• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Breakfast Away From Kitchen

OH_Broker

OH_Broker

I currently train at a gym right across from work, in the morning, from 6:00-7:00. I start work at 8:00, so I don't have time to go home and make anything at my house . Right now, I'm eating 2 packets of Quakers Instant Oatmeal, Low Sugar. Here's the stats per packet: 120 CAL, 2 G FAT, 24 CARB, 4 G SUGAR, 4 G PROTEIN.
My question is there a better alternative to the oatmeal after the workout for Meal 1? I don't really want to take a protein shake, b/c I already take 2 for Meals 2 & 4 in order to get my 5 meals in. Thanks for any help.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Why not pack some food to take with you. You can pack it the night before.

I make my own muesli, it wouldn't take much to get a tupperware style container for it. You'd need some protein as well, but that could just be a PWO shake. Etc etc.

Plus I hope this isn't done on an empty stomach.....

OH_Broker

OH_Broker

^^ Why not pack some food to take with you. You can pack it the night before.
I usually do pack food, but in this case it's oatmeal. I'm looking for alternatives to the same old thing.

Plus I hope this isn't done on an empty stomach.....
:xmaseek3ugh: Unfortunately, this is on an empty stomach. I can feel the wrath coming.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Wrath??

I couldn't care less. The thing is though that you are doing some demanding exercise without any reversal of catabolism subsequent to waking. Best to have the oats and something else prior to working out then have a shake.

OH_Broker

OH_Broker

Gotcha. I'll plan on waking 15 or so minutes earlier and start taking the oats before the workout. Thanks.

B

bigbenmarch

if you want to pack some protein into your pre workout outs then add a scoop or 2 of protein powder into your outmeal. this will give you the carbs and the protein you need to workout in the morning. as soon as you finish thow you need some protein and simple carbs for your body to repair. have 2 or 3 scoops of protein powder mixed with some dextrose powder and some liquid aminos. this will give your body the kick it needs after workout specialy so early in the morning.
also try not to rely on the shakes so much. if you want to pack on any mass or even cut down you need to eat good quality food. try to get into the habit of cooking 4 or 5 meals to take with you the next day in tupawear containers (gota love tupawear right?) dont be ashamed of eating chicken at 9 or 10 in the morning. its just what has to be done sometimes. but make sure you get some sort of lean white meat (chicken or turkey) some lean red meat (steak) and some fish in each day. eat the fish around 6pm'ish as your joints will love you for it. you will find if you treat your body with food and not shakes for meals you will get good quality gains very quickly. and if your worried about the cost of all of this search for your local meat market. they always have better quality and cheaper prices than any supermarket. plus they remember who you are each week and if your lucky can sort out a deal with them for a cheaper price.
also drink about a litre of water with every meal. eating all this meat is great for your goals but it will start to come out your pours a little. by drinking the water it helps your body flush everything through. it will also help with you mental ability and training as it help with brain function and neurone activity.
sorry i went on for a bit on this but im bored at work (im blessed enough to work in a gym) so musclemecca is the only thing to do. hope this helps in anyway

OH_Broker

OH_Broker

if you want to pack some protein into your pre workout outs then add a scoop or 2 of protein powder into your outmeal. this will give you the carbs and the protein you need to workout in the morning. as soon as you finish thow you need some protein and simple carbs for your body to repair. have 2 or 3 scoops of protein powder mixed with some dextrose powder and some liquid aminos. this will give your body the kick it needs after workout specialy so early in the morning.
This sounds like a great idea. I used to use pretty poor quality protein powder, but since have got some high quality protein and I can already tell a difference. I'll incorporate this and see what it does for me.
also try not to rely on the shakes so much. if you want to pack on any mass or even cut down you need to eat good quality food. try to get into the habit of cooking 4 or 5 meals to take with you the next day in tupawear containers (gota love tupawear right?) dont be ashamed of eating chicken at 9 or 10 in the morning. its just what has to be done sometimes. but make sure you get some sort of lean white meat (chicken or turkey) some lean red meat (steak) and some fish in each day. eat the fish around 6pm'ish as your joints will love you for it. you will find if you treat your body with food and not shakes for meals you will get good quality gains very quickly. and if your worried about the cost of all of this search for your local meat market. they always have better quality and cheaper prices than any supermarket. plus they remember who you are each week and if your lucky can sort out a deal with them for a cheaper price.
It's not that I don't agree with you, because I do. The issue for me is I am in an office setting 9-11 hours a day, with very little time to stop and eat a meal. Yes, it may take only 5 minutes, but even that is out of my control. The only time I have to even workout is 5:00 AM. I agree 100% whole food is much superior, but at this point, it's just an option everyday.
also drink about a litre of water with every meal. eating all this meat is great for your goals but it will start to come out your pours a little. by drinking the water it helps your body flush everything through. it will also help with you mental ability and training as it help with brain function and neurone activity.
Right now, I'm drinking about 2 gallons of water a day, which has kept my body cleaned out. Thanks for all the suggestions. Right now, I'm 228 down from 258, so I'm down 30 with about 30 to go. I'm not letting the holidays slow me down either. Thanks again.