• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2008 npc nationals: Ones to watch

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Early Favorites at the 2008 NPC Nationals

The 2008 NPC Nationals kicks of tomorrow in Atlanta, Georgia. There, the winner of each of the seven men's weight classes has the opportunity to join the brotherhood of IFBB pros. The contest carries with it a high degree of drama and gives fans and competitors alike a chance to glimpse the new breed. A representative for each class is listed below. These athletes aren't guaranteed a win, but as they have exemplified flashes of potential in the past as well as competitive grit, their physiques are very likely to be considered when the top man in their class is determined.

as Flexonline says, my vote goes to Ed Nunn for overall, i think the battle will be, between him and Liberatore.

SUPER HEAVYWEIGHTS: Ed Nunn

The top four at this year's USA will be at it again, only this time one will graduate to the pros. Nunn grabbed top honors in Las Vegas and is the early favorite to do so again here. The road will likely be harder in Atlanta, as Nunn was the only competitor out of the top four to nail his conditioning at the USAs. We can't see that happening again (or we hope it doesn't happen again). Nunn needs only to bring up his back width and thickness to stand well above the other front runners, but that's a tall order with only four months between the USAs and the Nationals. Most of the other names here have been around the block, so we are most looking forward to the Nationals debut of young guns like xx-year-old Steve Kucklo, who looked very impressive when guest posing at the Kentucky Pro Figure show two weeks ago.
Other super-heavyweights to watch: Grigori Atoyan, Kirk DeFrancesco, Stephen Frazier, Steve Kucklo Malcolm Marshall

HEAVYWEIGHTS: Michael Lockett

^^ but my pick is Liberatore, he looked great at USA's

Lockett won the heavyweight and overall titles at the 2006 Team Universe and the super-heavyweight and overall at the 2007 Junior Nationals. The 26-year-old former boxer from the Cleveland area has potential to go far in the sport, but his appearances have been sporadic up until now. Certainly gifted, he'll need to drop about 20 pounds from his Junior Nationals win to make the weight-class cutoff, and his presence in the mix will probably maintain the quality of the heavyweight class, even though last year's top five won't be present.
Other heavyweights to watch: Mark Alvisi, Trey Brewer, Anthoneil Chapagnie, Mike Liberatore

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHTS: Peter Putnam

Putnam's amateur career has been well-documented, perhaps moreso than any in recent memory, and he enters this contest as the most decorated and publicized athlete in the NPC ranks. After winning the light-heavyweight class at the 2007 USAs, Putnam placed a close second to Charles Dixon at last year's Nationals. He bypassed this year's USAs in order to focus on hitting paydirt in Atlanta. Nailing his conditioning has never been a problem for Putnam, so if he shows improvement in his back and chest he is the odds-on favorite to win the class. But with only one chance to prove that was the right decision, the pressure is on Putnam this weekend.
Other light-heavyweights to watch: Al Auguste Alan Bailey, Monty Mabry, Darrell Terrell

Last edited by a moderator:
The big king

The big king

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree liberaotre in my opinion will win his class and maybe even the overall!

ordinary

ordinary

If Liberatore's conditioning is on he will be tough to beat. He's got the name and the physique.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Liberatore for sure..

but Locket has a good aestethic physique:coolguy:

D

Djcdm22

Trey Brewer got this :methman:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Trey Brewer got this :methman:

he doesn´t even show on the ones to watch..

he must be on the ones for: please do not watch, let the guy keep the BSN sponsoring...

ps : I wish trey would appear with a decent physique..I really like the guy:xyxthumbs:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
I really like Trey aswell. I wish he brought something unbelievable. I think though, it's between, the nex X man (Edd Nunn) and Libertory.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ agree !!! it's going to be between Edd Nunn and Libertory :xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff