• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Need some advice.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i got 2 options to re enlist. im a bit confused may you guys can help me out

Option 1: Army(active duty)

i get 1k for every year i enlist, 4 years=4000 Bonus.
thats being active duty. and i have to do WTC(warriror transition course) and AIT. the bonus is based on Infantry Option, i doubt any other MOS is more.

Option 2: Army National Guard(Reserve)

i get 20k for 6 years i enlist. and all i have to do is AIT. one weekend a month 2 weeks out of the year. i can have a regular job and be home. and if i want i take the 20k and then transition over to the regular army.

what do you guys think?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
What do you want to do? I thought half the reason you wanted to get back into the military was to get away from your home life?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Option 2: seems best man, going straight back to active duty, nah, that option 2 will be a nice refresh.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I don't think that money need even factor into it, the question is: do you want to go back to active duty or not?

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What do you want to do? I thought half the reason you wanted to get back into the military was to get away from your home life?

well in i do the national guard ill just transfer to baltimore again.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A military career is safe and nearly ression proof. with the job market as it is I would go with option 1. HOWEVER if you already have a primary job/career and it is secure i'd go option 2.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think that money need even factor into it, the question is: do you want to go back to active duty or not?
well honestly 20k sounds nice, but either way i can go active and i wont need a car and my money will stack up and i can get me a car later on.

some people will look at it and say, oh take the 20k, but theres a little more to it.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A military career is safe and nearly ression proof. with the job market as it is I would go with option 1. HOWEVER if you already have a primary job/career and it is secure i'd go option 2.
exactly.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Option 2: seems best man, going straight back to active duty, nah, that option 2 will be a nice refresh.

its gonna be chill no matter what. the army aint all that strict anyways. lol. nothing like the corps. but i wanna keep juicing and training and in a way im scared that im not gonna be able to do that as much.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its gonna be chill no matter what. the army aint all that strict anyways. lol. nothing like the corps. but i wanna keep juicing and training and in a way im scared that im not gonna be able to do that as much.

Thats what i was bout to say, we had guys on this forum already asking bout juicing and being active, its good to be cautious and not take the risk.
but hey man its your choice, whats your get feeling on this?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats what i was bout to say, we had guys on this forum already asking bout juicing and being active, its good to be cautious and not take the risk.
but hey man its your choice, whats your get feeling on this?

well the regular army recruiter, has busted his ass trying to get me in.

the national guard recruiter is mad lazy, doesnt pick up the phone or anything. if i tell the army recruiter that i dont want to do it, god knows how long its gonna take for me to get into the national guard.

the army recruiter has everything set up for me already. i go on tuesday to get my physical and they schedule a day for me to talk to the career counselor and sign my contract.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well the regular army recruiter, has busted his ass trying to get me in.

the national guard recruiter is mad lazy, doesnt pick up the phone or anything. if i tell the army recruiter that i dont want to do it, god knows how long its gonna take for me to get into the national guard.

the army recruiter has everything set up for me already. i go on tuesday to get my physical and they schedule a day for me to talk to the career counselor and sign my contract.

Might as well go with that then, if that recruiter is lazy fuck it.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For me it's about safety with the economic situation, if the military ever has to cut back which im 90% sure they won't reserves will be cut first. or at least suffer from a wage cut.

Now 20k right now.... is shit especially with black friday gone and passed and shit is becoming expensive 20k is just a lure bait. and will not last how ever active duty is a possible career and job security.

Your best bet would be army dude, espeically if you been through the Corps pfft army will be a cake walk. Think of it this way Corp uses 6 tabs of CS Gas in training Army uses 2.
With army you'll have a set job set hours well to go scedule for work liftign and free time and will have a comfotable community to merge with. go active.