• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

NUNN PASSES ON IRONMAN PRO!!!

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nationals champ Ed Nunn delays pro debut

December 23, 2008

by George DePirro

FLEXONLINE.COM

"My mind was saying yes, but my body was telling me no. I want to do the smart thing. A lot of guys turn pro, and they do their first show and don't do too well. They lose that limelight and disappear." Awaiting a pre-Christmas ice storm from his base in Anderson, Indiana, that's 2008 Nationals super-heavyweight and overall winner Ed Nunn's rationale for deciding to skip the 2008 Ironman Pro and delaying his impending professional debut.

"My pro debut is special to me, and I want to do well," the 37-year-old Nunn said. "It's a blessing to do what I do, an honor and a privilege. I don't want to give it half, I want to do it 100 percent. It means that much to me."

Nunn hopes the extended break will allow him to fill out his upper body and add some much-needed thickness before stepping on an IFBB stage. Recent history has shown Nunn is capable of packing on size in a short period of time. In the nine months between finishing fifth in the supers at the 2007 Nationals and winning the supers at the 2008 USAs in July, Nunn was able to add 17 pounds to his frame.

Nunn will focus on pro bodybuilding's "second season" with his debut coming at one of the August shows in Tampa, Dallas or Houston. Then, he'll likely contest the Atlantic City Pro and, if all goes well, the Mr. Olympia two weeks later. Nunn says, "I want to make it like I'm going for my pro card again. I'll go in with a lot of determination and drive."

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
He obviously has a plan, good luck to him!

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Again, pity for the fans, but good for him. Seems to be the trend lately to give the body more rest and time to grow.

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
best of luck to him.thanx 4 the info.:xyxthumbs:

The big king

The big king

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I believe he will qualify for the Mr.O 2009

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good idea, he needs to pack a bit more upperbody muscle to be able to compete in the ifbb, especially when compared to the Xman! and even he can use some extra mass