• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My 2008 DVD Year-In-Review

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
*click teh kitty for revoos*

For those of you, "in the know," I've hosted a column for Box Office Magazine's website regarding DVD reviews since this past July. For those interested, here are my top ten releases of 2008 that are currently DVD available as I'm not yet privy to advanced theatrical screenings. Any questions or comments are welcome either on here or in the comments section of the site. For those too lazy to click the above kitten, here are the top 10.

10. Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
9. Transsiberian
8. My Blueberry Nights
7. The Dark Knight
6. Redbelt
5. Man on Wire
4. WALL-E
3. Flight of the Red Balloon
2. Funny Games
1. 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days

Above all, have a good holiday, everyone. :)

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for the top 10 Line.
i looked on site and was wondering why are some of the movies in blue?

your reviews are really good.
keep up the good work.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
thanks for the top 10 Line.
i looked on site and was wondering why are some of the movies in blue?

your reviews are really good.
keep up the good work.
Thanks. The ones that are in blue are actually links to more comprehensive reviews I've written in the past.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks. The ones that are in blue are actually links to more comprehensive reviews I've written in the past.

oh thanks. i didnt even think about that it was a link to something.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Transsiberian was dreadful.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Im wondering why you put a movie like WALL-E on your list?
Its has its fun moments but a great movie? I think its very close to being boring

P

Pain

VIP
Im wondering why you put a movie like WALL-E on your list?
Its has its fun moments but a great movie? I think its very close to being boring

Boring? You don't see the charm and brilliance of that movie do you? To each his own I guess. :xmascrunk:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Boring? You don't see the charm and brilliance of that movie do you? To each his own I guess. :xmascrunk:

I didn't say it was boring, just that it was boring at times. Which is totaly different. The movie is a little more then 1 1/2h but I thought it was more then 2 hours after I was done watching it...Sure there are quite a few funny/great or whatever scenes in WALL-E but it doesn't do it for me. Obviously every one thinks different, but a movie that uses "EVE" or "WALL-E" every other second gets boring quick imo.

That being said.. the look in this movie is by far the best I have seen

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I made it through 15 minutes of Wall-E before turning it off.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
IObviously every one thinks different, but a movie that uses "EVE" or "WALL-E" every other second gets boring quick imo.
This is intentional because, as robots, they aren't really programmed to be advanced communicatively and thus have to transcend this barrier in order to not only accomplish something great but also to have an emotional connection, or the electrical equivalent for that matter. It goes back to the parallel that these robots somehow overcome the boundaries they face in order to find human emotion within each other, as they were programmed by humans after all, in a universe where humans have become more robotic than they. If you notice that, once they get on the Axiom, the humans, while talking, never do so directly to each other - they talk via screens or phones. It's important to see that such a movement exists as it shows that, while technology can be used to communicate in newfound ways (which the internet pretty much proves), it takes away from the personableness of actual contact and talk; a concept foreign to WALL-E as his only teachings of interaction come from a "classic" era film.
I made it through 15 minutes of Wall-E before turning it off.
Not enough Adderall.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
This is intentional because, as robots, they aren't really programmed to be advanced communicatively and thus have to transcend this barrier in order to not only accomplish something great but also to have an emotional connection, or the electrical equivalent for that matter. It goes back to the parallel that these robots somehow overcome the boundaries they face in order to find human emotion within each other, as they were programmed by humans after all, in a universe where humans have become more robotic than they. If you notice that, once they get on the Axiom, the humans, while talking, never do so directly to each other - they talk via screens or phones. It's important to see that such a movement exists as it shows that, while technology can be used to communicate in newfound ways (which the internet pretty much proves), it takes away from the personableness of actual contact and talk; a concept foreign to WALL-E as his only teachings of interaction come from a "classic" era film.

Not enough Adderall.

Yes I understand that, and I did notice the way humans were communicating on the Axiom, Also how WALL-E and EVE communicated Which I found funny to an extent. My first thought when the two humans touched each other was "Well that hasn't happend in 700 years or so santaton" One scene I liked once "on" the Axiom was when WALL-E used the fire-extinguisher to fly around, I also liked the scene when the captain stod up :xmaskekegay:

Obviously you are FAR more analysing then I am, so thats probably why we see this movie in different ways.