• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New Routine

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright, on Dec, 1st 2008 till about Feb 2nd 2008, I will be changing my weightlifting routine from heavy random volume to a more strict all round high volume and compatible weight. By repetitions I will be looking to a 20 Rep minimum and 35 rep maximum for about 3-4 sets, for all excersises. that including abs, legs, chest etc..

The layout will look something like this.

Monday: Chest, Triceps and Biceps, 45 mins of cardio, and abs.
Tuesday: Legs and Calves (Heavy 20 rep target and max per set)
Wednesday: Upper Back and Delts and abs
Thursday: Lower Back and (Glutes, unless trained on Tuesday)
Friday: Rest Day, 30 mins cardio and abs, swedish massage sessions.
Saterday: Legs and Calves (Light 35 rep target per set)
Sunday: (Gym Closed) 1-2 hours of cardio before final meal and bed.
------------------------------------------------------------------

And thats about that for the schedule.

Heavy sets and workouts will consist of weight relative to failure at 20 reps
Medium sets would be in the 25 -28 rep range
Light set would be in the 35 rep range.

During this training cycle form will be heavily emphasised, and I will refuse to count a set for bad form. Will be review vids on my form and bodily progress.

The rest in the excersises will be a little longer than usual maybe in the 1 minute to 2 minute range.

Any suggestions or comments on the workout or nutrition. I want to burn about 20-40 lbs. within this cycle if I only burn 20 lbs. I will be beyond happy.

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
try to avoid carbs after your dinner
that helped me a lot
grt

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats a lot of work there Z especially while your trying too loose some weight and your diet is far from optimal for recovery. I would take wednesday off and do some light cardio if needed. Nothing long just as a active recovery. You get a 3 on 1 off routine.
A better option imo would be to drop the volume but try to keep the intensity as high as possible. So an UB/LB routine with some cardio would be a better choice imo.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seems like a lot what youre planning to do.Im not saying it wont work for you,but overtraining is what comes to my mind when watching that program.Why so high reps?If you want to diet down,im sure high reps arent the answer..

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seems like a lot what youre planning to do.Im not saying it wont work for you,but overtraining is what comes to my mind when watching that program.Why so high reps?If you want to diet down,im sure high reps arent the answer..

Something new really, I can already feel my body having a slow to little response to my current training regiment at the 12-15 rep heavy training cycle, as well as the 3-6 rep trainign cycle I alternate between weeks.

It's time to shock my body into new pain. Which is pretty much it... My body is weird like that as well as nutrition, food doesn't really effect me strength wise only sleep. I can eat nothing for 2 days straight and still maintain great strength for squatting soemtimes even more...sometimes.

I'll try it, I just wanted to get a feel on opinions if I feel overtrained I will stop or add more rest days.

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

whatever works for you bro, would be curious to see some updates after several weeks

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whatever works for you bro, would be curious to see some updates after several weeks

Definitley, i'll be posting vids and personal body feelings im not too concerned with muslce pulls or tear cause i'll be getting weeakly deep massage session to help the healing and recovery process.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Something new really, I can already feel my body having a slow to little response to my current training regiment at the 12-15 rep heavy training cycle, as well as the 3-6 rep trainign cycle I alternate between weeks.

It's time to shock my body into new pain. Which is pretty much it... My body is weird like that as well as nutrition, food doesn't really effect me strength wise only sleep. I can eat nothing for 2 days straight and still maintain great strength for squatting soemtimes even more...sometimes.

I'll try it, I just wanted to get a feel on opinions if I feel overtrained I will stop or add more rest days.

:xyxthumbs:

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would definitely not do so high reps when dieting. Muscles are the most energy-demanding thing for the body to hold on to - when in a cal-deficit your body will try to get rid of things that are energy-demanding, thus it needs heavy stimulus to hold on the the muscles. A reprange that high will inevitably make you use somewhat light weight compared to what you normally are using which most likely will be at the expense of some musclemass because your in a calorie deficit. I would at least keep 2 days (where the whole body is worked through in these two days) with heavy weights and reps around 6-12.
I would also up the frequency - the only musclegroup your hitting twice a weak is legs, but if the other thing works for you I guess you should just go ahead.

Also - failure on a consistent basis is quite demanding for the body and CNS - and even more so when dieting so I wouldn't do it. If you lowered the reps and didn't go to failure I wouldn't worry about overtraining as some pointed out in this thread.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok I have had food posoning and been in bed sleeping for 28 hours straight and somehow it made sense that 35 reps is too much lmao. Ok chnage of plans.

Heavy sets and workouts will consist of weight relative to failure at 12 reps
Medium sets would be in the 12-18 rep range
Light set would be in the 20-25 rep range.

During this training cycle form will be heavily emphasised, and I will refuse to count a set for bad form. Will be review vids on my form and bodily progress.

The rest in the excersises will be a little longer than usual maybe in the 1 minute to 2 minute range.

Any suggestions or comments on the workout or nutrition. I want to burn about 20-40 lbs. within this cycle if I only burn 20 lbs. I will be beyond happy.

Alright that looks much better.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff