• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

here

E

emodi

ok here are my stats

5'9 198

i squat about 186 for reps

i deadlift 320 pounds for reps

i bench biggrinsanta 190 for reps

and i have about 16 percent

i take in about 3'000 calories a day

if therer is anything more let me know

i am trying to gain mass and strenght

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Try taking in another 900 calories... right now you're taking enough to maintain also make sure you are getting good breakfast (balanced) and water and vitamins.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ umm not necessarily. I'd suggest working out your basal metabolic needs using one of the online calculators and work from there.

Also taking a quick look at your stats, something doesn't add up. I think that either your form sucks, you're not 16% BF, or you only ever do deadlifts. I think we can rule out the last one straight away.
ok i got this problem i cant seem to get my legs to grow i mean at all they have been the same size for about 5 months now and i am starting to just stop working them i have tryed everything

p.s how can i increase my bench i know i know i should leave my ego at the door but i am just tired of fucking guys half my weight and half my chest size benching more than me
So your legs won't grow and you can't even squat with BW....... We have found the problem Horatio!

Simply put your squat sucks. You need to strip your squat back and learn to do it properly and progressively add weight. You also need to work you hamstrings and glutes (SLDL, GM, RDL, GHR, etc). If you lack the mobility to squat to below parrellel without your heels rising and low back rounding then you also need to work on your flexibility and mobility. I've found overhead squats handy for this purpose after a mobility style warmup.

As for benching, it isn't a flash bench but it is your strongest lift. Work on getting stronger in all of the other parts of your body, like legs and back and your bench numbers will improve.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Did I miss something? Was there actually a clear question in his post?

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the future; be more clear on your thread title please.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I quoted his original "question" from the intro section.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So your legs won't grow and you can't even squat with BW....... We have found the problem Horatio!

Simply put your squat sucks. .

Damn I didn't even notice that one.santafrown

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Aha... now I know wtf is going on.

Try a 5x5 program for beginners: http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/
Its great at getting your 3 big lifts to a good solid level. For a more advanced cycle try here: http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/table_of_contents_thread.htm

Once you get your squatting strength up size will follow. I've recently grown out of my favourite pair of jeans just from squatting heavy. Make sure you go to full depth to get the maximum benefit with the least problems. Don't just go to "parallel" because more often than not "parallel" is barely a quarter squat.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aha... now I know wtf is going on.

Try a 5x5 program for beginners: http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/
Its great at getting your 3 big lifts to a good solid level. For a more advanced cycle try here: http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/table_of_contents_thread.htm

Once you get your squatting strength up size will follow. I've recently grown out of my favourite pair of jeans just from squatting heavy. Make sure you go to full depth to get the maximum benefit with the least problems. Don't just go to "parallel" because more often than not "parallel" is barely a quarter squat.

While it's good to have a set regimen for training it's probably for more important to get proper from on the lifts.

Don't worry about rep ranges or weight but solely focus on proper form and mobility.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
While it's good to have a set regimen for training it's probably for more important to get proper from on the lifts.

Don't worry about rep ranges or weight but solely focus on proper form and mobility.

I should have mentioned that... santawink. Maybe spend a couple of weeks working on form first.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
THE SQUAT

Down this road, in a gym far away,
a young man was heard to say,
"no matter what i do, my legs won't grow"
he tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses , too
trying to cheat, these sissy workouts he'd do.

from the corner of the gym where the big men train,
through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain
where the noise is made with big forty fives,
a deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees.
a very big man with legs like trees.

laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack
chalking his hands and monstrous back,
said, "boy, stop lying and don't say you've forgotten,
the trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN'. "

-----------DALE CLARK-----------

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
THE SQUAT

Down this road, in a gym far away,
a young man was heard to say,
"no matter what i do, my legs won't grow"
he tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses , too
trying to cheat, these sissy workouts he'd do.

from the corner of the gym where the big men train,
through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain
where the noise is made with big forty fives,
a deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees.
a very big man with legs like trees.

laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack
chalking his hands and monstrous back,
said, "boy, stop lying and don't say you've forgotten,
the trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN'. "

-----------DALE CLARK-----------

Amen!

E

emodi

i see i see well i think i got good form but i will really work on it cuz i am tired of my little bro beating me at the squat i mean he this guy is only 15 and he is pushing 240