• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

hey: Help plz

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
guys, I have an extreme lower back pain(not the bones, the muscles) after any workout, and after back, don't even go there. I want to know of anything that will stop this burning pain that lasts anywhere from 5-30 minutes. I don't know if this is "back pumps", but feel free to reply, hoz.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
guys, I have an extreme lower back pain(not the bones, the muscles) after any workout, and after back, don't even go there. I want to know of anything that will stop this burning pain that lasts anywhere from 5-30 minutes. I don't know if this is "back pumps", but feel free to reply, hoz.

drink more water, sounds like muscle cramps. take taurine 500mgs a day. and drink alot of water.

and use a belt.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Or don't and let your back strengthen. Maybe focus on some core work so you don't feel so much muscle soreness.

depends bro.

if you wanna powerlift then strengthen your core, but for bodybuilding wear a belt for everything, and be safe. belts, wraps, and wrist wraps will only help you in bodybuilding to avoid injury.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

hey Will you could just stop being a pussy and take it like a man. haha jk
we working chest sunday bitch?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
depends bro.

if you wanna powerlift then strengthen your core, but for bodybuilding wear a belt for everything, and be safe. belts, wraps, and wrist wraps will only help you in bodybuilding to avoid injury.

Wearing a belt for everything makes you more inclined to injury... madsanta

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ how about u take some time off and let it chill napoleator? maybe is just tired!

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wearing a belt for everything makes you more inclined to injury... madsanta

well if your fat.

you tighten it too much you wont breath. lol

freako all jokes aside, why would powerlifters(being they wanna strenghthen their core) wear friggin
huge thick ass belts? and also wear it while benching?

wont they injure themselves lifting all the time?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
well if your fat.

you tighten it too much you wont breath. lol

freako all jokes aside, why would powerlifters(being they wanna strenghthen their core) wear friggin
huge thick ass belts? and also wear it while benching?

wont they injure themselves lifting all the time?

Belts add to their lifts by giving them something to brace their core against. I have done a lot of powerlifting reading of late and generally they say that you really should only use your belt for heavy triples to singles. Also, they usually wear belts on the bench to keep their bench shirts in place. Belts for the average trainee are too much of a crutch. They promote weakness.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Belts add to their lifts by giving them something to brace their core against. I have done a lot of powerlifting reading of late and generally they say that you really should only use your belt for heavy triples to singles. Also, they usually wear belts on the bench to keep their bench shirts in place. Belts for the average trainee are too much of a crutch. They promote weakness.

how is it a crutch? you just said they can cause injurys.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
depends bro.

:no: belts have their place, but on everything? wearing a belt for everything is not only a vagtastic thing to do, but it will put you more in an inclination for injury not less. only wear it on your heaviest sets of squats and deadlifts.

freako's advice is spot on.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:no: belts have their place, but on everything? wearing a belt for everything is not only a vagtastic thing to do, but it will put you more in an inclination for injury not less. only wear it on your heaviest sets of squats and deadlifts.

freako's advice is spot on.

ive seen bodybuilders wear belts while curling, and doing machine workouts.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ive seen bodybuilders wear belts while curling, and doing machine workouts.

weapon that's not a counterpoint in the least bit. i know in all the vids you see the pros (which isn't even what you mentioned) will be wearing belts during everything but that is no more right than wearing straps for everything. it's a crutch if those who are beginners use it all the time. developing your lower back muscles for stability is very important if you are to stay injury free. since you probably won't believe me we'll see if we can get tim or ironslave in here to elaborate (in great detail i'm sure) why using a belt for everything is very very WRONG! i can more than guarantee they will be in agreeance with myself and freako.

big barry

big barry

I recommend going to see a physio or chiropractor. It could well be that you muscle fibres in that / surronding areas could need releasing by deep tissue therapy. If you think about, alot of lower back pain ( if muscular ) can be caused by your hamstrings and glutes not functioning properly due to the fibres being tight, this will then have a knock on effect to the back.

Or it could be your skeletal frame needs to be realined , i have both done on a regular basis and highly recommend it. As your body will function better and more importanly will make you stronger as your body will have a full range of movement.

Dont bother with a belt, they are pointless. I see guys wearing a belt when they train chest etc, why. WTF has your lower back go to do with your pecs when training them. If your a power lifter, it may be a different case , which i can not comment on as i am a bodybuilder.

Dont bother going to see your doctor, they a re useless. They rest , take some antiflamitorys. Which will not solve anything, if something is wrong get it checked out.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
how is it a crutch? you just said they can cause injurys.

I meant crutch as in: A device used for assistance or support, and in that sense I was referring to it as a psychological crutch. A lot of people don't think they can lift weights without a belt.

I said that it makes you more inclined to injury because you rely on it so much and never develop proper core strength compared to the rest of your body. What's the use of being able to lift 80kg overhead if your core can only really support 40kg?

Here's a good article on the use of belts: http://www.nsca-lift.org/HotTopic/download/NSCA weight belts - V3.pdf

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
weapon that's not a counterpoint in the least bit. i know in all the vids you see the pros (which isn't even what you mentioned) will be wearing belts during everything but that is no more right than wearing straps for everything. it's a crutch if those who are beginners use it all the time. developing your lower back muscles for stability is very important if you are to stay injury free. since you probably won't believe me we'll see if we can get tim or ironslave in here to elaborate (in great detail i'm sure) why using a belt for everything is very very WRONG! i can more than guarantee they will be in agreeance with myself and freako.

i still dont agree because not everyone can workout with back pains, some people without even knowing they have back problems, if your back hurts put a belt on. seems simple enough. its obvious that you dont warm up with a belt or wraps thats ridiculous.

i messed up my back real bad without a belt, during a working set. i could stand straight or anything. i couldnt deadlift or squat for like a month.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
i still dont agree because not everyone can workout with back pains, some people without even knowing they have back problems, if your back hurts put a belt on. seems simple enough. its obvious that you dont warm up with a belt or wraps thats ridiculous.

i messed up my back real bad without a belt, during a working set. i could stand straight or anything. i couldnt deadlift or squat for like a month.

A lot of people experience some form of back pain when they start lifting but they don't know how to differentiate between bad back pain and pain from working the muscles. In most cases the pain is just due to muscular imbalances that have yet to correct themselves. If they immediately start using a belt then these imbalances will remain and leave them more prone to injury once they start lifting heavier.

I messed up my back picking up a 7kg DB of all things and for ages after that I refused to do anything without a belt because of the pain. But eventually I realised I was relying on the belt too much so I got rid of it and have since felt better than ever. I was using the belt as a mental crutch and not focussing on a proper solution.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

ah ok but you didn't say that the first time. you just said in general bodybuilders should always wear belts while training which is wrong. but if you have a back injury then yes it is warranted and i do agree

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ah ok but you didn't say that the first time. you just said in general bodybuilders should always wear belts while training which is wrong. but if you have a back injury then yes it is warranted and i do agree

sorry i didnt make it clear, but napoleon obvious has a back problem, i would play it safe and wear a belt, i didnt really mean all bodybuilders should, but alot do, its so easy to get hurt especially if your older.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

Still you should not rely on belts forever and definitely not for everything. Injuries heal over time (not always fully I'll admit) and in a lot of cases you just need to throw the belt away, lower the weight and rebuild your core strength again.