry that I can appreciate a muscular physique that hasn't been taken to extremes so that it becomes ok for abdominal distention, thighs that chaffe just from walking, that the head is too small in comparison to other body parts, etc etc. Excuse me for being able to appreciate BBers from previous eras.

Heaven help those with an appreciation for BBing.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality I'm really sorry that I haven't been brain washed into believing that bodybuilding is all about mass at all costs. I'm really sorry that I can appreciate a muscular physique that hasn't been taken to extremes so that it becomes ok for abdominal distention, thighs that chaffe just from walking, that the head is too small in comparison to other body parts, etc etc. Excuse me for being able to appreciate BBers from previous eras.

Heaven help those with an appreciation for BBing.

the head is too small compared to other bodyparts?? thighs that chaffe from walking? you consider those to be indicators of someone's physique being too big? my thighs started chaffeing at only 27 inches, you can more than bet arnolds and sergio's were more than a little chaffey. and the head thing is just silly, i mean really?

don't underestimate how huge those guys were just because you never saw them in person. arnold was a freaking tank.

based on these comments you are not a fan of bbing, you're a fan of men's fitness and staying toned. anyone with any kind of size is going to have the "problems" you just mentioned.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
... wtf was that.... dude...Duality I would shoot him with no remorse...seriously lmao.

Like oh my god you like shot me!

pretty sure it was skeptic before one of his daily fitness jogs :wutyousay:

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ronnie sure did look good back then. thanks for the pics bro.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cleaned up the thread.

IMO Ronnie's physique went downhill after 2001.

He was very big of course in 03 but from a bodybuilding stand point he didn't look nearly as good as he used to. The bigger he got the more his back look like a mess. Don't know if it was too much muscle or what but he lost a lot of symmetry from the back.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Those arms were incredible even back then.Great job again demostenes.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cleaned up the thread.

IMO Ronnie's physique went downhill after 2001.

He was very big of course in 03 but from a bodybuilding stand point he didn't look nearly as good as he used to. The bigger he got the more his back look like a mess. Don't know if it was too much muscle or what but he lost a lot of symmetry from the back.

unnecessary.

the physique he put on stage in 2003 is widely considered the most insane combination of mass and conditioning ever displayed. his symmetry is still intact and he looks absolutely inhuman. his physique before hand (mainly 99 and 00) were was still very impressive, but no man without the aid of a myostatin inhibitor will ever top ronnie in 03.

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he sure does look better back then. nice pics .