• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

LEE PRIEST: "ARNOLD'S OUT! I'LL DO AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND PRO!"

D

demostenes

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
leeil6-1.jpg

Priest Staying Home from Arnold!
Written by Dave Palumbo
Friday, 05 December 2008

Lee Priest has made it official. He'll skip the 2009 Arnold Classic and, instead, compete the following week at the IFBB Australian Pro (on Saturday) and New Zealand Pro (on Sunday). When asked why he chose to forgo the prestigious Arnold for his return to the IFBB, Priest was rather practical: "I don't want to fly all the way to the U.S. to do the Arnold only to have to turn around and come right back 6 days later." Since there's no Under 202 Class at either the Aussie or New Zealand Pro, Priest will need to place top 3 in the open class to grab 1 of 3 Olympia qualification spots. It's interesting to not that by the time Lee steps onto an IFBB Pro stage again, he will have been out of competition for almost 3 years. One can only wonder whether he's looking to launch his comeback with strong win in him homeland of Australia?

FROM MD SITE

Last edited by a moderator:
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm looking forward to seeing him back onstage :xyxthumbs:

"AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE, OI, OI, OI!"

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont think it would be too much of a problem for him to crack the top 3 at either/or both of those shows. Still seems a little odd that he is missing the Arnold, considering the amount of time he hasnt competed and also due to the depleted line-up for that show.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hmm alot of people are skipping the Arnold the main competitiors that will be there is "hopefully" Ruhl and Branch Warren.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i might have to go see lee at the aussie pro show, thankfuly its held in melbourne :xmasbigok:
great news to see him come back to the stage and thanks for sharing the news

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice to see him back on stage again

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice to see lee back in the game !!!
thanks for the updates demostenes :tiphat:

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
to bad he's not doing the arnold, but i'm super stoked to see him back on stage, can't wait!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I really wana go see the Aus pro... You better take heaps of pics D!

Fuckin long time we've had to wait for him to step bac on stage! Will be a great!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hell yeah! I want him back real soon. This guy really deserves high placing! GO LEE!!!