• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ever had 500 pounds fall on your foot?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have, which just happend four hours ago.

David Turk (Turkish1530) was preparing for his max set of squats (585 lbs) and asked if I would spot the left side. Turk's been training with a new workout partner since his regular partner is home on Christmas break. I walk over to spot the left side, and his partner began adding a plate on the right. I found this strange, as I figured the weight had already been set up.

A minute later, Turk unracks the weight and takes his regular two steps back. Turk noticed something wrong, he looked into the mirror and noticed all six plates right side plates about to slide off the bar. Two plates fell off the right and without thinking Turk felt like he had no choice but to throw the bar over his left shoulder. Unfortunately, the end of the bar gashed right into my left shin (Turk said he could see my bone sticking out) while all the weight fell directly on my foot.

I didn't scream, nor did I even make a sound. I simply attempted to walk it off, thus nobody had any clue how bad I was hit. A few minutes later I approached Turk and said very calmly "uh, that entire 600 pounds just landed on my foot. I'm hit pretty bad." Turk figured the weight had just knicked me because of how calm I was, but knew this wasn't the case as soon he saw the immediate swelling of my foot. "It looked like a softball was inside your foot," Turk said.

The plates slid off because his idiot substitute training partner forgot to put a clip on the right. Not only that, but he never even apologized to me. Instead, he tells me "wow, that foot looks really bad. I bet Turk is gonna mostly blame me for that happening." I felt like saying "It is your fault fuckface," but I was very nice and told him "it's okay because you wouldn't know any better."

As I mentioned earlier, I specifically remembered him adding the sixth plate, yet he told Turk "I'm not sure if I was the one that added the plate." The worst part about it is he told Turk "well, someone else could have noticed there was no clip." Indeed the person spotting the right did notice a clip missing, but he figured Turk squats without them. That's besides the point, it was just a random person to spot the right, so why would you rely on him to notice something so important?

Ironically, I had another injury earlier in the workout where a 95 pound dumbell fell on my middle finger, which bled pretty badly. I bled even worse when the weight gashed open my shin. Then ofcourse you can't forget about the 500+ pounds falling on my foot which may have broke the bone.

Even after all of that, I threw my shoes back on and finished my chest workout limping. If that's not hardcore, I don't know what is!

Here's a picture of my foot before it swelled up even worse. It is worse than it looks, hopefully it's not broken.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Holy shit ouch :skurred: Going to the doctor to get it checked or are you just gonna wait a bit and see how it goes?

Best wishes for the healing process

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex sorry to hear hope nothings broken

R

roadcrayon

jus walk it off on the treadmill

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Holy shit Flex! Hope you're alright mate!! You've got more control than me, I would have beaten the guy.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that sucks man, only thing thats happened to me was dropping a 100lb plate on my toe
damn 500+lbs on your foot and no peep out of you?, just be careful man, check it out, and recover soon!

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DAMN Flex. ive had weight drop on my foot too, but not that much. I sure would go to the doctor to make sure nothing is broken.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i read the tittle and ouch'd myself...:no:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fucking ouch dude, TBH I would have finished my workout too, NOTHING will make me waste a workout session.

Way to keep that shit hardcore brother, uber respect get better man i'll pray for you.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is obviously shutupnsquats fault.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
like everyone said, it's better to go see a doctor.
hope you recover soon bro !!!

shutupnsquat

shutupnsquat

this is obviously shutupnsquats fault.

I do somewhat at fault... clearly i left turk with an inferior spotter ( some clown from school.. not flex) so joseph... since the turd who didnt put the clip on wont take responsibility for his terrifying breach of training partner code... i guess i will

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn bro, that is unfortunate. Hope it heals up well and soon.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Holy crap....
i hope you recover quick and well flex,
man... that looks painful
keep us updated with how things go when you get xrays done

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jesus man best of luck in the healing process.
Im sure it is probably broken though by the look of it, im not sure slamming that much weight on your foot wouldnt break it.

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn sorry to hear that..... Hope your not in too much pain bro.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Christ... looks nasty, I'd imagine it's broken.... keep icing and elevating it like there's no tomorrow, and keep taking an NSAID.

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hope you're Ok bro. I know you're hardcore, but go see a doctor just in case. with best wishes and hope you recover soon.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ai that must hurt like hell. Get well soon m8

Z

Zoknat

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn, that's looks broken flex. Better see a doctor soon buddy.
I wish you fast recovery bro.