• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

FST-7

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys I just stumbled upon this training method today. I joined Hany Rembod's website, and did as much research and reading as I could. It looks like a pretty legit way to train. You can still do heavy lifting with low volume like a HIT style of training. And then at the end of your workout incorporate the 7 sets of FST-7 style training. It sounds like it would be easy to overtrain doing this type of training, but if you only choose 1-3 lagging body parts and do the FST-7 with it, sounds like you should be fine.

Does anyone train using FST-7? I know I've seen it on someones Training log, I just can't remember. From what I'm sure most of you know, Phil Heath is trained by Hany Rambod and has been using this type of training for 3 years. We've all seen his incredible improvements. And even though he has far superior genetics, recovery, etc etc, Im sure this type of training has given him an edge as it is pretty uncommon to the bodybuilding world.

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on this training. And If you've done it, your experiences. Likes, dislikes, etc.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To hear my thoughts I would need you to post the articles here.

Although I'm not a fan of HIT. Too much research disproving its relative effectiveness.

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

i use fst-7 occasionally

i first incorporated it to bring up my upper pecs. i really like the way it feels, havent used it long enough to give a really detailed review but it is def worth a try

it really spices up your session and its very challenging. overtraining? no not really at least for me anyway. isnt the purpose to stretch fascia? so to me its more pump sets than works sets (dont get me wrong you still work)

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It works! I'm using a new style FST-7: TG version for the Olympia.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
....I'm a little star struck that Phil heath just posted on my thread.

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry, but I have to say that I have only been using this as it has only been around for about a year.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You've only been using FSt-7 for a year? My fault. I read the FST-7 website, it said you have been training with Hany for three years. I falsely assumed those three years were with FST-7.

Still, I have a question. I'm going to start using FST-7 on two of my lagging body parts. Chest and Middle back. With the extra volume and increased need for recovery how do you think I should solve this nutrionally? Extra Protein? Carbs and Fat? Thanks Phil!! You're the man! And best of luck with the new FST-7 program. I hope it works well this off season in pursuit of the Mr. Olympia title!

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You've only been using FSt-7 for a year? My fault. I read the FST-7 website, it said you have been training with Hany for three years. I falsely assumed those three years were with FST-7.

Still, I have a question. I'm going to start using FST-7 on two of my lagging body parts. Chest and Middle back. With the extra volume and increased need for recovery how do you think I should solve this nutrionally? Extra Protein? Carbs and Fat? Thanks Phil!! You're the man! And best of luck with the new FST-7 program. I hope it works well this off season in pursuit of the Mr. Olympia title!

Correct, I have been working with Hany for 3 yrs, but recently using the new training principles over this year. As for recovery, I would supplement, more glutamine, bcaa's, fish oils and vitamin c. Collectively these will help speed recovery along with aid inflammation.

Best wishes to ya and train like no tomorrow!

Phil:xmaswiggle:

D

drexel1234

phil ur the man me and my boy pete are huge fans, very few guys at your level spend the type of time u do talking to us and giving ur advice. pete and i were talkin bout goin to a pro show soon and are defin going to the olympia when were 21 in 2 years so im really lookin foward to meeting the future AND present of the sport!!!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
/FST-7 thread

\ Phil Heath appreciation thread

What are you working on to win the Olympia this coming year Phil?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
GetSize

GetSize

I have never heard of FST-7 until I saw this thread yesterday. I went to Hany's website and read every article he had. So I decided since its was shoulder day to give it a shot. My 7 set was side lateral raises on the machine for 15 reps each(Last 5 reps were forced on each set). My whole entire shoulder is fully exhausted, mostly side delts. I will def be incorporating this into all my workouts. The pump was great!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea Dude, I bet you had a crazy pump. Good call on the lateral machine. That seems to be a big favorite for people doing FST-7 on shoulders. 15 reps seems like a little bit much, but if you're using forced reps that sounds legit. You're thinking about using FST-7 for every body part? I would really like to hear how you do with this. Do you have a log? If not, maybe just check in every now and then and tell us how you're doing with this type of training. Considering there are few if any that use it on this forum, I think it would be great if you could share with us what you're going through. Thanks!

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ya I've been using this over the past 6 weeks or so in all of my workouts.....and it works great. I think I'm gonna cut it back though and use it strictly on lagging body parts

GetSize

GetSize

Yea Dude, I bet you had a crazy pump. Good call on the lateral machine. That seems to be a big favorite for people doing FST-7 on shoulders. 15 reps seems like a little bit much, but if you're using forced reps that sounds legit. You're thinking about using FST-7 for every body part? I would really like to hear how you do with this. Do you have a log? If not, maybe just check in every now and then and tell us how you're doing with this type of training. Considering there are few if any that use it on this forum, I think it would be great if you could share with us what you're going through. Thanks!

Bro the pump was incredible. I was questioning the reps myself. Whats the typical rep range for the last 7 sets? Currently I train HIT but incorporate this at the end of the workout since its only 1 machine you use. I dont have a log but I'll def check back and update you. Im going to use it mainly for every body part (except legs though im going to try it for extensions) and pick a different exercise everyweek to do the 7 sets. So lets say for chest I'll do incline hammer strengths, followed by flat hammer strengths. Today is legs so 7 sets for extensions to finish off. If its a much as a pump as shoulders......wish me luck driving home. :xmasrofl:

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree, using it on every bodypart is tough, especially if your natural. It's taxing on the body with the extra volume. Using it just for a lagging body part or two is wise. I'm going to be doing the same.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I'm tempted to try this, but I train HIT and believe in low volume and also believe in the pump. How does this work with HIT is it compatible?

should this count has more 7 sets.. or more like a technique distant from drop sets..?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yo Natzo, I wouldn't say I'm a HIT trainer, but I do believe in all the theory behind it. I am very influenced by it in my training. I always go to failure, and my volume has lowered significantly in the past year. With FST-7 you are still supposed to do all your heavy lifting first. Hany Rambod (the creator of FST-7) says himself, that one of the main ways to grow is to gain strength with heavy lifting in lower rep ranges. So, do your HIT training, and then finish off with the 7 set FST-7. It's meant to stretch your fascia to new levels, which is also another way to aid growth. But don't use it every workout. Use it only for one or two of your lagging body parts. It may be what you need to help bring it up to par with your other bodyparts.

Also realize, that just as HIT puts a pertinance in progression of weights to get stronger, thus bigger muscles...FST-7 does as well. You're not supposed to keep a stagnant weight set the whole time. And by slowly increasing weights (very slowly I might add) you will be able to increase the stretch (pump) of the fascia, thus growth.

Fad training style or not, any style of training that believes in forward progression of weights and strength is OK in my book.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also Tim,

I know you wanted to read some articles on FST-7. So here ya go.

You might need to register on the website to read the entire length of the articles. But that takes nothing but making a username and password.

http://www.fst-7.com/fst7.html

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Yo Natzo, I wouldn't say I'm a HIT trainer, but I do believe in all the theory behind it. I am very influenced by it in my training. I always go to failure, and my volume has lowered significantly in the past year. With FST-7 you are still supposed to do all your heavy lifting first. Hany Rambod (the creator of FST-7) says himself, that one of the main ways to grow is to gain strength with heavy lifting in lower rep ranges. So, do your HIT training, and then finish off with the 7 set FST-7. It's meant to stretch your fascia to new levels, which is also another way to aid growth. But don't use it every workout. Use it only for one or two of your lagging body parts. It may be what you need to help bring it up to par with your other bodyparts.

Also realize, that just as HIT puts a pertinance in progression of weights to get stronger, thus bigger muscles...FST-7 does as well. You're not supposed to keep a stagnant weight set the whole time. And by slowly increasing weights (very slowly I might add) you will be able to increase the stretch (pump) of the fascia, thus growth.

Fad training style or not, any style of training that believes in forward progression of weights and strength is OK in my book.

Thanks a lot PPete i'll be truing this today on shoulders... has been a long time since I felt a decent pump in them.

one more question ( or two) so...I do my normal HIT training that's normally 3 exercise for shoulders and in the third I do de FST-7? or the FST is done after the 3 exercises has something adicional?

and is it an increasing weight to the 7th set or just the whey that is correct to strike say.. 8 reps all the 7 sets?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do all your heavy lifts first. So your three HIT style shoulder exercises, whatever they may be. Then do the FST-7

EX: Shoulder Press: 3 sets 4-6 reps
Upright Row: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Reverse Fly: 3 sets: 6-8 reps

FST-7: Machine Lateral raises: 7 sets 8-12 reps

And for increase in weight, I would keep the same weight throughout all seven sets as long as you can. If you have to drop down in weights after a couple sets or so because you know you won't get good form, or the right rep range, do so. That's perfectly fine. Inversely, If a weight feels too easy and your able to get more than 12 reps with good form, move up in weight. The rest time is real short, so being able to keep the same weight for 7 sets straight through is tough enough.