• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cutting down diet

A

amtz

Hi peeps,

So I'm ready to slim down and unleash my six pack and have a more defined body. I will implement the following diet and I'm seeking advice from the rest of the community.

1st meal (breakfast)

1/2 grapefruit
fruit cocktail w/ cotahe cheese
2 slices of whole grain bread
1 low calorie low carb protein shake in skim milk or water

2nd meal

hand full of almonds
a can of tuna (in water)
whole grain snack bar

3rd meal (lunch)

1/2 grape fruit
1 chicken breast or fish w/ vegies
1 low calorie lo carb protein shake in skim milk or water

4th meal

A small salad or turkey sandwich

5th meal (dinner)

1/2 grapefruit
A T-bone w/ vegies
1 low calorie low carb protein shake in skim milk or water

*Through out the day drink 3L to 4L of water or a gallon if possible.
*Drink water or green tea with my meals

So here it is would this work pertty much?? Of course this is not exactly what I will eat and the chronological order but pertty much this will be the idea. Also I'm doing this just to cut down and lower my body fat % so dont think I'm over weight my actual weight right now is 176 lbs. and about a 18-20 bf % as well how long should I diet?

CHEERS & Happy New Year may 2009 be a year full of blessings and BIGGER LEANER BODYS perhaps:xyxthumbs:

Levrone's Clone

Levrone's Clone

You should put some more chicken brest bro,and maybe some carbo at the first meal,it help's as well....don't forget a lot of intense cardio!
Look solid bro!

A

amtz

You should put some more chicken brest bro,and maybe some carbo at the first meal,it help's as well....don't forget a lot of intense cardio!
Look solid bro!
Thanks bro!! Ohh yeah usually I would eat my salads with choped chicken and so... Also I would eat pastas & soups great sources for healthy carbs.

CHEERS!!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This just might be me, but i would add more food to your meals,

drop the grapefruit aswel,
there is so meny ways to diet down but the easiest way is to calorie count, count each meal up and each week drop 50 - 100 calories, add in some cardio during the week, 2 - 3 times at 30 - 45 minutes, but change the cardio machines around aswel to keep things more interesting.

also add in abit more carbs to each of your meals that way each week u can drop abit grams here and there through your diet without starving yourself and wasting away your muscles.

Just some ideas for meals below;

Medium size potatoe with cottage cheese
Steak with rice
chicken with rice
Oats and an egg with egg whites

french toast few egg whites and an whole egg with 2 - 4 slices of bread
chicken salad with crushed nuts with a potatoe on the side

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I take A tablespoon of organic peanut butter before bed. Helps me sleep better, not hungry.

A

amtz

This just might be me, but i would add more food to your meals,

drop the grapefruit aswel,
there is so meny ways to diet down but the easiest way is to calorie count, count each meal up and each week drop 50 - 100 calories, add in some cardio during the week, 2 - 3 times at 30 - 45 minutes, but change the cardio machines around aswel to keep things more interesting.

also add in abit more carbs to each of your meals that way each week u can drop abit grams here and there through your diet without starving yourself and wasting away your muscles.

Just some ideas for meals below;

Medium size potatoe with cottage cheese
Steak with rice
chicken with rice
Oats and an egg with egg whites

french toast few egg whites and an whole egg with 2 - 4 slices of bread
chicken salad with crushed nuts with a potatoe on the side

Excuse my ignorance but why drop the grapefruit since it has well known attributes to burn fat?? Just wundering bro.

Thank for the help

CHEERS!!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
keep the grapefruit in if you want, but i just thought maybe u would get sick of eating it 3 out of 5 meals a day :keke:

A

amtz

keep the grapefruit in if you want, but i just thought maybe u would get sick of eating it 3 out of 5 meals a day :keke:

Thanks bro!! No worries after all its just 1/2 slice and I would be roating my diet daily its not written in stone:xyxthumbs:. Also big thanks for the extra meal ideas any more?? At this point any advise will be great!!

CHEERS!!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A good diet is one that you can stick to. I still don't understand the chicken and rice approach as it makes eating no fun and hard to stick to. So I'm saying you need more than one day planned, you need at least a few days, planned macro amounts, a cycle of carb intake, goal calorie amounts relative to your BMR, etc, etc, etc.

Also the grapefruit thing:
The Effects of Grapefruit on Weight and Insulin Resistance: Relationship to the Metabolic Syndrome

Journal of Medicinal Food. March 1, 2006, 9(1): 49-54.
Ken Fujioka, M.D.
Frank Greenway
Judy Sheard
Yu Ying

To study the effects of grapefruit and grapefruit products on body weight and metabolic syndrome, 91 obese patients were randomized to either placebo capsules and 7 ounces (207 mL) of apple juice, grapefruit capsules with 7 ounces (207 mL) of apple juice, 8 ounces (237 mL) of grapefruit juice with placebo capsule, or half of a fresh grapefruit with a placebo capsule three times a day before each meal. Metabolic syndrome parameters were measured at the beginning and end of 12 weeks. After 12 weeks, the fresh grapefruit group had lost 1.6 kg, the grapefruit juice group had lost 1.5 kg, the grapefruit capsule group had lost 1.1 kg, and the placebo group had lost 0.3 kg. The fresh grapefruit group lost significantly more weight than the placebo group (P < .05). A secondary analysis of those with the metabolic syndrome in the four treatment groups demonstrated a significantly greater weight loss in the grapefruit, grapefruit capsule, and grapefruit juice groups compared with placebo (P < .02). There was also a significant reduction in 2-hour post-glucose insulin level in the grapefruit group compared with placebo. Half of a fresh grapefruit eaten before meals was associated with significant weight loss. In metabolic syndrome patients the effect was also seen with grapefruit products. Insulin resistance was improved with fresh grapefruit. Although the mechanism of this weight loss is unknown it would appear reasonable to include grapefruit in a weight reduction diet.
So yes grapefruit does something, but really it isn't that much. 1.6kg over 12 weeks isn't exactly something I would be pleased with. You could do better than that by taking the dog for a walk each day. So don't add grapefruit just because it is seen as some sort of fat loss panacea, add it because you want fruit or you love the taste (but how anyone could love the taste of grapefruit is beyond me), not because some diet page said so.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just thought I'd throw this out there...
Grapefruit interacts with narcotics differently too.

Yeah, what Tim 290280 said. A Food Log= Good Idea
Try www.fitday.com
It's free.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
A

amtz

Thanks guys!! I have this e-book called "The Truth About Six Pack Abs Mike Geary Michael" I'm sure you have come across this book or some sort of add any ways.. This book has 72 different meal ideas which seem great!! Allthough some dont seem logical in case anyone whants to give it a look just let me know...

CHEERS!!