• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MuscleMecca Training partner - Your pick

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As the thread title says,

If you could pick anyone on musclemecca to be your training partner,
Who would you pick & Why? :tiphat:

Edit: It can be more then 1 person

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Paul.

because he was my training partner before I joined the Navy and a good one at that.

if it were somebody I haven't trained with before, probably Dridderz because were the same age, there isn't a such a enormous gap between our lift totals so we wouldn't spend most the time messing with plates, and we're about the same age so we can handle the same amount of frequency or volume well.

I'd actually like to train with Tunen or JB, but they are both quite a bit stronger than I, and we'd mess more with plates than actually working out.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Banshee...don't think i need to elaborate on that one...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
messing with plates? unless you can like only squat 135 and tunen or JB mess around with 500it's not a big deal. i doubt the descrepancy is anywhere near that. that and the deadlift are the only two that could possibly be a problem with plates.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tech - Always wanted to workout with a robot.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
messing with plates? unless you can like only squat 135 and tunen or JB mess around with 500it's not a big deal. i doubt the descrepancy is anywhere near that. that and the deadlift are the only two that could possibly be a problem with plates.

messing with plates is a nuisance, I think the majority of us would agree. I would prefer working out with somebody nearly equal to me for A.) convenience B.) competition and C.) flow of the workout (which means less loading/unloading plates, more moving of actual weight.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
braaq's little sister. I'd let her squat on my face.

or Pain.....for the same reason.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
messing with plates is a nuisance, I think the majority of us would agree. I would prefer working out with somebody nearly equal to me for A.) convenience B.) competition and C.) flow of the workout (which means less loading/unloading plates, more moving of actual weight.

um lets see training with a training partner helping you unload the plates with a theoritical weight descripancy that i listed earlier would take what? like 20 seconds? ya that would totally mess up the "flow" for me.

when i first started training with blake there was a noticeable size difference and a huge strength difference. this played a big role in me achieveing my development and in turn i provided blake with a reliable partner and a great spotter. and changing the plates was a non issue. and now i return the motivational favor because braaq now is much better with his training because he knows if he isn't i will pass him. and considering our age difference i know that would piss him off.

motivation, check
convienence, check
competition, check

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality, you're VIP now, time to stop taking things so seriously

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
all i'm saying is that training with someone who's bigger/stronger than you is a great call if you can find someone like that to train with. if you're really serious about making improvements it's the best thing you can do imo.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
all i'm saying is that training with someone who's bigger/stronger than you is a great call if you can find someone like that to train with. if you're really serious about making improvements it's the best thing you can do imo.

Sure, there's merit to this. But others may not want to, no need to argue.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky, we'd train like pussies but have a lotta fun.

Line, pick up ladies afterward.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Probably someone who has simililar strengh levels or better yet,his stronger than me.Blake for sure.
Theres also like 20 members i would like to train with.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Well I train HIT. so that cuts a lot of members..:keke:

I would say Big guns Lance, cause he was the one that gave me the motivation to start HIT and I dónt regret it, Braaq also helped me with this.

If I had to choose I would chosse Lance couse he is stronger but it is not a huge difference like it would be with braaq. And Lance training is more similar to mine!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
big guns lance for me.

like myself, he is dedicated, consistent and focused. and he trains all out+ his physique inspires me. we're about the same strenght wise and both nattys and we have similar training styles:2:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would need someone to be as tall as me to be my training partner...cuz while squatting etc its hard to readjsut the bar the to hieght neccesary to be able to get it out of the rackk safely and properly...

1.Miamiracing: same heigth. but stronger...
2. Dridderz: Cuz i love him
3. Rocky....cuz he is awesome!
4. DA (pre-hammy injury :keke:)