• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Hair Mineral Anlysis... supplement with what you need, not what you don't.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Hair mineral analysis is the best way to find out what minerals your body is missing and then you can supplement with them, i see a lot of people take vitamins/minerals and not even be deficent in them while the ones that they are deficent in they are not taking. It also gives you an insight into your levels of heavy metals and if they are too high which could be causing you a lot of problems/symptoms.

Its quite cheap too and very quick all thats needed is a bit of hair for analysis.

http://www.optimumhealth.net.au/index.cfm/Methods_of_Diagnosis

:xyxthumbs:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Am I correct in thinking that it will only pick up some nutritional deficiencies and not others. And am I correct in thinking that it gives you a history so it is only bigger picture, not an immediate like a blood sample or liver biopsis?

MetalMX

MetalMX

^^ Am I correct in thinking that it will only pick up some nutritional deficiencies and not others. And am I correct in thinking that it gives you a history so it is only bigger picture, not an immediate like a blood sample or liver biopsis?

You are right that it will only pick up mineral deficencies and heavy metal overload. And the bigger picture is the main thing... blood tests arent very accurate as they only give you more recent levels of certain vitamins/minerals.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ That's what I thought. Blood tests are only really usefull if you get them compared against baselines. Most clinics and MD's compare them against population normal measures, but I'd like to think we are a bit better than normal measures of a population.

I took a baseline measure a couple of years ago and I'll get another done again soon. I'm interested in doing this about every 5yrs so that I know what is being affected as I age. I'd recommend that to anyone.

MetalMX

MetalMX

It cost me $90 bucks