• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

CUTLER GOING FOR FST-7

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CUTLER GOING FOR 7s
Jay Cutler to try new approach to regaining the Olympia

by Allan Donnelly
December 29, 2008

FLEXONLINE.COM

In his attempt for Number Three, Jay Cutler is first turning to the number seven. As in fst-7, and trainer Hany Rambod.

"I felt I needed change," Cutler said. "I began training with Hany's 7s in the beginning of December. I want to emphasize my weaker bodyparts, and I felt since I was a volume trainer that the 7s would work best for me."

Cutler decided change was necessary a few weeks after finishing second to Dexter Jackson at the 2008 Olympia, where he came up short of capturing his third straight Olympia win. Now, Cutler is looking to improve on the 2006 version of his physique, when he toppled eight-time Mr. O Ronnie Coleman to nab his first Sandow.

"I feel great," Cutler said. "I am getting rounder, which is the goal. I'm in good shape anyway, but I look pretty full in areas where I am usually lacking."

Rambod, who has been instrumental in the development of Cutler's close friend Phil Heath, plans to work with Cutler a few times a month during what will be one of the most - if not the most - important offseason of Cutler's career as the two-time Mr. Olympia attempts to make history by becoming the first competitor to regain the Sandow after losing it.

"We're in the evaluating process right now, Jay will be coming up to see me in Northern California in the next few weeks," Rambod said. "He had seen so many of my guys use it and make improvements. I think seeing (Ed) Nunn's improvements from the USAs to the Nationals was the deciding factor for him."

Although it won't be routine partnership, Rambod sees Cutler and Heath training together on a more consistent basis leading up to the 2008 Olympia.

"I think (training together) is going to help them both," Rambod said. "I think it will push Phil to be better. He looks up to Jay, but now he knows he has a chance of beating him so it's a friendly rivalry. And I think Jay's at his best when chasing. We have to try to utilize that. With him being open to different training styles, that's a big step for Jay. I think it's going to take him to the next level. He's preparing farther ahead than he ever has."

Last edited by a moderator:
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"I felt I needed change," Cutler said."
Totally agree Mr Cutler

"I want to emphasize my weaker bodyparts"
Where do you begin? Adding size to your right leg? Balancing out your biceps? Reducing the size of your waist? Getting rid of the dreaded fridge look? Surgery to remove the wrinkles in your lower back? GOOD LUCK!

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Sounds like a really good move for Jay

CombBoy

CombBoy

Hope it works for him. Best of luck I say.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds like a really good move for Jay

ya except his issues aren't with muscular development, he has plenty of size, why the hell would he change his approach to that? his problem is with CONDITIONING. if jay thinks this will change anything come contest time than i'm sorry to say cutler fans jay will only drop further away from his 2nd place finish. aside from a subpar right quad and bicep he has no reason to focus on muscular size, he needs to come in IN SHAPE. this training technique will have absolutely nothing to do with this.

(most of this post is directed at the article DA, not at you)

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya except his issues aren't with muscular development, he has plenty of size, why the hell would he change his approach to that? his problem is with CONDITIONING. if jay thinks this will change anything come contest time than i'm sorry to say cutler fans jay will only drop further away from his 2nd place finish. aside from a subpar right quad and bicep he has no reason to focus on muscular size, he needs to come in IN SHAPE. this training technique will have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Agree, but then again I think the "new training method" is maybe just a front for the "other" (read roids etc) things that Rambod will do.

I remember Lee Priest saying that to get his glutes ripped he would have to do stuff that will almost kill one. After he "worked" with Rambod his glutes got ripped. Problem solved.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agree, but then again I think the "new training method" is maybe just a front for the "other" (read roids etc) things that Rambod will do.

I remember Lee Priest saying that to get his glutes ripped he would have to do stuff that will almost kill one. After he "worked" with Rambod his glutes got ripped. Problem solved.

Just for the record: You don't need roids to get shredded glutes. It can be done without all though it's probably rarely seen as most BB's use roids.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just for the record: You don't need roids to get shredded glutes. It can be done without all though it's probably rarely seen as most BB's use roids.

Hence the "ETC."

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP

No you are right, Jay doesn't "need" anymore muscle.
But if he can get his arms a little bigger that would do him good. And the legs need more size to match his upperbody...Jays legs stopped growing 2002 it seems..

If we assume Jay brings good condition, and then a physique with bigger arms and legs that match each other he will win next year, and thats with politics counted for....Im hoping for Phil but you know how it is

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
justrelaxin

justrelaxin

good choice nut ain't gonna help him get his third sandow

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont know, if anything maybe jay should try seriously reducing the volume, i mean the way hes been training is pretty much the same as this FST-7. ie extremely high volume. i think jay should give HIT a try, ala dorian style:D

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well i hope things workout well for Jay but we will just have to see what comes of all this on game day.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont know, if anything maybe jay should try seriously reducing the volume, i mean the way hes been training is pretty much the same as this FST-7. ie extremely high volume. i think jay should give HIT a try, ala dorian style:D

...I agree with Bulkboy? Weird....

... but, Jay already trains like a ferry anyways. He needs to start doing 20 rep breathing squats, heavy deadlifts, and so on.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IMHO Jay wouldn't get NEVER as conditioned as Dex or Phil, Jay lose this year 'cause his conditioning was not at his best AND his size wasn't 2006 one.

Jay needs to carry 20 more pounds of muscle than Dex with a decent conditioning to win. Fact.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No you are right, Jay doesn't "need" anymore muscle.
But if he can get his arms a little bigger that would do him good. And the legs need more size to match his upperbody...Jays legs stopped growing 2002 it seems..

If we assume Jay brings good condition, and then a physique with bigger arms and legs that match each other he will win next year, and thats with politics counted for....Im hoping for Phil but you know how it is
Jay's right leg looked to have stopped growing long before that.

I'm going to make a program that calls for 5 sets and market it. Then when I get a successful BBer using the program I will claim all of their success as a result of my program (rather than the genetics, hard work, good diet, good contest prep, roids, drugs,..........................). It will take less time than the FST-7 and will thus be boviously far superior. :jerkoff1:

D

demostenes

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
JAY CUTLER
Hello,

As you know this year I'm hungry to get the Mr. O title back. I decided to work with Hany this year. For the first time someone is monitoring my training as well as nutrition.

I have to say after years of training FST-7 is tough. I'm sure my physique will show it this year. I've been getting ton's of questions about the system and simply can't answer them all.

Hany has put together a website and even has forums with questions and answers on this system. I'm telling you give FST-7 a try you'll be glad you did.

Here is Hany's website to get all the information you need and your questions answered.

Talk to you soon,
Jay Cutler

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Tnx for this last post, sounds pretty interesting.