• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dorian Yates 1993 vs. Ronnie Coleman 2003 - Mr. Olympia

Who do you think is overall better?

• Total voters
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
This is the comparison that many of you have been waiting for, it's not very accurate in pics size as you can see, some poses like rear lat spread and rear double biceps have 2 and 3 versions, diff angles,lighting..etc, i've put them all because i couldn't decide which one is better :tiphat:

Dorian Yates 1993 Vs Ronnie Coleman 2003 Mr.Olympia

1z2fxq9-1.jpg

1zgwzua-1.jpg

156zcih-1.jpg

23vg7cy-1.jpg

14wwy2q-1.jpg

10sgpqf-1.jpg

vwwsna-1.jpg

rear lat spread 1
2vx3zbr-1.jpg

rear lat spread 2
335f477-1.jpg

BDB 1
154bqdw-1.jpg

BDB 2
11jsv3o-1.jpg

BDB 3
289vbzp-1.jpg

amw2af-1.jpg

288a646-1.jpg

imo some pics of Ronnie and Dorian doesn't do them justice, here are their posing routines for a better judging :xyxthumbs:

Dorian Yates Mr.Olympia 1993

Ronnie Coleman Mr.Olympia 2003

Dorian Yates

Ronnie Coleman

Last edited by a moderator:
brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dorian wins . but they both look amazing.

Zendorian

Zendorian

i dont agree on that. This is colemans show. no doubt.

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

i think ronnie takes it, but it think it can go either way depending if you wanna see more mass or better conditioning. great comparrison though

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Coleman all the way baby....only pose that dorian has ronnie beat is side tri!

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Haha you just can't say without lying that Dorian takes this. This is Ronnie ALL THE WAY!

grandmaster

grandmaster

I have to agree Ronnie has him on size and the legs cannot be compared plus look at the backshot of Ronnie... He is a true beast , if only he could return like that next year!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Battle between size and conditioning here. Ronnie obv is bigger than Dorian, in the arms, chest and legs. But in the back shots Ronnie's assymetry does'nt do him any justice and his back looks abit watery, whereas Dorians back is huge, thick and grainy to fuck as if its been carved from stone. Overall I think Dorian would take this one because of his superior conditioning. Great comparison though, thanks tkD.

Bone Yard

Bone Yard

RONNIE IS A BEAST. i didnt he was so big during 2003.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tough one... very tough one.

The side tri of dorians just looks like a robocop arm ya know.

Ronnie got him beat in both mass and conditioning and alot of areas where as dorian just has him beat in conditioning in certain areas.

I gotta give it to Ronnie by a few cunt hairs.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mr Coleman!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Its a very tight call but I have to give it to Dorian, Coleman might beat him in mass a few times but Dorian has better lines in general.

D

demostenes

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mr. Dorian Yates is the winner

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Coleman owns the size game....Dorian owns the condition game.

Hard to say who wins....what these pics really showcase for me is just how great Dorian's back was. People say Coleman has the greatest back ever, well these pics can state an argument for Yates. His back was incredible!

E

emil

coleman makes dorian look like a schoolgirl....!!

CombBoy

CombBoy

Both are legends. Difficult to tell who owns cos 10 years in bodybuilding is a long time, especially technology and supplement wise. Ah fuck it - GO DORIAN!!! biggrinsanta

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you guys saying dorians condition is better serioulsy need to......shit i don't even know, look again. how can you even say that? coleman was just as renouned for his conditioning as he was his size. his lower body hardness is just unreal.

this is very clearly ronnie's. this physique is the apex of modern bodbuilding to date.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
you guys saying dorians condition is better serioulsy need to......shit i don't even know, look again. how can you even say that? coleman was just as renouned for his conditioning as he was his size. his lower body hardness is just unreal.

this is very clearly ronnie's. this physique is the apex of modern bodbuilding to date.

Dorians condition IMO is better than Ronnie's in these pics. I mean c'mon, just look at the BDB of both of them. Dorians back is sliced and diced and is thick and a heck of alot more grainy than Ronnie's.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your putting too much emphasis on the upper body and none on the lower. ronnie kills in the glutes and hams (notoriously the hardest part of the body to get into condition and almost the standard for conditioning criteria amongst the pro) ronnie's lower body always looked like it was made from plastic it was so fake looking and hard. dorians back is more grainy, but really, does grainy = better condition? branch warren is the grainiest dude alive right now and his conditioning is not better than someone like phil heath or dexter jackson. while they're not as hard, they have better seperation and appearance, that is what the bulk of one's conditioning should be judged on imo. and ronnie takes it in that regard

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Ronnie crushes him, Dorian has the ab and thigh and side triceps though