• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Whey Protein

grandmaster

grandmaster

Hi

My whey is 17g of protein per 22 g scoop...

So my question is how many scoops should i take and when should i take it.

Im 66kg and still in school...gym about 1hours after school

Dhiven

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hi

My whey is 17g of protein per 22 g scoop...

So my question is how many scoops should i take and when should i take it.

Im 66kg and still in school...gym about 1hours after school

Dhiven

Height, age, goals? The rule of thumb is too get 40-50 g of whey directly after your workout with some fast digesting carbs (I like bananas).

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the protein i use has 25g per serving(2 scoops). i use it when i wake up in the morning, after my workout, and before i go to bed and sometimes i will take some few hours before i workout.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It depends on how much protein u get in ur whole food meals

U say u weigh 66 kgs? 66x2.2=146 pounds about...

U should try and get at least 150 grams of protein a day

Mostly from whole food meals

seeing tht u dont wheigh much 100 grams of protein gotten from whole food is easy

So one scoop whey pre workout and 2 post workout, try getting the rest in real food!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Go for 1.5 scoops for post workout, that way u will still save money while being at school.

Aim for about 140 - 150g protein that is plenty for your bodyweight,
i would only take whey Post workout and some casein protein before bed, for the rest of the day try and get your sources of protein from whole foods

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I posted the formulae for the post workout shake. Search back through my posts in the supplement and nutrition sections.

I think from memory it was protein:carbs of 1:2 and you wanted something like 0.3xBW(in kg) to work out grams of protein. Works out at around 30g protein and 60g fast carbs for a 90kg guy. Check my post history though as I remember working it out and being surprised at how far off I was on my carbs.

Powerlifter MB

Powerlifter MB

Height, age, goals? The rule of thumb is too get 40-50 g of whey directly after your workout with some fast digesting carbs (I like bananas).

A banana PWO is a bad idea. It will raise insulin just a slight bit because of the raise in blood sugar. Fructose barely raises insulin and should only be used as a last resort. Dextrose, glycomaize or white bread are ideal.

Have a scoop in the morning for fast digesting protein with fast digesting carbs. A scoop pre workout with slow digesting carbs like oats or brown rice. Have two scoops PWO with fast digesting carbs like stated above.

grandmaster

grandmaster

Thanks for the help...

what else can i have pre-workout thats carbs i can take with me in the morning to school and then have it in the afternoon?

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A banana PWO is a bad idea. It will raise insulin just a slight bit because of the raise in blood sugar. Fructose barely raises insulin and should only be used as a last resort. Dextrose, glycomaize or white bread are ideal.

Have a scoop in the morning for fast digesting protein with fast digesting carbs. A scoop pre workout with slow digesting carbs like oats or brown rice. Have two scoops PWO with fast digesting carbs like stated above.

Sup Mike.

Powerlifter MB

Powerlifter MB

Not too much bro, where's all the nutrition experts, I hope this site has a lot! Damn you're VIP didn't you hav elike 30 posts a month ago? Or was that on AM?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff