• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

nonbodybuilder bulk

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am not a competing bodybuilder and never will be; I have no aspirations to be BUT I am still love the sport and follow it. I have been small and skinny all my life I graduated high school at around 135 pounds then started lifting and eating and bulker up to 167 pounds in about a 1 1/2 year. I stopped lifting and eating seriously and have no dropped to 150 pounds. I am ready to bulk back up and put on muscle again and more than even last time. I was wondering how this bulk sounds to you guys.

2526 calories
88 grams of fat
230 grams of carbs
210 grams of protein

I know this is high in fat and calories but I just want to put on any weight right now good or bad. It is the winter I can lose the fat later if I can put on some muscle now.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sensible weight gain shouldn't have huge amounts of calories over and above what you need daily. You should also not need huge amounts of protein or fat. Pick a macro ratio in terms of your calories and go from there in designing a "diet" that you can follow fairly easily.

Also a food log is handy for tracking what you eat. I find when I am not heavily active I lose weight as well. So it is important to track what and how much you eat.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sensible weight gain shouldn't have huge amounts of calories over and above what you need daily. You should also not need huge amounts of protein or fat. Pick a macro ratio in terms of your calories and go from there in designing a "diet" that you can follow fairly easily.

Also a food log is handy for tracking what you eat. I find when I am not heavily active I lose weight as well. So it is important to track what and how much you eat.

x2

For 150 pounds thats a bit on the high side...u will gain fat easily...good luck with the diet!

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for the advice. I will keep you guys updated

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with tim. Make sure you get a caloric surplus. I (clean)bulk around the same amount of cals as you do. Just monitor what happens to your body. If your gaining fat too quick make adjustments, if your not adding weight on your frame made adjustments etc. This way you will learn how your body reacts to certain diets. Dont get too anal about macros etc when bulking as long as you get an adequete amount of protein/cals everything is fine.